Dukes of Hazzard Dropped by TV Land

john w

Hall of Fame
Next up....What about banning the sign on many "7 Eleven's," which has, "Oh thank heaven, for 7 Eleven!"?

Oh+Thank+Heaven+7+11.jpg

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
TV Land has dropped the "Dukes of Hazzard" because the General Lee has the Confederate battle flag on its rooftop. I loved this show as a kid, watched every Friday night.

What does the Confederate battle flag represent?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Arthur Brain

Yeah... where ever will we be without this stupid tv sitcom from the 70s.

Not really the point. I was never a big fan of the show when it used to be regularly rerun in the UK (boy, do I feel old) but at least axe something for being crap as oppose to some PC 'outrage'...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sigh. Political correctness at it's finest.

This had better not happen to the sitcom with the most lovable dad of all times:

Archie Bunker.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You've got to be kidding me.

If anything, you would think Liberals would love the Dukes of Hazzard.

It portrayed the cops (Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane & Deputy Sheriff Enos Strate) as bumbling idiots.

That's what Liberals like, they don't like cops.

What other TV show made the cops look like idiots more than the Dukes of Hazzard?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
This had better not happen to the sitcom with the most lovable dad of all times:

Archie Bunker.

Why would it? All in the Family was created by Hollywood liberals and Archie Bunker, although a lovable character, was also made to make conservatives look bigoted and ignorant.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why would it? All in the Family was created by Hollywood liberals and Archie Bunker, although a lovable character, was also made to make conservatives look bigoted and ignorant.

:chuckle: It was a joke. I grew up watching shows such as Archie Bunker.

Personally, I think it's silly, but whatever floats their boat. Should I wish to watch shows that certain networks drop, I will either buy them OR view them on our Roku.

The only thing this changes is that I have lost respect for the network.