excellent example of MADism:

clefty

...applying UNTIL the NEW ORDER.

That new order was written in the NT by Him HIS teaching and LIFE...and then signed and sealed by HIM His blood His death...so do as was done by Him...Loving AS HE LOVED...fulfills the Law...duh...no Sunday ham was ever offered by Him in His love btw...

God's Truth

That new order was written in the NT by Him HIS teaching and LIFE...and then signed and sealed by HIM His blood His death...so do as was done by Him...Loving AS HE LOVED...fulfills the Law...duh...no Sunday ham was ever offered by Him in His love btw...

Why are you talking about Sunday and ham?

You need to pay attention.

KingdomRose

The context:

7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

His relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ is not "perfect, "complete,' recognizing that he does not know Him the way he really wants to, still being engaged in the spiritual struggle/war, in his daily walk-survey Romans 7 ff.Paul asserts that, since/although he has not obtained this complete relationship with Christ, he "presses on."

It has NADA to do with lack of assurance in salvation.

Being complete toward Christ would certainly have to do with his ultimate salvation. He must remain as complete as possible right up to the end. He said more than once that Christians had to REMAIN in God's good graces and not get turned aside.

"He has now reconciled you in his fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him [God] holy and blameless and beyond reproach, IF indeed you CONTINUE in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and NOT MOVED AWAY from the hope of the gospel that you have heard..." (Colossians 1:22,23, NASB)

"In the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have FALLEN AWAY, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put him to open shame." (Hebrews 6:4-6, NASB)

A warning to all of his co-ruling peers that they had better not turn away or they will be dead. They all were "saved" up to that point. They all had been "partakers of the Holy Spirit." But they had to REMAIN within the parameters of the Word of God.

KingdomRose

The Spirit moves through the world and binds & loosens as God's Providence ordains.

You're either pushed by the Spirit, or imbued with the Spirit.

quote-those-who-fall-away-have-never-been-thoroughly-imbued-with-the-knowledge-of-christ-but-john-calvin-75-92-19.jpg

John Calvin is wrong! I just posted a quote from the apostle Paul that shows that people can fall away who had "tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit." (Heb.6:4-6) That does not indicate in any way that those who would fall away "had a slight and passing taste of the knowledge of Christ." No--these people had been partakers of the Holy Spirit! And tasted the powers of the age to come. They were in deep, no "passing taste." John Calvin preached his own flawed ideas.

KingdomRose

Isn't the kingdom gospel still to come with establishing Israel and
third temple and all?

The Kingdom is still to come, as the Lord's Prayer hasn't been fulfilled yet---"thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." (Matt.6:9) It hasn't arrived yet, so the Kingdom Gospel is still very much alive.

Since Jesus sacrificed his human life for us, and he took the place of all of the animal sacrifices, there is no need for another Temple. The true Temple is in heaven, not made by men (Hebrews 8:1,2). No third Temple will be built in Israel. Israel was established long ago, and Jesus said that because that nation rejected him their house would be abandoned to them and the Kingdom would be given to a nation producing its fruit. (Matt.21:43; Matt.23:37,38) The "Israel of God" is now the Christian congregation. (I Peter 2:9,10) But you are right---the Kingdom is still to come.

clefty

The Kingdom is still to come, as the Lord's Prayer hasn't been fulfilled yet---"thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." (Matt.6:9) It hasn't arrived yet, so the Kingdom Gospel is still very much alive.

Since Jesus sacrificed his human life for us, and he took the place of all of the animal sacrifices, there is no need for another Temple. The true Temple is in heaven, not made by men (Hebrews 8:1,2). No third Temple will be built in Israel. Israel was established long ago, and Jesus said that because that nation rejected him their house would be abandoned to them and the Kingdom would be given to a nation producing its fruit. (Matt.21:43; Matt.23:37,38) The "Israel of God" is now the Christian congregation. (I Peter 2:9,10) But you are right---the Kingdom is still to come.

Yup...thanks...

Someone was saying the gospel of the kingdom ended or whatever and now the other gospel continues or something...

Was referring to the idea that Jesuit Zionists love their temples...thus need a continuance of this "kingdom gospel to the Jews"

But yes HalleluYah His will be done on earth as it is in Heaven...

Right Divider

Body part
Galatians 3:28-29
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all none in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.
NEITHER Jew NOR Greek.... that is NOT "Gentiles becoming Jews".

Romans 9:6-8
But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but “Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.”This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring
Again, this does NOT turn gentiles into Jews.

Gee, it's even stated in the parts of the Bible you read (or rather, not read :chuckle:)
Gee, you're confused.

Also,

Spiritual Israel
Typical nonsense.

clefty

NEITHER Jew NOR Greek.... that is NOT "Gentiles becoming Jews".

Again, this does NOT turn gentiles into Jews.

Gee, you're confused.

Typical nonsense.

Lol...Gentiles into Jews how laughable really...

But citizens of Israel yes? Following the way of that church in the wilderness yes? Inheriting what is meant for them yes? Becoming more like Him His way as He lived and loved ...just as yes?

Becoming Jewish...lol

john w

Hall of Fame
oh course I don't assert He did not die for all our sins...what He did is complete...what you do is not complete

Changing your story. Nice.

We are talking about which sins were forgiven...and yes the sacrifice at the cross forgave those sins you don't even know you do as the Romans were forgiven...but being brought into awareness of them you deny rather than repent...

You missed the argument of others, as usual-"repent of sins" to be justified.

Pay attention.

The Passover was not a sin offering...but a thanks for passing over us offering...

Oh. Tell me something that I do not know. Please teach me...Please?

Right just said that...the Passover was for passing over your wretched state...they weren't even asked which sins they committed...if they were murderers or adulterers or forum bullies spreading deceptive lies...they were merely told WHAT TO DO...and asked if they believed they were of Israel and ready to leave Egypt's bondage also known as sin...and oh yeah, had FAITH in HIS going to kill those that didn't...

and of course faith in Him to take them to the promised land...straight into the desert...

Then there is you wanting to be passed over, receiving all the promised milk and honey and also to stay in Egypt...

More babbling-quite irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Good luck with dat

No such thing as "luck," as the LORD God is in control. Only the heathen, talk like that. You talk like them. Oh, yes...."dat."
Yup while they were yet in Eygpt's bondage the Passover lamb was slain...and while they were still sinning it was killed as sinning wasn't even an issue at that point...there was NO LAW TO POINT OUT SIN YET ya dig?

More irrelevant spam.

Sit.

john w

Hall of Fame
who Paul using this metaphor?

"Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 And did all eat the same dspiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them"

Kinda odd phrasing being baptized unto Moses in the cloud drinking drank from a moving rock...but hopefully you can follow it without going into tantrums and hallucinations

identified? They were baptized unto...but hey take it up with Paul...who you claim allows you to just believe and stay in Egypt...

Others than you that's for sure...you would not only have us worship the golden calf but also back still in Egypt...

More psycho babble, IMO......

For the babes/sheep, to protect them from this moron...

"Traditional" Christianity has it backward, since they refuse to rightly divide this word of truth. After being justified by being baptized into Christ, and being new creatures in Christ, with eternal life, having been raised, ascended, and seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus(up), "religion" wants to "bury" you(down) you under the element of water , which, as part of the earth, is under a curse, by being dunked until the tadpoles know your social security number.

Water baptism, throughout the OT/NT, was never viewed as "Death/Burial/ & Resurrection."

Baptism - changing the condition, identity, of something because of an action that was performed.; placing or putting something into another substance and performing an action so that it will change the state of the item from its previous condition-it's condition, status, or identity is changed!

Baptism- the idea of being placed into something (the Lord Jesus Christ's death in this dispensation), and an action is performed, so that when we come out we are changed from our previous condition. It is all about our identification; God takes what we are in Adam and places us into the Lord Jesus Christ, and God's action (crucifying the old man) changes our condition- now we are" in Christ." We are no longer what we were in Adam, because God has done something to us and in us. Our previous condition has been changed because of what God has done:

" Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead." Colossians 2:12

Buried with Him-not like Him.

" Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: {6} Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Romans 6:3-6
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Again:Baptism- 'to change the nature, identity, condition, status, and to IDENTIFY something with its purpose.. For example, Homer, in his book "The Odyssey", desribes the tempering of a sword. When the hot metal was plunged into water, the sword was "baptized" , and thus the change in the condition of the sword was from soft to hard metal. As another example, when a piece of cloth was placed into a dye vat for coloring, there was a change in the condition of the piece of cloth upon emergence from the vat-it had a new color.

Where is the water?

" But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. " Mt. 20:22,23

"And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with shall ye be baptized". Mk 10:38,39

"And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Luke 12:50
__________________________________________________ __________

People assume baptism means "water". I can show you other passages where there is no water. There was no water on the cross. The basic idea is IDENTIFICATION for the purpose of change in condition/identity/status. Did you know that in biblical times, to dye a piece of cloth, you would "baptize" it, "overwhelm" it, "cover" it, in a vat of dye. The cloth would now have a "change in condition", a new "identity". The element was dye here. Look at:

Again..

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea...." 1 Cor. 10:2

They were identified with Moses. Also note Exodus 14:16, 22="dry ground", Exodus 14:29,15:19="dry land". No water! The Egyptians were wet, not the Israelites.

The basic idea behind the concept of baptism is identification=placing or putting something into another substance, performing an action, with the resulting purpose of a change in the state of the item from its previous condition=change in identity, change in condition, change in status.

Symbol? No one was buried in water. The Lord Jesus Christ was not buried in a liquid grave, but in rocks, and buried when dead. In contrast, the "dry baptismal" candidate is buried as soon as he has received life!

john w

Hall of Fame
You have to repent according to the one who prepared the way for Jesus.

Jesus would not have came to the people unless they repented of their sins.

Those who want to be saved now have to prepare their hearts for Jesus to live there and they have to repent of their sins.

Made up assertion, humanism. No, demon, you argue that this fake "Jesus" of yours only died for the sins you stop doing/repent of, which is a contradiction in terms, and the scripture says just the opposite, of your satanic assertion, moron, as He died for all of our sins, while we were yet sinners, died for the ungodly, unrepentant, miserable sinners, and justifies those same ungodly, unrepentant sinners, idiot.

And the Acts passage has NADA to do with repenting of your sins, you devil child, as you have been shown, for over 2 years-but your daddy devil tells you to keep spamming that passage.