Egg Nog: Pro or Con

Egg Nog: Pro or Con

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

cattyfan

There are few people I know who are ambivalent about this festive holiday beverage. Where do you stand?

I'm pro egg nog, only if it comes with a shot of brandy or rum and a light dusting of nutmeg.

:cheers:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
There are few peoplpe I know who are ambivalent about this festive holiday beverage. Where do you stand?

I'm pro egg nog, only if it comes with a shot of brandy or rum and a light dusting on nutmeg.

Pro! Very Pro! There should be a law making it available year round!

Eowyn

Proverbs 4:11-13
LIFETIME MEMBER
I love it but only if it's the good, expensive kind from the dairy! That stuff you buy at the store in the 1/2 gallon milk-like containers... wretched :vomit: Oh, and it has to be super cold :cheers:

johana

Ahh... I see I'm the only one who hasn't tried it. Fab.

I have heard of it, but you didn't have an option for "seen it on TV". ;)

What's actually in it?

C

cattyfan

Ahh... I see I'm the only one who hasn't tried it. Fab.

I have heard of it, but you didn't have an option for "seen it on TV". ;)

What's actually in it?

Egg Nog is a sweetened dairy-based beverage made with milk, cream, sugar, and beaten eggs.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm pro-nog. I love homemade nog.

Fake nog that's made from high-fructose corn syrup, guar gum, various ingredients that are hard to pronounce, and "egg base", is an abomination. I think many people think they are anti-nog because this is the only nog they know.

If it's called "holiday nog," it's not egg nog. If it's called "egg nog," it's still probably not egg nog if you're getting it from a grocery store. Read the ingredients.

Good nog has eggs, cream, milk, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. And booze, if you like. No weird stuff.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Summer before last, my daughter and I had a craving for egg nog. We searched on line and found a few recipes for it. Its not that hard to make, we had a good time making it and it tasted pretty good too. Ice cold egg nog on a hot sunny June afternoon was a special treat!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are few people I know who are ambivalent about this festive holiday beverage. Where do you stand?

I'm pro egg nog, only if it comes with a shot of brandy or rum and a light dusting of nutmeg.

We love egg nog here. I've never had the alcoholic version (I developed quite a taste for egg nog when I was pregnant.). But, one dairy here makes egg nog that tastes like it has rum in it. I love that stuff!

Mr. 5020

Fake nog that's made from high-fructose corn syrup, guar gum, various ingredients that are hard to pronounce, and "egg base", is an abomination. I think many people think they are anti-nog because this is the only nog they know.

If it's called "holiday nog," it's not egg nog. If it's called "egg nog," it's still probably not egg nog if you're getting it from a grocery store. Read the ingredients.

Good nog has eggs, cream, milk, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. And booze, if you like. No weird stuff.

I like egg nog better now that my wife taught me that I should mix it with some milk.
:think:

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned

eggs, cream, milk...

:vomit:

Newman

I am one of those few ambivalent people, it seems.

I have only had egg nog once, though. Maybe if I had more, I could take a stronger stand on the issue.