Every Believer Must Do Good Works and Proclaim the Gospel, Some Are Called to Teach

Right Divider

Body part
If I'm self righteous for teaching giving to the poor and helping others, I wonder what that makes you. -laughing out loud and rolling me eyes at the stupidity I have to deal with on these forums-
If you think that you are EARNING salvation because of the "good works" that you do, then you are, indeed, self-righteous and lost.

Danoh

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. James 1:1

And that target audience would have been believing Jews from the twelve tribes seeing the unbelieving Jews from the twelve tribes would not have got past the name - JESUS CHRIST!!

Did you see that formula - Dispensational unbeliever?

Believing Jews from the twelve tribes vs. unbelieving Jews from the twelve tribes.

Right Divider and all MAD's run from this post!

:chuckle: What exactly is it you believe you have proven?

It is clear in Hebrews thru Revelation that the writers are writing to Israelite Believers; ever have in mind not only the various issues of faith all Believers encounter sooner or later; also have in mind the lost among their fellow Israelites; and that much of their writings are based not only on the OT, but on much that Matthew thru John will assert the Twelve and there converts would have been well aware of.

One case in point of many others that could be cited; things about which James starts out with that the Lord had taught them on, while yet with them.

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

And there are changes in all that, that I won't be going into in this post.

But if anything, James itself appears to be written to the outgrowth of all that - the people scattered in Acts 8. Some of whom the Apostle Paul asserts he had at times been successful at causing to turn against their faith, back when he was persecuting them.

Acts 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Some of whom Paul had been successful in causing to turn from their faith; an issue James opens his letter with.

Acts 26:11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

You have proven nothing.

Nevertheless, Romans 14:5 towards you, in memory of Romans 5:8.

Epoisses

:chuckle: What exactly is it you believe you have proven?

It is clear in Hebrews thru Revelation that the writers are writing to Israelite Believers; ever have in mind not only the various issues of faith all Believers encounter sooner or later; also have in mind the lost among their fellow Israelites; and that much of their writings are based not only on the OT, but on much that Matthew thru John will assert the Twelve and there converts would have been well aware of.

Revelation was written to the seven churches of Asia minor. Pretty hard to miss that.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Why would a tenth come up for consideration in regards to a limit of giving if we all our called to sell all our possessions and properties before we even give, where Zacheus even gave half his possessions away?

But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.” Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.
(Luke 19:8-9 [NIV])

Read this http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/02/19/humility-and-sell-all-your-possessions-and-properties/ .

No dodging .

The tithes , are they something we must do to be in Christ or are they to put a limit on our giving so we don't give everything ?

Jerry Shugart

We all have one leader, Jesus Christ, who laid an example, along with the apostles. Do as they do.

Here is what the Lord Jesus said about how a person receives everlasting life:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (Jn.5:24).​

Do you believe Him?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Here is what the Lord Jesus said about how a person receives everlasting life:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (Jn.5:24).​

Do you believe Him?

Would I be teaching doing works in the name of Jesus Christ if I didn't believe in him? Hello?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
No dodging .

The tithes , are they something we must do to be in Christ or are they to put a limit on our giving so we don't give everything ?

You didn't answer my question. We are to sell everything and give everything, that we may then inherit everything.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
If you think that you are EARNING salvation because of the "good works" that you do, then you are, indeed, self-righteous and lost.

Who said anything about earning salvation? We do good works out of obligation, not out of merit. We all deserve to die because of the sins we have committed, but because we have been granted mercy, simply out of the prerogative of God where he didn't have to, then we do good works as obligation reflecting the mercy we have received and the belief we have. Our appointed time to do good works is now, where we labor and toil, until the coming of the Lord, where we will then rule on the earth with him, in exaltation, if you continue doing good and do not tire of course. But many of you haven't even started laboring in good works, because you have been deceived or because you're too lazy. Your faith won't save you, because you have not proven your faith with good works. You need both, otherwise faith is dead and worthless.

Right Divider

Body part
Who said anything about earning salvation? We do good works out of obligation, not out of merit.
No, we should do them out of GRATITUDE and NOT obligation.

That principle is also shown here:

2Cor 9:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:7) Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, [so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
No, we should do them out of GRATITUDE and NOT obligation.

That principle is also shown here:

2Cor 9:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:7) Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, [so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

OBLIGATION, hence why we are called "servants". Once we are conformed into the image of God as sons of God, then we shall rule and no longer be servants, but until then, our due service unto God is doing good unto others. This is how we serve God. Don't you understand? Wake up!

Right Divider

Body part
OBLIGATION, hence why we are called "servants". Once we are conformed into the image of God as sons of God, then we shall rule and no longer be servants, but until then, our due service unto God is doing good unto others. This is how we serve God. Don't you understand? Wake up!
You're trying to force your meaning on the scripture, instead of just believing it.

Gal 4:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:7) Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Jerry Shugart

Would I be teaching doing works in the name of Jesus Christ if I didn't believe in him? Hello?

If you believe in Him then you would believe what He said, that those who believe receive everlasting life:

His words directly contradict the idea that a person MUST do good works!

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
If you believe in Him then you would believe what He said, that those who believe receive everlasting life:

His words directly contradict the idea that a person MUST do good works!

That's because you're ignoring these other words he spoke,

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. (Matthew 7:19 [ESV])

I really just can't with you people. I can't begin to describe the fury I feel against people such as yourselves who call themselves believers and deny the need to have to do good unto others.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
You're trying to force your meaning on the scripture, instead of just believing it.

Gal 4:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:7) Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Then you know what, DONT DO GOOD. Thats it. But we, who are being saved, will continue doing good unto others.

Right Divider

Body part
Then you know what, DONT DO GOOD. Thats it. But we, who are being saved, will continue doing good unto others.
Your hot temper needs some work. It's a sign that you have a spiritual problem.

Once again you are LYING in your attempt to show how great and righteous you are.

I have never once said that we should not do good works.

You should learn about the gospel of the grace of God. Then you can do good works from the gratitude of your salvation, instead of feeling obligated to do so.

We who are saved know the difference.

glorydaz

I really just can't with you people. I can't begin to describe the fury I feel against people such as yourselves who call themselves believers and deny the need to have to do good unto others.

That "fury" is a sign that the peace of God does not dwell in you. You're simply angry at those who give all the glory to the Lord, and claim none for themselves. Why would you be furious with people who give all the glory to God?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Your hot temper needs some work. It's a sign that you have a spiritual problem.

Once again you are LYING in your attempt to show how great and righteous you are.

I have never once said that we should not do good works.

You should learn about the gospel of the grace of God. Then you can do good works from the gratitude of your salvation, instead of feeling obligated to do so.

We who are saved know the difference.

LOL, the person that feels that feeding the hungry is optional is telling the person that is feeding the hungry as commanded to learn about grace, when the person doing the works is the one actually showing the grace of God, and the person that is not doing good is the one not showing the grace of God. Do you not realize your own folly? As if the one who is doing good should be reprimanded as opposed to the one that thinks its optional! Not even the Law of God makes doing good unto others optional,

“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the LORD against you, and you be guilty of sin. (Deuteronomy 15:7-9 [ESV])

But then of course, you're probably one of those who thinks the Law no longer applies to you yada yada yada.

Right Divider

Body part
LOL, the person that feels that feeding the hungry is optional is telling the person that is feeding the hungry as commanded to learn about grace, when the person doing the works is the one actually showing the grace of God, and the person that is not doing good is the one not showing the grace of God. Do you not realize your own folly? As if the one who is doing good should be reprimanded as opposed to the one that thinks its optional! Not even the Law of God makes doing good unto others optional,
You sure are proud.

“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the LORD against you, and you be guilty of sin. (Deuteronomy 15:7-9 [ESV])
So now you're an Israelite? Are you also obligated to go to Jerusalem three times a year for the mandatory feasts?

But then of course, you're probably one of those who thinks the Law no longer applies to you yada yada yada.
I do good works out of GRATITUDE for the forgiveness of the LORD.

You do it because you think that you are obligated and earn brownie points for it.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I do good works out of GRATITUDE for the forgiveness of the LORD.

You do it because you think that you are obligated and earn brownie points for it.

Compel is a synonym of obligate.

14For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that One died for all, therefore all died.

15And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died for them and was raised again.…