Faith of Jesus

Gary K

Banned
Revelation 14: 12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Do you have the faith of Jesus? He prayed just before He raised Lazarus from the grave.

John 14: 40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Do you have the faith of Jesus? Not faith in Jesus, but the same faith Jesus had. It is what made Him able to keep the commandments, raise the dead, heal the sick, and cast out demons. I know I don't have that kind of faith yet but one day I will as God is causing my faith to grow on a daily basis. How about you? Is your faith growing daily? Do you know Jesus as your friend? That's a huge step up on the way to having your faith grow daily.
Jesus' disciples as Jesus to increase their faith. His response?

Luke 17: 5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.
6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

This the way I have come to see things in the last year and a half or so. We are indeed unprofitable servants for there is nothing we can do on our own for God.

Right Divider

Body part
Do you have the faith of Jesus? Not faith in Jesus, but the same faith Jesus had. It is what made Him able to keep the commandments, raise the dead, heal the sick, and cast out demons. I know I don't have that kind of faith yet but one day I will as God is causing my faith to grow on a daily basis.
Are you being intentionally blasphemous?

Gary K

Banned
Irrational responses will get you nowhere.
So not believing the same exact thing you do is irrational? OK. Whatever. There are billions of irrational people in the world then so I consider myself in good company. Your insults are meaningless as they do no good in convincing me that you're right on anything. Bring them on. I'll ignore you from now on.

Right Divider

Body part
So not believing the same exact thing you do is irrational? OK. Whatever.
No, Gary. That is just you being irrational and ridiculous again.
There are billions of irrational people in the world then so I consider myself in good company.
Another completely irrational statement. You are nothing if not consistent.
Your insults are meaningless as they do no good in convincing me that you're right on anything.
It's not an insult, it's simply a statement of fact.
Bring them on. I'll ignore you from now on.
You've ignored me all along to begin with. You never have any sort of rational, logical response to anything.

Your statement about the reason for Christ's sinlessness was BLASPHEME.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you have the faith of Jesus? Not faith in Jesus, but the same faith Jesus had.
There is more than one definition. Allegiance to a duty, and belief. Can you not see it right here? We are saved by the faith of Christ.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Translations matter. I don't read Hebrew, Greek or Latin. And there is no Latin in the Bible, but it was a big language of the day. These people did the best they could with the original Greek. Note the difference, and how the NKJV can't be in this instance, because it doesn't make sense with it's redundancy. StP the great liked to point this one out.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;

You need to pay attention to what you are reading. That is part of the problem.

Gary K

Banned
Translations matter. I don't read Hebrew, Greek or Latin. And there is no Latin in the Bible, but it was a big language of the day. These people did the best they could with the original Greek. Note the difference, and how the NKJV can't be in this instance, because it doesn't make sense with it's redundancy. StP the great liked to point this one out.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;

You need to pay attention to what you are reading. That is part of the problem.
You forget Jesus' own words.

John 14: 2 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

So what can we do greater than raising people from the dead or casting out demons? I say nothing. I say what Jesus means is that we will do this in greater numbers than He did when we have the same kind of faith Jesus has.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

John 14: 2 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Those are words which He spoke to His disciples, specifically Peter (but addressing all twelve and THEIR desciples), in preparing them for the coming kingdom of Israel.

It has literally nothing to do with us in the Body of Christ today.

So what can we do greater than raising people from the dead or casting out demons? I say nothing.

We can't do that today, because God isn't allowing it.

I say what Jesus means is that we will do this in greater numbers than He did when we have the same kind of faith Jesus has.

Saying it doesn't make it so, and Scripture indicates otherwise.

You'd think, if it were simply a matter of having enough faith, that the number of miracles being done would increase, in correlation to the number of people who placed their faith in Christ.

But that's not what we see in scripture.

In fact, what we see is that, in the New Testament, most of the miracles done in the New Testament, about 2/3 of them, are in the four Gospels, about 1/3 of them are in Acts, and there are ZERO demonstrable miracles in the Epistles (from Romans to Jude).

All of the Epistles downplay the miraculous and choose to ignore the supernatural activity that was clearly going on. This is intentional, on God's part. It shows that Israel had been judged in unbelief and cut off, and that He had turned to working with the Body of Christ.

Miracles are not to be expected by the Body. (1 Corinthians 1:22; 2 Corinthians 11:30, 12:7-10; Galatians 4:13-15; 1 Timothy 5:23; 2 Timothy 4:20).

Note how there are only three passages in the whole Bible that teach that the average believer will be able to do miracles (Mark 16:17-18; John 14:12; James 5:14-16), and also note that all three of these are addressed directly to Israel, where the first two are Jesus speaking directly to His disciples and their converts to the Circumcision gospel (AKA the gospel of the Kingdom of Israel), and the last is James speaking "to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad." (James 1:1)

In other words, it matters not at all how much faith one has. Today, in the Body of Christ, no miracles are being done by believers.

If there were, then we would have no reason to glorify God in our infirmities and trials and difficulties.

Gary K

Banned
Those are words which He spoke to His disciples, specifically Peter (but addressing all twelve and THEIR desciples), in preparing them for the coming kingdom of Israel.

You'd think, if it were simply a matter of having enough faith, that the number of miracles being done would increase, in correlation to the number of people who placed their faith in Christ.

In fact, what we see is that, in the New Testament, most of the miracles done in the New Testament, about 2/3 of them, are in the four Gospels, about 1/3 of them are in Acts, and there are ZERO demonstrable miracles in the Epistles (from Romans to Jude).

All of the Epistles downplay the miraculous and choose to ignore the supernatural activity that was clearly going on. This is intentional, on God's part. It shows that Israel had been judged in unbelief and cut off, and that He had turned to working with the Body of Christ.

Miracles are not to be expected by the Body. (1 Corinthians 1:22; 2 Corinthians 11:30, 12:7-10; Galatians 4:13-15; 1 Timothy 5:23; 2 Timothy 4:20).

Note how there are only three passages in the whole Bible that teach that the average believer will be able to do miracles (Mark 16:17-18; John 14:12; James 5:14-16), and also note that all three of these are addressed directly to Israel, where the first two are Jesus speaking directly to His disciples and their converts to the Circumcision gospel (AKA the gospel of the Kingdom of Israel), and the last is James speaking "to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad." (James 1:1)

In other words, it matters not at all how much faith one has. Today, in the Body of Christ, no miracles are being done by believers.

If there were, then we would have no reason to glorify God in our infirmities and trials and difficulties.
You seem to forget that Paul cast out demons, healed people and raised Eutychus from the dead.

Acts 19:10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.
11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
13 ¶Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You seem to forget that Paul cast out demons, healed people and raised Eutychus from the dead.

Acts 19:10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.
11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
13 ¶Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Uh, no. That was part of my response.

Read what I said again, please, and don't skip anything.

Gary K

Banned

Like RD you seem to forget we don't believe the same way.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't forget anything. He is speaking to the circumcision and the gentiles that blessed Israel. An let's not forget nobody preached it, they preached the good news of the restoration of Israel and his rule from Jerusalem. Because the meanings were hidden from them.

So what can we do greater than raising people from the dead or casting out demons?
He said go and sin no more. Keep the commandments to inherit life. Did you forget he said that or did you leave it out on purpose?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Huh? That most modern Bible translations are based upon manuscripts created by occultist new agers is who talked with demons on a regular basis is a so what moment for you? You don't see that as a corrupting influence?

I think you're delusional if you believe that to be the case.