Evangelical Pastors See Pope as Brother in Christ

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Evangelical Pastors See Pope as Brother in Christ Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "Almost two-thirds of evangelical pastors view Pope Francis :eek:linger: as a genuine Christian and their brother in Christ. More than one-third say they value the pope's view on theology. Those are among the findings of a study of 1,000 Protestant pastors, released by LifeWay Research.

Ed Stetzer, executive director of LifeWay Research, said, "The forerunners of most Protestant pastors -- from Luther, to Wesley, to Spurgeon -- certainly did not see the pope as their brother in Christ. :poly: Within a few centuries, the pope has gone from anti-Christ to 'brother in Christ' for a lot of Protestants."

One evangelical pastor said the disagreement between Protestants and Catholics over religious authority and salvation fades as piety trumps doctrine. Rick Warren was impressed with the humble quality of Francis' ministry and subsequently described him as "our new pope." Luis Palau, whose friendship with Francis reaches back to his years in Argentina, also points to the pope's "personal lifestyle" as a reason why evangelicals hold him in such high regard. Charismatic leaders, including Joel Osteen and Kenneth Copeland, have also enjoyed papal audiences. Timothy George, Dean of Beeson Divinity School, has called the pope "Our Francis, too."

The pope's charismatic spirituality was confirmed when several Catholic and evangelical leaders met to discuss the ministry of Pope Francis. They received a letter from the pope in which he said, "The year 2017 marks the 50th year since the sovereign irruption of the Holy Spirit in the Catholic Church, known today as the Charismatic Renewal, which was birthed ecumenically." The pope invited those who have been born again to celebrate together in St. Peter's Square and to pray for a new Pentecost for the Church and for the world. Read more.

[Mike Gendron Comment] The LifeWay poll indicates how many pastors are denying the exclusivity of the Gospel. Those who believe Pope Francis is a genuine Christian and a brother-in-Christ, either do not know the Gospel of grace or they do not know the false and fatal gospel of Catholicism. There is also a third possibility. They know the truth, but chose not to contend for the faith because they are man pleasers, not God pleasers." Pro-Gospel.org

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
[Evangelical Pastors See Pope as Brother in Christ Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "Almost two-thirds of evangelical pastors view Pope Francis :eek:linger: as a genuine Christian and their brother in Christ. More than one-third say they value the pope's view on theology. Those are among the findings of a study of 1,000 Protestant pastors, released by LifeWay Research.
2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[Mike Gendron Comment] The LifeWay poll indicates how many pastors are denying the exclusivity of the Gospel. Those who believe Pope Francis is a genuine Christian and a brother-in-Christ, either do not know the Gospel of grace or they do not know the false and fatal gospel of Catholicism. There is also a third possibility. They know the truth, but chose not to contend for the faith because they are man pleasers, not God pleasers." Pro-Gospel.org

Man-pleasing bootlickers

turbosixx

Ed Stetzer, executive director of LifeWay Research, said, "The forerunners of most Protestant pastors -- from Luther, to Wesley, to Spurgeon -- certainly did not see the pope as their brother in Christ. :poly: Within a few centuries, the pope has gone from anti-Christ to 'brother in Christ' for a lot of Protestants."

One evangelical pastor said the disagreement between Protestants and Catholics over religious authority and salvation fades as piety trumps doctrine. Rick Warren was impressed with the humble quality of Francis' ministry and subsequently described him as "our new pope." Luis Palau, whose friendship with Francis reaches back to his years in Argentina, also points to the pope's "personal lifestyle" as a reason why evangelicals hold him in such high regard. Charismatic leaders, including Joel Osteen and Kenneth Copeland, have also enjoyed papal audiences. Timothy George, Dean of Beeson Divinity School, has called the pope "Our Francis, too."

The pope's charismatic spirituality was confirmed when several Catholic and evangelical leaders met to discuss the ministry of Pope Francis. They received a letter from the pope in which he said, "The year 2017 marks the 50th year since the sovereign irruption of the Holy Spirit in the Catholic Church, known today as the Charismatic Renewal, which was birthed ecumenically." The pope invited those who have been born again to celebrate together in St. Peter's Square and to pray for a new Pentecost for the Church and for the world. Read more.

How can he be in Christ if he is Christ? Maybe the evangelicals should see themselves in the pope.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[The Masters Academy International Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "Mike Gendron, Founder and Evangelist at Proclaiming the Gospel, was interviewed at The Masters Academy International Symposium in southern California. He shares the two most important doctrines when witnessing to Roman Catholics. :eek:linger: In this video interview, he also shares the importance of biblical inerrancy when sharing the Gospel with Roman Catholics. :poly: Watch here." Pro-Gospel.org

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
nice going serpentdove

happy thanksgiving to you

:eek:linger: There's no turkey
emote_turkey_by_mirz123.gif
in hell (Jud 11 :burnlib:).

[Remember the Reformation by Mike Gendron] "October 31 marked the 497th anniversary of the spark that ignited the Reformation. Martin Luther sparked the Reformation by nailing 95 Theses on the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany. As I was preparing a message on the life of Martin Luther, my studies led me to another ungodly tradition of the Roman Catholic religion - the veneration of relics, including bone fragments and dead bodies. Among Catholicism's most highly venerated relics are supposed pieces of the Cross of Jesus Christ. There are so many of these pieces scattered throughout the world that, if gathered together, they could be used to build a large ship. The Catholic Encyclopedia admits that the validity of many relics are "doubtful", but fails to admit that all of them are fakes. Based upon the church's dubious assertion of artifact credibility: "many of the more ancient relics duly exhibited for veneration in the great sanctuaries of Christendom or even at Rome itself must now be pronounced to be either certainly spurious or open to grave suspicion."

Venerating relics has not been an option for Catholics. The Council of Trent commanded the veneration of dead bodies and condemned those who did not believe in the authenticity of artifacts designated as relics by the Catholic Church. "The holy bodies of holy martyrs... are to be venerated by the faithful, for through these bodies many benefits are bestowed by God on men." Since it was believed that "many benefits" come through the bones of dead men, the sale of bodies and bones became big business for the Church of Rome! According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, when Pope Boniface IV converted the Pantheon into a church in the 7th century, "twenty-eight cartloads of sacred bones were said to have been removed from the Catacombs and placed in a basin beneath the high altar."

As I learned more about these abominable traditions of Rome, I was moved to a deeper compassion for those who have been deceived by religious deception. Only the truth of God's Word can set them free (John 8:31-32). :poly: Those who know Scripture know that relics have no part in true worship, for "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:24)." Pro-Gospel.org

October 31 marked the 497th anniversary of the spark that ignited the Reformation. Martin Luther sparked the Reformation by nailing 95 Theses on the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany. As I was preparing a message on the life of Martin Luther, my studies led me to another ungodly tradition of the Roman Catholic religion - the veneration of relics, including bone fragments and dead bodies. Among Catholicism's most highly venerated relics are supposed pieces of the Cross of Jesus Christ. There are so many of these pieces scattered throughout the world that, if gathered together, they could be used to build a large ship. The Catholic Encyclopedia admits that the validity of many relics are "doubtful", but fails to admit that all of them are fakes. Based upon the church's dubious assertion of artifact credibility: "many of the more ancient relics duly exhibited for veneration in the great sanctuaries of Christendom or even at Rome itself must now be pronounced to be either certainly spurious or open to grave suspicion."

Venerating relics has not been an option for Catholics. The Council of Trent commanded the veneration of dead bodies and condemned those who did not believe in the authenticity of artifacts designated as relics by the Catholic Church. "The holy bodies of holy martyrs... are to be venerated by the faithful, for through these bodies many benefits are bestowed by God on men." Since it was believed that "many benefits" come through the bones of dead men, the sale of bodies and bones became big business for the Church of Rome! According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, when Pope Boniface IVconverted the Pantheon into a church in the 7th century, "twenty-eight cartloads of sacred bones were said to have been removed from the Catacombs and placed in a basin beneath the high altar."

As I learned more about these abominable traditions of Rome, I was moved to a deeper compassion for those who have been deceived by religious deception. Only the truth of God's Word can set them free (John 8:31-32). Those who know Scripture know that relics have no part in true worship, for "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:24).

October 31 marked the 497th anniversary of the spark that ignited the Reformation. Martin Luther sparked the Reformation by nailing 95 Theses on the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany. As I was preparing a message on the life of Martin Luther, my studies led me to another ungodly tradition of the Roman Catholic religion - the veneration of relics, including bone fragments and dead bodies. Among Catholicism's most highly venerated relics are supposed pieces of the Cross of Jesus Christ. There are so many of these pieces scattered throughout the world that, if gathered together, they could be used to build a large ship. The Catholic Encyclopedia admits that the validity of many relics are "doubtful", but fails to admit that all of them are fakes. Based upon the church's dubious assertion of artifact credibility: "many of the more ancient relics duly exhibited for veneration in the great sanctuaries of Christendom or even at Rome itself must now be pronounced to be either certainly spurious or open to grave suspicion."

Venerating relics has not been an option for Catholics. The Council of Trent commanded the veneration of dead bodies and condemned those who did not believe in the authenticity of artifacts designated as relics by the Catholic Church. "The holy bodies of holy martyrs... are to be venerated by the faithful, for through these bodies many benefits are bestowed by God on men." Since it was believed that "many benefits" come through the bones of dead men, the sale of bodies and bones became big business for the Church of Rome! According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, when Pope Boniface IVconverted the Pantheon into a church in the 7th century, "twenty-eight cartloads of sacred bones were said to have been removed from the Catacombs and placed in a basin beneath the high altar."

As I learned more about these abominable traditions of Rome, I was moved to a deeper compassion for those who have been deceived by religious deception. Only the truth of God's Word can set them free (John 8:31-32). Those who know Scripture know that relics have no part in true worship, for "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:24).

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Mike Gendron] Already answered

:yawn: [Evangelicals Applaud Pope's Visit Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "As Pope Francis :eek:linger: traveled to the United States last month week for a six-day visit, megachurch leaders Rick Warren, T.D. Jakes, Robert Jeffress and Joel Osteen expressed their excitement and support for the papal pomp and circumstance. Pastor Robert Jeffress of First Baptist Church in Dallas said, "I have great respect for Pope Francis. He´s a humble Christ follower. We all can learn from him." Jeffress went on to say, "I have much more in common with my Catholic friends than I do even with liberal Baptist because we are fighting together against a common enemy, the kingdom of darkness." Watch video here.

On Wednesday, T.D. Jakes of The Potter's House posted a photo on social media of himself and his wife at the White House, outlining that he had been invited by Barack Obama to be among the VIP's welcoming Francis to the nation's capital. Read more.

[Mike Gendron Comment] How can Pastor Jeffress say Pope Francis is a "Christ follower" when he denies the words of Christ :poly: and points people to Mary for her protection? How can Jeffress say Catholics are fighting together with him against the kingdom of darkness when the Catholic religion is the kingdom of darkness? We should not be surprised that a recent poll revealed over half of evangelical pastors think the pope is a brother-in-Christ." Pro-Gospel.org

sfontel

For some reason I can not hold my self to compare our time with Israel prophets time and the 2 Kingdoms!.....Evangelicals are south, Catholics are north but both end up in exilo! Hope we can reflect upon! Happy Thanksgiving!

SeraphimsCherub

When I see the Pope, all I see is this~>

Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Rev 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Rev 17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

everready

When I see the Pope, all I see is this~>

Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Rev 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Rev 17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Exactly, but its as Cotton Mather said:

Cotton Mather

(1663-1728) (Congregational Theologian)

"The oracles of God foretold the rising of an Antichrist in the Christian Church; and in the Pope of Rome, all the characteristics of that Antichrist are so marvelously answered that if any who read the Scriptures do not see it, there is a marvelous blindness upon them." Taken from "The Fall of Babylon" by Cotton Mather in Froom's book "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 3, pg. 113.

everready