Dukes of Hazzard Dropped by TV Land

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey steko,

You live in Tennessee right?

Why did Tennessee University choose orange as their color?

ANSWER: The people who live in Tennessee can go to the football games on Saturday, go hunting on Sunday, and do their required community service work for probation on Monday without ever changing their orange outfits. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey steko,

ANSWER: The people who live in Tennessee can go to the football games on Saturday, go hunting on Sunday, and do their required community service work for probation on Monday without ever changing their orange outfits. :chuckle:
Quit being so insensitive to Steko. He goes to jail every Sunday evening.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hey steko,

:chuckle: No, I hadn't. Now for my father-in-law.

john w

Hall of Fame
Like Big Barn, I though Ange and Sheila was one of the great natural romances of all time. But, she wanted to be big fish in a big pond, whilst Ange was content to be a big fish in a small pond.

I'm surprised at you, Mayor. It was Karen, not Sheila. Am I getting through to you, fella?

Foxfire

Don't make me laugh.

The flag in your post was the first flag the Confederacy came up with. However, it caused too much confusion during battles because it looked too much like the Stars and Stripes the North used.

So, the Confederacy came up with the following flag next. They took the battle flag of Virginia (Bars & Stars) and placed it in the upper left corner of a white flag:

315px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281863-1865%29.svg.png

This flag didn't work for the Confederacy either because when there was no wind, it looked too much like a plain white flag (universal sign of surrender)

So, next the Confederacy added a red stripe at the end. Their final flag:

237px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281865%29.svg.png

The reason I say don't make me laugh is because it took the South three attempts to come up with a flag. Their first one looked too much like the North's, and their second flag looked too much like a surrender flag. That doesn't exactly make the South look too bright when it comes to flag design.

The second and third flags were designed by the White Supremacist William T. Thompson.

Thompson said the following about the flags he designed for the Confederacy:

"As a people we are fighting to maintain the heavenly ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause. Such a flag would be a suitable emblem of our young confederacy, and sustained by the brave hearts and strong arms of the south, it would soon take rank among the proudest ensigns of the nations, and be hailed by the civilized world as THE WHITE MAN’S FLAG.”

So, as we see, the designer of the flag himself was a racial bigot, and he made it clear what the Confederate Flag stood for.

The final and most historically significant Confederate flag.

iu

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey steko,

There you go with your broad brush again.