dumb lib laws that violate Command: "Love your neighbor"

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...d-under-fort-lauderdale-strict-rules-against/

Wow, this is amazing: a 90 yr old man who feeds the homeless in public is in violation of a stupid law that says you can't feed people in public!

Now what CONSERVATIVE would write such a law?

So much for freedom in America, Folks...

This man truly loves Jesus. Keep him in your prayers

+++

The issue there isnt feeding the homeless, its because the charity doing it isnt also supplying a port a potty. Their ordinance includes that. They are suppose to do it in a location with bathroom facilities inside or if outside provide a portable toilet, and this charity isnt providing that.

They arent being sanctioned for feeding the homeless.

From your article:
The regulations enacted in Fort Lauderdale state that no two indoor feeding sites can be within 500 feet of one another or on the same block; outdoor feeding programs require a permit or permission of the property owner and must provide portable toilets; and outdoor stations cannot be within 500 feet of residential properties.

The toilet issue is the problem here.

Caledvwlch

you libs are always plagarizing

Brainless generalization.

But of course, u are not interested in that kind of hting. you only want to sling mud @ the Rs

See above.

Clinton used to plagarize Kennedy's look and movements... yeh, he should be sued for that, dontcha think?

That's not plagiarism (now if he had started dropping his "r's" we migh have something here).

Of course, on the other hand, there are liberals who have been caught plagiarizing. MLK, for one. I'm not now, nor have I previously, denied that liberals do it too. I'm just picking on "recent conservative heartthrob" Ben Carson, because his indiscretions with other people's words are more recent, and because you brought him up in this thread for some reason.

Christian Liberty

lol!

I thought Ben Carson was better than most for awhile, despite his weak stance on gun rights. But when I saw that he endorses torture, I lost my respect. Torture is evil. This is like Christian ethics 101.

The issue there isnt feeding the homeless, its because the charity doing it isnt also supplying a port a potty. Their ordinance includes that. They are suppose to do it in a location with bathroom facilities inside or if outside provide a portable toilet, and this charity isnt providing that.

They arent being sanctioned for feeding the homeless.

From your article:

The toilet issue is the problem here.

So why can't you feed the homeless without providing a toilet?

lol @ "right-wing" leftists defending liberal ideals...
I wonder if they are Scottish? :plain:

I was thinking no true scotsman as well.

republicanchick

I think the issue is too many "ordinances" regulations, RULES

that are DUMB

oh, like people can't figure out where to go to the bathroom?

like... what? homelss are so clueless and retarded they don't know they should use a rest room?

how utterly insulting to the poor...

again, stupid laws made by libs who claim to care about the poor but are FAR far from that...

hypocrite city...

++

republicanchick

lol!

I thought Ben Carson was better than most for awhile, despite his weak stance on gun rights. But when I saw that he endorses torture, I lost my respect. Torture is evil. This is like Christian ethics 101.

so you drank the koolaid provided by the brainwashers who say what happens at Gitmo is "torture"??

geeze....

give me a break:bang:

Caledvwlch

I think the issue is too many "ordinances" regulations, RULES

that are DUMB

oh, like people can't figure out where to go to the bathroom?

like... what? homelss are so clueless and retarded they don't know they should use a rest room?

how utterly insulting to the poor...

again, stupid laws made by libs who claim to care about the poor but are FAR far from that...

hypocrite city...

++

Are you ever going to get around to explaining how this is a "liberal" ordinance, and why that even matters? I tend to think that the more a person behaves in a "liberal" or a "conservative" fashion in local politics, the less effective they are at the business of local government. The left-right thing barely makes sense on a national level, it's virtually useless as a measurement at the local level.

Christian Liberty

So, does anyone here disagree that this law is a violation of the Biblical command to love your neighbor as yourself? Or is the disagreement solely whether its a "lib" law.

If its the latter, I'll be pleased to see that everyone here has common sense on this issue.

republicanchick

Are you ever going to get around to explaining how this is a "liberal" ordinance, and why that even matters? I tend to think that the more a person behaves in a "liberal" or a "conservative" fashion in local politics, the less effective they are at the business of local government. The left-right thing barely makes sense on a national level, it's virtually useless as a measurement at the local level.

well... whatever

republicanchick

So, does anyone here disagree that this law is a violation of the Biblical command to love your neighbor as yourself? Or is the disagreement solely whether its a "lib" law.

If its the latter, I'll be pleased to see that everyone here has common sense on this issue.

its dumb and unbiblical

and liberal

and strangely even liberals dislike being called Liberal... all the more reason to call them that, eh?:eek:

republicanchick

Yeah, the thing is you're liberal to, at least from where I'm standing. I don't think "Government" should even exist.

ha ha... how UTTERLY and completely HYPOCRITICAL

ironic... whatever

total anarchy is the ultimate liberalism

geez...

I guess we should not have police officers... or maintain bridges and road...