Histrionic: Low more info | forum
Narcissistic: Moderate more info | forum
Avoidant: Low more info | forum
Dependent: Moderate more info | forum
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low more info | forum

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Yes. Moderate on antisocial, low on everything else. But 15 years ago I was diagnosed with Schizotypal personality disorder after being hospitalized for depression. I knew nothing then about personality disorders. Since then I have done a lot of research on the subject, and as the saying goes, "Knowing is half the battle". I have made quite a bit of progress since then. I think it is unfortunate that people in general know so little about this topic, hence this thread.

WizardofOz

as the saying goes, "Knowing is half the battle".

2016-03-07-1457387813-3802365-PHOTO2-thumb.jpeg

:D

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Knowing really is half the battle. People who have personality disorders don't know they have them until they are informed, either through diagnosis or education on the topic. And people who know people who have disorders don't know either. They can recognize that something is amiss, but are unable to identify it precisely, Consequently, they are unable to be of any real assistance. So yes, knowing is half the battle.

Arthur Brain

Disorder | Rating

Paranoid | Low
Schizoid | Low
Schizotypal | Low
Antisocial | Moderate
Borderline | Low
Histrionic | Low
Narcissistic | Low
Avoidant | Low
Dependent | Low
Obsessive-Compulsive | Low

I think I got a moderate rating on the antisocial for answering yes to having bouts of anger although without further parameters it's a bit misleading as I think everyone is on occasion, through frustration etc. It's not violent anger aimed at other people but quite an interesting test.

Arthur Brain

Yes. Moderate on antisocial, low on everything else. But 15 years ago I was diagnosed with Schizotypal personality disorder after being hospitalized for depression. I knew nothing then about personality disorders. Since then I have done a lot of research on the subject, and as the saying goes, "Knowing is half the battle". I have made quite a bit of progress since then. I think it is unfortunate that people in general know so little about this topic, hence this thread.

I was also diagnosed with depression some years back and also made a lot of progress from those rather bleak times. Thankfully these days there's a lot more ready information to hand on the condition and less ignorance and stigma attached. Glad to hear you've progressed through it too. It can be absolutely debilitating and it hits around 50% of people at some time in life.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Low/Moderate
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: Low
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

I'd suggest for anyone taking this test that it's not a replacement for a clinical assessment and diagnosis. Even as a screening tool it seems pretty basic since it's trying to cover 10 different disorders, so if anyone comes up with something, yes - it might indicate a problem and maybe you're aware of it and this compels you to seek additional help. But you could also come up with a false positive, since the test doesn't have a sliding scale which is kind of ironic since one of the questions asks if you see everything in 'black and white, is or isn't, no gray.' So maybe just keep that in mind.

The last question referencing "your parents" as a complete unit compelled me to take the test a second time since my parents are/were different enough to compel a different answer depending on which parent I was thinking of. So I went back, changed only that last answer, and sure enough, thinking of one parent resulted in a Low result for Antisocial, and thinking of the other parent resulted in a Moderate result for Antisocial.