Every day is a new circus.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
At least the American public might get a return from the Democrats on their tax contributions which is more than could be said about the Republican $1 trillion "tax cut" for the wealthy that was funded with borrowed money!

The "tax cut" was such a blatant boondoggle that failed to translate into tangible financial benefits for the average American worker, the Republicans knew enough not to make it a focal point during the 2018 Interims!

Given that the nation has yet to see the President's tax returns, there is a distinct possibility that he doesn't even pay taxes - but has his hand out to reap all the benefits!

Surely this is grounds for impeachment, um?

Right Divider

Body part
Link? No? Anything like Trump's trillion-dollar tax giveaway?
Need I remind you that I'm not a Republican and do not endorse anyone from either of the two very corrupt political parties?

That was the case, the last time we had a huge republican giveaway. The deficit ballooned, and the repbublicans sadly told the middle class that they had to pay more taxes to finance tax cuts for the 1%.

I expect that will happen again.

But what have you got to show that kind of a giveaway from democrats?
The "free" health care for all is estimated to be FAR more than a mere 1 trillions dollars.

Bernie's own estimate seems to be over one trillion dollars per year for the first ten years.

Most estimates that I've see were far higher... around 3 trillions dollars per year.

Good thing that it's going to be FREE!!!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Need I remind you that I'm not a Republican and do not endorse anyone from either of the two very corrupt political parties?

But you can only realize it where democrats do it? How odd.

The "free" health care for all is estimated to be FAR more than a mere 1 trillions dollars.

Bernie says it's not free. Who are you speaking of?

Bernie's own estimate seems to be over one trillion dollars per year for the first ten years.

Doesn't sound like he says it's free. He's merely pointing out that it would cost us less than it does today. So who's saying "free?"

Here's an analysis:
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...1/how-expensive-would-single-payer-system-be/

Good thing that it's going to be FREE!!!

So you're telling us Bernie doesn't say it's free. Got a checkable link showing who does?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
According to the recent Harvard-Harris poll, 55% of Republicans like Trump personally. This must be how they get to that place.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian asks:

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
Free for all illegal aliens.

Sounds interesting. Got a link showing who advocated that? \You do realize anyone living here and paying taxes would be paying for health care under single-payer systems, right? As Bernie points out, it's not free, it's just less expensive and better coverage than we get now.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
[ QUOTE = The Barbarian ; 5349830 ] Barbarian asks:

Sounds interesting. Got a link showing who advocated that? \You do realize anyone living here and paying taxes would be paying for health care under single-payer systems, right? As Bernie points out, it's not free, it's just less expensive and better coverage than we get now.

Fix your formatting, Barb. Getting tired of having to tell you that.

Again, the link with all the formatting rules is here:

http://theologyonline.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
We disagree a little. It depends. Policy drives the speculators and if you read them you can capitalize on it. I agree that larger market cycles aren't really established by government policy, unless the shift in policy is dramatic. And then the shift and outcome is a crapshoot.

You might be right, seeing how far Trump has taken the fight with China. I guess he is either playing and outcome I cannot see, or he does not know how to win reelection?

The Berean

Samson wasn't a paragon of virtue either. The comparison may be more apt than you originally thought. :think:

Christianity vs Jew: Samson was a 'judge' of Israel during a time where it was both political as well as God-driven. Samson wasn't chosen 'because' he was the representative of virtue. He was chosen because he was a Nazarite.

Similarly, I believe a Christian, seeking his/her political concerns, may indeed vote for one who upholds those concerns, if not sharing the values behind them.

IOW, I don't believe a Christian need sell his/her soul over the matter *(some do certainly fondle over him).
Yes, I know. That is why I compared and contrasted Samson to Trump. A key point is that Samson repented before God. And Damson chose death as God's instrument to strike the Philistines down.

Judges 16:28-30
28 Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.

I seriously doubt that Trump would die for his beliefs.

Gary K

Banned
Yes, I know. That is why I compared and contrasted Samson to Trump. A key point is that Samson repented before God. And Damson chose death as God's instrument to strike the Philistines down.

Judges 16:28-30
28 Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.

I seriously doubt that Trump would die for his beliefs.

I am no where as doubtful as you are. There have already been multiple attempts on Trump's life since he was elected. He has stayed his course in spite of them so he has to know his life is at stake, and will be at stake for however long he lives as the hatred from the Never Trumpers, both from left and right, is about as extreme as it gets in politics. That type of hatred always leads to assassination attempts and as Trump is not stupid he knows this.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are we still waiting on impeachment? Come on, he'll get voted out before the Dumocrats get their act into gear.