Doug McBurney protesting for Terri

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:
So his own agenda is more important than what the Schindlers want and are asking for.

Nice attitude.
Yes...

More could be said but it's fellowship week.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yorzhik said:
Yes...

More could be said but it's fellowship week.

Personally I'm disinterested in this fellowship week BS, as I don't really "fellowship" with anybody here. (Those I do kinda fellowship with are the outcasts, as it were, so we're already "fellows." Oddfellows, anyway.) If a cat has your tongue, get rid of the **** in boots and say what's on your mind.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dread Helm said:
Good. I'm glad you are pro life.

They are trying to bring attention to this woman's torturous death by Judicial Decree.

Oh. Well have very, patronizingly generous of you.:rolleyes:

How much more attention does this tragedy really need? For crying out loud, Dread, it's frontpage and has been that way for a very long time. The last thing it needs is attention. The story has gotten overhyped, people are saturated with it.

Disregarding the Schindler's wishes just shows that these protestors and loud mouths care about their agenda, not about Terri's parents. They will accomplish nothing but make themselves look like the attention-grabbing windbags they already are, and are upsetting Terri's parents even more than they were before (if possible). These idiots with signs getting arrested are red meat, that's it. Sops. And Terri's parents realize they are doing no good whatsoever. They've asked the crowd to simmer down. The crowd refuses to.

That, my friend, means the lunatics are running the asylum.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
granite1010 said:
Oh. Well have very, patronizingly generous of you.:rolleyes:

How much more attention does this tragedy really need? For crying out loud, Dread, it's frontpage and has been that way for a very long time. The last thing it needs is attention. The story has gotten overhyped, people are saturated with it.

Disregarding the Schindler's wishes just shows that these protestors and loud mouths care about their agenda, not about Terri's parents. They will accomplish nothing but make themselves look like the attention-grabbing windbags they already are, and are upsetting Terri's parents even more than they were before (if possible). These idiots with signs getting arrested are red meat, that's it. Sops. And Terri's parents realize they are doing no good whatsoever. They've asked the crowd to simmer down. The crowd refuses to.

It is obvious that you do not care about Terri, but are you saying that YOU care about Terri's parents?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
It is obvious that you do not care about Terri, but are you saying that YOU care about Terri's parents?

Shimei, I am not going to repeat myself here regarding what I think should happen with Terri. (Fine, I'll break down; for the umpteenth time her parents should take over her care.)

This disregard for the Schindler's pleas to chill out just shows the most important thing to Randall Terry and Company is getting fifteen minutes. That's pretty callous, and pretty selfish.

wholearmor

Originally Posted by Zakath

I am also of the opinion that if McBurney didn't have a chance of getting on camera, he probably wouldn't be there.

WA:
If this situation had not been unfolding on camera, Doug McBurney wouldn't have even known about it. I'm pretty sure he wasn't sitting in a director's chair telling the camera operators who to shoot and when.

wholearmor

granite1010 said:
Shimei, I am not going to repeat myself here regarding what I think should happen with Terri. (Fine, I'll break down; for the umpteenth time her parents should take over her care.)

This disregard for the Schindler's pleas to chill out just shows the most important thing to Randall Terry and Company is getting fifteen minutes. That's pretty callous, and pretty selfish.

The Schindler's not doing more to save their daughter is pretty callous and pretty selfish.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
wholearmor said:
Originally Posted by Zakath

I am also of the opinion that if McBurney didn't have a chance of getting on camera, he probably wouldn't be there.

WA:
If this situation had not been unfolding on camera, Doug McBurney wouldn't have even known about it. I'm pretty sure he wasn't sitting in a director's chair telling the camera operators who to shoot and when.
IMO, McBurney's just another media hound, chasing publicity. From what I have seen and read there were quite a number of people who quietly demonstrated at the site and didn't mug for the cameras.

JoyfulRook

granite1010 said:
How much more attention does this tragedy really need?
Enough attention so that Terri is no longer in danger.

Disregarding the Schindler's wishes just shows that these protestors and loud mouths care about their agenda, not about Terri's parents.
They care about Terri more than they care for her parents. To my knowledge her parents and siblings are not being slowly murdered.

They will accomplish nothing but make themselves look like the attention-grabbing windbags they already are, and are upsetting Terri's parents even more than they were before (if possible).
I'm sorry her parents are upset but if 300 protestors with dixie cups would have rushed the building, maybe someone could have made a difference. Again, Randall Terry, Doug, and Karl, are not trying to bring attention to themselves, they are trying to bring attention to this poor woman gruesome plight.

That, my friend, means the lunatics are running the asylum.
First, I'm not your friend. I'm just some guy you debate on the internet with. Second, You are right: Lunatics are running the Hospice (which is what you meant to say :rolleyes: )

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Dread Helm said:
First, I'm not your friend. I'm just some guy you debate on the internet with....
It is a commonly used figure of speech. I'm sure he was merely trying to get into the spirit of "Fellowship Week". :chuckle:

JoyfulRook

Zakath said:
IMO, McBurney's just another media hound, chasing publicity. From what I have seen and read there were quite a number of people who quietly demonstrated at the site and didn't mug for the cameras.
As I and Shimei have already stated from personal experience, Doug did not do it for the camera. He brought 300 dixie cups and gallons of water for all the protestors to try to take Terri. Doug got arrested for trying to take her water like other before him, and the cameras took pictures of him. It was a good thing he got attention.

wholearmor

Zakath said:

I really don't think that's truly your opinion. You just don't like Doug McBurney from afar. He wasn't mugging for the cameras in the true sense of the word. He agreed with his daughter that someone should give Terri water and he went down there to do just that. Nothing more, nothing less.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Dread Helm said:
As I and Shimei have already stated from personal experience, Doug did not do it for the camera.
In your opinion...

He brought 300 dixie cups and gallons of water for all the protestors to try to take Terri.
How nice of him.
Doug got arrested for trying to take her water like other before him, and the cameras took pictures of him
So he watched someone else get arrested on camera, and then jumped at the opportunity for a bit of national media coverage... sounds just like what I was saying, doesn't it?

It was a good thing he got attention.
Why was it a good thing that he got attention rather than Terri Schaivo or the Shindlers?

Flipper

Yeah, this whole mess could have just been avoided using the Enyart Criterion by not interfering with the natural processes of death when she was arresting on her kitchen floor.

I will be very interested to learn the results of the autopsy.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Flipper said:
Yeah, this whole mess could have just been avoided using the Enyart Criterion by not interfering with the natural processes of death when she was arresting on her kitchen floor.
The "Enyart Criterion"?

Isn't that interesting... where did that one come from? :think:

I will be very interested to learn the results of the autopsy.
Ditto. :thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
wholearmor said:
The Schindler's not doing more to save their daughter is pretty callous and pretty selfish.

They have done everything they can possibly do. Short of kidnapping her and hiring a few round the clock nurses there's nothing else to be done. (I'm answering this on the off-chance that this post wasn't steeped in sarcasm; you can never tell.)

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zak wrote:
Why was it a good thing that he got attention rather than Terri Schaivo or the Shindlers?
Because Terri is being murdered, and nothing so far has stopped her murder. Obviously, the attention Terri is getting isn't the right kind, so how do we change the attention that Terri is getting without bring attention to ourselves? If it could be done, we would do it. But it cannot, so it is good that someone was able to.

Wouldn't you bring attention to yourself to stop Terri's murder?