Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morphy

Pastor Bob Enyart has many times mocked idea of evolution giving instead hazy 'explanations'. If you think theory of evolution is wrong how do you explain growing resistance of bacteria to antibiotics? How do you explain growing restistance of tumor cells to anticancer drugs???

Unfortunately for Bob Enyart the only logical explanation for those phenomenons is evolution...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Evolution

Originally posted by Morphy

Pastor Bob Enyart has many times mocked idea of evolution giving instead hazy 'explanations'. If you think theory of evolution is wrong how do you explain growing resistance of bacteria to antibiotics? How do you explain growing restistance of tumor cells to anticancer drugs???
Evolution doesn't explain either one of the examples you raise.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER

Well, first of all, welcome to TOL. Second, would you point out these so called "hazy explanations"? And third, you're going to have to show some evidence for your arguments instead of just stating some evolutionistic beliefs.

billygoat

How did I get such great kids??
LIFETIME MEMBER

Unfortunately for Bob Enyart the only logical explanation for those phenomenons is evolution...

News flash....
God made the world and it's creatures with a remarkable ability to adapt, and change. These things no more "prove" evolution than they "prove" special creation. I would refer you to the debate between Bob Enyart and an atheist called Zaketh. Zaketh was cocky like you, but he dropped out of the debate before it was over. Enyart spanked him but good!!!

You can buy the debate at:
Bob Enyart Live

Morphy

Originally posted by Turbo

You should call in and set him straight.

That's a bit difficult: I live in Poland (`for those who graduated public schools`: it is a country in central Europe). I listen to pastor Enyart only via internet.

Morphy

Re: Re: Evolution

Originally posted by Knight

Evolution doesn't explain either one of the examples you raise.

Oh well, it does...

What is evolution? Evolving means to change in time, to form new species and subspecies.

Bacterial resistance to antibiotics: when antibiotics were first introduced all bacteria were sensitive (of course if there was proper mechanism of action), but today there are so many strains which are resistant to many drugs. The most famous is so-called MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus).
What is bacterial resistance all about? Because of inborn inaccuracy of DNA replication there are always some mistakes while cells multiply. Among bilions of mistakes were very few which rendered bacteria less sensitive to antibiotics (for example extremely tiny alterations of structure of membrane cell canals result in excessive outflow of drug what reduces antibiotic concentration thus making it useless). In natural enviroment such 'mistakes' do not exist because they don't give any advantage to hosts. In places where people use antibiotics they do, because they are really profitable (bacteria not resistant die out). And prevalence of drug resistance is growing. And this is the way new species are formed. So - if during our lifetime new bacteria may be formed ('created' if you wish) it is obvious that evolution is true.

One may say that such processes do not apply to human beings. Wrong. Human tumour cells are living proof of evolution: they behave exactly the same as bacteria (what explains why cancers are so difficult to treat). So, if bacteria may evolve, if human cells may evolve why humans MAY NOT EVOLVE???

If you consider evolution to be wrong idea - show me better explanation of growing bacterial resistance...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Blah blah blah...:rolleyes:

Adaptation is adaptation, not evolution. And until they produce their alleged missing link, evolution will have no proof. Oh, and btw, they won't ever produce it because it doesn't exist.

P.S.
I graduated from a public school, and I know where Poland is. I'll refrain from making the easy jokes.

Morphy

Originally posted by Wamba the Fool

Well, first of all, welcome to TOL. Second, would you point out these so called "hazy explanations"? And third, you're going to have to show some evidence for your arguments instead of just stating some evolutionistic beliefs.

First of all - thank you.

Second - if god created all beings long ago how come new bacterial species appear during our lifetime?

Third - see the previous answer.

Morphy

Originally posted by lighthouse

Blah blah blah...:rolleyes:

Adaptation is adaptation, not evolution. And until they produce their alleged missing link, evolution will have no proof. Oh, and btw, they won't ever produce it because it doesn't exist.

P.S.
I graduated from a public school, and I know where Poland is. I'll refrain from making the easy jokes.

Adaptation is basis for evolution - without adaptation there is no evolution. The theory of evolution says that enviromentally misfit genes (not species!!!- that's why Darwin theory is not 100% right) die out. Those enviromentally fit thrive. And THIS IS EVOLUTION...

Finding so-called missing links is extremely difficult because they are less adapted to enviroment than later forms. If there was a huge cataclism, the next civilization would find milions of volkswagen 'beetle' remnants but hardly any prototypes. Does it mean that there has never been any prototype of 'beetle'? No - it simply means that number of prototypes equals almost zero in comparison to the entire production.

By analogy: there are 6 bilions men in the world. Therefore it is very easy to find human bones in ground. But population of pitecanthrope species was far less numerous, and their remnants keep disappering all the time... That's why it is so difficult to find missing link remnants. And - judging by present anthropologic science - there is no such thing as 'missing link' in human evolution.

PS. It is pastor Enyart who makes such 'easy jokes'. I graduated from a public school also...

Morphy

Originally posted by billygoat

News flash....
God made the world and it's creatures with a remarkable ability to adapt, and change. These things no more "prove" evolution than they "prove" special creation. I would refer you to the debate between Bob Enyart and an atheist called Zaketh. Zaketh was cocky like you, but he dropped out of the debate before it was over. Enyart spanked him but good!!!

You can buy the debate at:
Bob Enyart Live

In other words you said that god had created evolution...

Morphy

Re: Re: Re: Evolution

Re: Re: Re: Evolution

Hey, what's up???

Nobody denies evolution anymore???

I'd bet you wouldn't give up so easily...

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep, I think that's it. At least as you've defined it here.

What is the definition of a species?

One Eyed Jack

Re: Re: Re: Re: Evolution

Re: Re: Re: Re: Evolution

Hey, what's up???

I'd bet you wouldn't give up so easily...

Who says anybody's given up? Maybe we just don't feel like wasting our time arguing with you.

brother Willi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Evolution

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

Who says anybody's given up? Maybe we just don't feel like wasting our time arguing with you.
it do get old dont it.

but at times a good cage rattlin can be fun.

Morphy

Originally posted by Yorzhik

Yep, I think that's it. At least as you've defined it here.

What is the definition of a species?

A fundamental category of taxonomic classification, ranking below a genus or subgenus and consisting of related organisms capable of interbreeding. (according to webster's dictionary)

So?

Any logical explanation of the phenomenons mentioned above other than evolution? Com'on... I'm waiting for any consistent arguments...

brother Willi

A fundamental category of taxonomic classification, ranking below a genus or subgenus and consisting of related organisms capable of interbreeding. (according to webster's dictionary)

So?

Any logical explanation of the phenomenons mentioned above other than evolution? Com'on... I'm waiting for any consistent arguments...

UMMMMMM
if we go back to "kinds" in the Bible, we would see exactly what we see today.
if you say that cant be right cause i cant say "this is KIND", look at all the stuff you cant point at and say "this is kind"

Morphy

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

Well, I thought I may have been wrong and decided to ask you for explanation of well known phenomenon. I thought you would convince me, but instead of that I was offended...

I'm open-minded but offense is not what can covince me to anybody's theories... It rather backs up my own... If you have nothing more to say but to offend somebody... go to the leftists, they do it on everydays basis.

Hence thank you for confirming theory of evolution is right.

Morphy

Originally posted by brother Willi

UMMMMMM
if we go back to "kinds" in the Bible, we would see exactly what we see today.
if you say that cant be right cause i cant say "this is KIND", look at all the stuff you cant point at and say "this is kind"

I'm sorry to say that, but I am unable to translate it - could you put it in other words? I'm foreigner and I'm not as familiar with English as I would like to.

Status
Not open for further replies.