Educated Scholars:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

I have never said that education is or was evil; just that carnal education has no part in the spiritual arena. If any uneducated fool has read my Threads, they would find that I refer to education in the public school system at any level is the same as good works. Neither has any part in the salvation of Christ. However, I do feel that the very uneducated in the salvation of Christ, will and do blaspheme the idea of any anti-school in any form. – Education is absolutely necessary in the advancement of any carnal knowledge. Carnal life cannot exist without the advancement of all forms of education in the sciences. Just that that education and the works thereof have no place in the spiritual world. – Only the advancement of spiritual knowledge will and does advance the edification of the Church. --- Ephesians 4:11-12 KJV – “He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12- FOR THE PERFECTING OF THE SAINTS, FOR THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY, FOR THE EDIFYING of the body of Christ”; not Scholars and Professors and the like. - However, the scholars, professors, doctors, and scientists have their place in the world of earthly knowledge, BUT NOT IN THE CHURCH! - They cannot edify the Church in spiritual matters, but I suppose they will pump up those of the same false notions of religion according to the sciences. - They cannot receive the things of the spirit, but only the things of the world. – Prove me wrong SCHOLARS!

God said, - 2 Corinthians 11:6 KJV --- Ephesians 1:17 KJV --- Ephesians 3:4 KJV --- Colossians 1:9-10 KJV --- Colossians 2:3 KJV --- 2 Timothy 3:7 KJV –

If you mingle your earthy knowledge with the knowledge gained from the Word of God, you profit nothing in your salvation. God’s knowledge cannot be combined with the earthy. That is the whole idea of salvation, dividing the earthy FROM the spiritual, the sheep from the goats, and the children of light from the children of darkness. – The verse, - 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV -- The division is between the carnal and the spiritual. --- 1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV –

Paul – 111810

Deepskyy

Understanding the rationale behind the scriptures composition, the history, the time, the place, and the actual type of people who not only composed but also worshiped the scriptures adds a great deal of depth and understanding for those of us who seek wisdom and aren't inclined to follow blindly. Blind faith has been the cause of countless atrocities throughout the history of Christendom. It is the seeking of knowledge that prevents the mistakes of the past from being repeated.

Letsargue

Understanding the rationale behind the scriptures composition, the history, the time, the place, and the actual type of people who not only composed but also worshiped the scriptures adds a great deal of depth and understanding for those of us who seek wisdom and aren't inclined to follow blindly. Blind faith has been the cause of countless atrocities throughout the history of Christendom. It is the seeking of knowledge that prevents the mistakes of the past from being repeated.

You just destroyed the MEANING of the "Word of God" / what God SAID. -- It's what God said that counts and cannot be contradicted; not what you want to think of anything else.

JUST GOD SAID, or God did not say. - Who is involved in the things God has not said?

Paul -- 112110

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have never said that education is or was evil; just that carnal education has no part in the spiritual arena.
Like suggesting sight has no part though, isn't it? You are who and what you bring to the table is a part of that.

If any uneducated fool has read my Threads, they would find that I refer to education in the public school system at any level is the same as good works.
Okay. I think education is a good thing as well.

Neither has any part in the salvation of Christ. However, I do feel that the very uneducated in the salvation of Christ, will and do blaspheme the idea of any anti-school in any form. – Education is absolutely necessary in the advancement of any carnal knowledge.
It's fairly fundamental to reading the Bible...since you can't actually do that without a sufficient education.

Carnal life cannot exist without the advancement of all forms of education in the sciences. Just that that education and the works thereof have no place in the spiritual world. – Only the advancement of spiritual knowledge will and does advance the edification of the Church.
--- Ephesians 4:11-12 KJV – “He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12- FOR THE PERFECTING OF THE SAINTS, FOR THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY, FOR THE EDIFYING of the body of Christ”;
Right. He gave some greater ability at particular things. And among the abilities that distinguish us is the quality and clarity of our thoughts, of our ability to relate them to others meaningfully and intelligibly. That's a real gift, further developed by training.

If you mingle your earthy knowledge with the knowledge gained from the Word of God, you profit nothing in your salvation.
Well, no. No I don't. And I've always held that the salvific is straight forward and comprehensible to any man.

God’s knowledge cannot be combined with the earthy.
:think: Combined with the earthy? I think the carnal mind differs principally in terms of context. The carnal man attempts to reconcile the ways of God to his understanding and in this foolishness finds only more foolishness. The spiritual man reconciles his understanding to the will of God and has a context within which the scripture is illuminated and brought meaningfully to bear.

Letsargue

Like suggesting sight has no part though, isn't it? You are who and what you bring to the table is a part of that.

Okay. I think education is a good thing as well.

It's fairly fundamental to reading the Bible...since you can't actually do that without a sufficient education.

Right. He gave some greater ability at particular things. And among the abilities that distinguish us is the quality and clarity of our thoughts, of our ability to relate them to others meaningfully and intelligibly. That's a real gift, further developed by training.

Well, no. No I don't. And I've always held that the salvific is straight forward and comprehensible to any man.

:think: Combined with the earthy? I think the carnal mind differs principally in terms of context. The carnal man attempts to reconcile the ways of God to his understanding and in this foolishness finds only more foolishness. The spiritual man reconciles his understanding to the will of God and has a context within which the scripture is illuminated and brought meaningfully to bear.

There is no earthly knowledge that is of ANY value toward the Salvation of Christ, “NONE”.

The Church, or Teachers of the Church, teaches anyone who cannot READ!

Your world is dominated by the people and the doctrines of the educated scholars and the like. – In others words, - the Scholars and the like / the “ELITE” have dominion over YOU, and they will “SUBDUE”, - but not the Church. – ( Look up “subdue” in Genesis ). . -- It’s not your smart VOTE that controls that world. -- It or they / the “ELITE” cannot control the New Earth / the Church / the Body of Christ / the Kingdom of Heaven.

Paul – 112110

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There is no earthly knowledge that is of ANY value toward the Salvation of Christ, “NONE”.
Reading and writing are earthly knowledge. Stop being goofy.

And what do they use again? Language. And that, my friend, is just that printed word pulled off the page. :poly:

Your world is dominated by the people and the doctrines of the educated scholars and the like.
No, everyone's world is...from people who utilize the protections of the Constitution to anyone who buys or sells anything.

– In others words, - the Scholars and the like / the “ELITE” have dominion over YOU,
I get that you have self image issues, but you're being silly.

and they will “SUBDUE”, - but not the Church. – ( Look up “subdue” in Genesis ).
Look up? Read? You're remarkably inconsistent. That reading stuff has nothing to do with it, eh...:plain:

. -- It’s not your smart VOTE that controls that world.
Then aren't I fortunate to not have advanced that argument. :squint: Anything else I didn't say that you want to score points with?

-- It or they / the “ELITE” cannot control the New Earth / the Church / the Body of Christ / the Kingdom of Heaven.
Napoleonic complex? :idunno:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Your world is dominated by the people and the doctrines of the educated scholars and the like. – In others words, - the Scholars and the like / the “ELITE” have dominion over YOU, and they will “SUBDUE”, - but not the Church. – ( Look up “subdue” in Genesis ). . -- It’s not your smart VOTE that controls that world. -- It or they / the “ELITE” cannot control the New Earth / the Church / the Body of Christ / the Kingdom of Heaven.

Paul – 112110

Not if he is one of the ELITE

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only the advancement of spiritual knowledge will and does advance the edification of the Church. --- Ephesians 4:11-12 KJV – “He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12- FOR THE PERFECTING OF THE SAINTS, FOR THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY, FOR THE EDIFYING of the body of Christ”; not Scholars and Professors and the like.
Wherever truth is discovered, God's truth is, for all truth is God's truth.

Who teaches these pastors and teachers? Those appointed to teach under the auspices of the church. Should teachers of future pastors and teachers be located at the church building only? Why, no. Can not the church look to another facility to handle this work and shepherd it? Why, yes. Those facilities are bible colleges and seminaries, staffed by those who have been taught by others in the same tradition. Some of these facilities are located next door to the church chapel, some are in other locations, but are no less connected to the church.

You seem to think the words 'scholar' and 'professor' to be negatives, but they are simply words that describe one's abilities or responsibilities to the flock when applied in the context of a seminary. I don't think you fully understand how good seminaries and bible colleges operate, nor how they are governed. These institutions do not operate independently of church oversight nor are their staff independent of their church's order and discipline.

You owe the very knowledge behind your ability to write the words you write to such persons. Were it not for Godly men who had been trained by 'scholars' and 'professors', you would not have that bible in your hands today. Instead you would still be sitting in the pews having it read to you.

It is an odd man who will consider what the Spirit has illuminated to himself, yet will not take the time to consider what the Spirit may have illuminated to another. No man is the sole recipient of all God's truth. That you seem to resist being taught anything by 'scholars' and 'professors' of Scripture, which, as noted above, are but labels describing these men's capabilities and responsibilities, is troublesome.

AMR

Letsargue

Wherever truth is discovered, God's truth is, for all truth is God's truth.

Who teaches these pastors and teachers? Those appointed to teach under the auspices of the church. Should teachers of future pastors and teachers be located at the church building only? Why, no. Can not the church look to another facility to handle this work and shepherd it? Why, yes. Those facilities are bible colleges and seminaries, staffed by those who have been taught by others in the same tradition. Some of these facilities are located next door to the church chapel, some are in other locations, but are no less connected to the church.

You seem to think the words 'scholar' and 'professor' to be negatives, but they are simply words that describe one's abilities or responsibilities to the flock when applied in the context of a seminary. I don't think you fully understand how good seminaries and bible colleges operate, nor how they are governed. These institutions do not operate independently of church oversight nor are their staff independent of their church's order and discipline.

You owe the very knowledge behind your ability to write the words you write to such persons. Were it not for Godly men who had been trained by 'scholars' and 'professors', you would not have that bible in your hands today. Instead you would still be sitting in the pews having it read to you.

It is an odd man who will consider what the Spirit has illuminated to himself, yet will not take the time to consider what the Spirit may have illuminated to another. No man is the sole recipient of all God's truth. That you seem to resist being taught anything by 'scholars' and 'professors' of Scripture, which, as noted above, are but labels describing these men's capabilities and responsibilities, is troublesome.

AMR

You are among the most unlearned fools that change everything that is said to fit your foolish philosophy! – I was taught YOUR EARTHLY STUFF while I was a child or in a “LOST STATE”, --- “you self-indulging “SCHOLARLY” know-it-all”. - You must have learned your crap from some school or seminary while in your false christian STATE.

For your foolish information, the GOSPEL is the “POWER” OF SALVATION, not some garbage taught by some other Scholar. – The Power / Gospel comes from GOD “TO” the CHURCH, not to the school. --- ( Prove me wrong with Scriptures, “SCHOLAR” ). – God said to the Disciples / Church, “GO preach the Gospel”. – GOD did not say to any type of a SCHOOL or scholar, GO PREACH THE Gospel. -- It is to the CHRISTIANS to teach; - not the place of the Professors and scholars, or any LOST PERSON to teach / preach the Gospel.

Where is that “argument” that you backpedaled from?

SHALL I START A NEW THREAD FOR US TO START, -- OR ARE YOU GOING TO STICK YOUR HEAD BACK IN THE DIRT AND HIDE AGAIN?

Paul – 112210

Deepskyy

You are among the most unlearned fools that change everything that is said to fit your foolish philosophy! – I was taught YOUR EARTHLY STUFF while I was a child or in a “LOST STATE”, --- “you self-indulging “SCHOLARLY” know-it-all”. - You must have learned your crap from some school or seminary while in your false christian STATE.

For your foolish information, the GOSPEL is the “POWER” OF SALVATION, not some garbage taught by some other Scholar. – The Power / Gospel comes from GOD “TO” the CHURCH, not to the school. --- ( Prove me wrong with Scriptures, “SCHOLAR” ). – God said to the Disciples / Church, “GO preach the Gospel”. – GOD did not say to any type of a SCHOOL or scholar, GO PREACH THE Gospel. -- It is to the CHRISTIANS to teach; - not the place of the Professors and scholars, or any LOST PERSON to teach / preach the Gospel.

SHALL I START A NEW THREAD FOR US TO START, -- OR ARE YOU GOING TO STICK YOUR HEAD BACK IN THE DIRT AND HIDE AGAIN?

Paul – 112210
Hide from what? Even if someone sits around and just studies the cannonized Bible, ignoring the other scriptures that were left out over the first few centuries while the Bible as we know it was being formed, the very thought processes that a person utilizes are influenced by the other things they have learned throughout their lives. This is just a fact of life. Individuals will interpret the scriptures differently unless they just blindly follow what another person has told them. Even then, the person they are blindly (and foolishly in my opinion) following has been influenced by outside sources. Sorry, but you cannot get around human nature no matter how hard you try.

And if you are seriously advocating that people rely on the Church and its institutions for basic educational needs such as reading and writing then you are more disturbed than I thought because that is the last thing we need is a return to the dark ages with a bunch of ignorant and illiterate hyperfundamentalists running around.

Deepskyy

And the Bible says go out and preach the gospel, (Good news of Christ's life, sacrifice, death and subsequent resurection) it does not say "Go forth and make a loudmouth twit of yourself by lambasting others and the knowledge they have worked so hard to attain."

You might be suprised to find that even in secular Universities that teach Religious Studies classes how the Gospel is treated. At no point in the 10 years I have been at this have I ever encountered a single moment in a class where the Gospel story was discounted. I do have the luxury of living in the South, but the Bible Belt aside, scholars do not make their living by going out of their way to question the validity of any belief system... that seems to be reserved to people like you.

Letsargue

And the Bible says go out and preach the gospel, (Good news of Christ's life, sacrifice, death and subsequent resurection) it does not say "Go forth and make a loudmouth twit of yourself by lambasting others and the knowledge they have worked so hard to attain."

You might be suprised to find that even in secular Universities that teach Religious Studies classes how the Gospel is treated. At no point in the 10 years I have been at this have I ever encountered a single moment in a class where the Gospel story was discounted. I do have the luxury of living in the South, but the Bible Belt aside, scholars do not make their living by going out of their way to question the validity of any belief system... that seems to be reserved to people like you.

Is the Lord’s resurrection just the “SUBSEQUENT” event to you, and that the Lord’s “DEATH” is the joyful “good news” to you guys?
On Pentecost, they were “pricked” in their hearts, meaning that they were greatly sorrowful; not jumping up and down with joy of your good news.

To me, it’s the resurrection that was the good news after the terrible murder that was committed upon my Lord.

But cheers to you and yours, and your great happiness at the death of Christ, and the something come later; ---------- his resurrection.

Great knowledge through schooling you-all. - I learned my knowledge through the Scriptures and the Church.

Paul – 112210

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You [AMR] are among the most unlearned fools that change everything that is said to fit your foolish philosophy!
Absurd. His acumen is established by more than self aggrandizing declaration, unlike your own. So far as I can make you out, you appear to be a puffed up, rude blow-hard who can't distinguish an attempt to help you from a fist shaken at you.

– I was taught YOUR EARTHLY STUFF while I was a child or in a “LOST STATE”, --- “you self-indulging “SCHOLARLY” know-it-all”.
No, you weren't. Your writing style speaks to it, as does your inability to respond to cogent, reasoned and scripturally sound instruction. You don't appear to understand him, and you're apparently too self invested to care, preferring to heap scorn on the thing that infuriates and frustrates you.

- You must have learned your crap from some school or seminary while in your false christian STATE.
:think: Still trying to determine if this sort of comment evidences mostly envy or if its simply ignorance coupled with enormous ego.

For your foolish information,
That actually means you're about to offer foolishness, you know...:plain:

You either don't or can't understand him. Go to school. Raise your reading comprehension. You're embarrassing yourself, grasp it or not. It's like your screed response to my reading remark. Remember? The one where I had to inform you that language was of the same timber? Good grief man.

There are worse places to leave your head. Take your habit, for example. :plain: :shut:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God said to the Disciples / Church, “GO preach the Gospel”. – GOD did not say to any type of a SCHOOL or scholar, GO PREACH THE Gospel. -- It is to the CHRISTIANS to teach; - not the place of the Professors and scholars, or any LOST PERSON to teach / preach the Gospel.
Indeed, God the Son gave these commandment to these commissioned men. Note that before doing so he taught them for three years, expounding the truths of Scripture. Our Lord never gave this commandment to the untaught. Our Lord is the ultimate Christian "scholar" and "professor" that you wail against. Revel in your false piety and prideful arrogance, but know that you do so at your own peril.

You do know that all caps is the internet equivalent of shouting, no? I can read what you write without the accompanying virtual histrionics. Try using underline, italics, or boldface for emphasis of your points. All caps shouting is reserved for the choleric. That said...oh, never mind.

By all means, start all the threads you want. Lord willing, I will still be around. :squint:

AMR

Letsargue

Absurd. His acumen is established by more than self aggrandizing declaration, unlike your own. So far as I can make you out, you appear to be a puffed up, rude blow-hard who can't distinguish an attempt to help you from a fist shaken at you.

No, you weren't. Your writing style speaks to it, as does your inability to respond to cogent, reasoned and scripturally sound instruction. You don't appear to understand him, and you're apparently too self invested to care, preferring to heap scorn on the thing that infuriates and frustrates you.

:think: Still trying to determine if this sort of comment evidences mostly envy or if its simply ignorance coupled with enormous ego.

That actually means you're about to offer foolishness, you know...:plain:

You either don't or can't understand him. Go to school. Raise your reading comprehension. You're embarrassing yourself, grasp it or not. It's like your screed response to my reading remark. Remember? The one where I had to inform you that language was of the same timber? Good grief man.

There are worse places to leave your head. Take your habit, for example. :plain: :shut:

I use caps. for emphasis, - and it is not a "HABIT", wise guy.

Paul – 112410

Status
Not open for further replies.