Doorknob Bowie: Political Faggot Dead from Cancer - or maybe AIDS

Nazaroo

Most serious music critics will disagree with you
. Even some who aren't particularly fond of it.

Most music critics are openly homosexuals, i.e., <5% of the population.

you know that critics aren't actually musicians but rather a strange urban parasite, right?

Complete nonsense. Are you a musician? Did you ever play any of his stuff?

Enough of a musician to recognize most of the riffs, chord progressions and lame 4/4 2/4 beats
that have been beaten to death by all such phoney posers.

Can you name any original music by David Bowie?

We'll analyze it together. I think at least two of Bowie's ripoffs are here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I

See, that just tells me you can't separate your personal feelings about outside factors from a consideration of the music itself. But that's okay. Music is a big tent.

Which is precisely what a moral and ethical being should do.
Not compartmentalize and then excuse hard-core criminals because they are cute,
charming, good talkers/salesmen, or hypnotists.

You don't have to worship or fawn or even agree with Bowie to appreciate his talent. Well, you shouldn't.

I'm still waiting for you to explain exactly what you think his talent actually was.
It wasn't composing music. Most of that was contributed by his band musicians,
whom he made a lot of money off of but didn't pay too well.

When did you decide that our discretionary income should be given to the state?

When God commanded tithing to support priests and a governmental infrastructure
that followed God's commandments.

Meanwhile, enjoy this self-admission that he was essentially an out of control,
demon-possessed fool during the height of his fame and career;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOWE3W9Lgbo

Granite

Hall of Fame
The fact that he was happily married when he died and openly regretted his drug use doesn't seem to occur t--

Ah God, what am I doing.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The fact that he was happily married when he died and openly regretted his drug use doesn't seem to occur t--

Ah God, what am I doing.

With you being a long time defender of sodomy, you're now sounding like one of those homophobic Christian bigots. Since when does marriage (to a woman even) trump the happy carefree LGBTQueer lifestyle?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Just for fun.

Hey, Naz. What do you consider good, worthy, timeless, quality, talented entertainment?

zoo22

Ah God, what am I doing.

Yeah. Exactly.

Lately I've found I'm posting just to see what in the world some of these people will come up with next. How crazy can they go? It's mind-boggling to see the lunacy unfold. I have a hard time believing it's real sometimes.

Nazaroo

With you being a long time defender of sodomy, you're now sounding like one of those homophobic Christian bigots. Since when does marriage (to a woman even) trump the happy carefree LGBTQueer lifestyle?

Nailed it. Right in the something.....

tumblr_lgy9etI6sH1qzvyrgo1_500.png

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yeah. Exactly.

Lately I've found I'm posting just to see what in the world some of these people will come up with next. How crazy can they go? It's mind-boggling to see the lunacy unfold. I have a hard time believing it's real sometimes.

How crazy? "I could kill people and not lose votes" crazy, how's that for size.:shocked:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite View

Ah God, what am I doing.

Yeah. Exactly.

I guess us Christians just haven't caught on to what you atheists find stylish for men to wear.

Spoiler
1973-Bowie-onstage-as-Zig-009.jpg

Spoiler
05b6cdb962c01e3f2d3bbb94047afce0.jpg

Spoiler
500full.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Most music critics are openly homosexuals, i.e., <5% of the population.
Source/citation? And no, aCW's diary doesn't count. :nono:

you know that critics aren't actually musicians but rather a strange urban parasite, right?
No, I don't know that. I don't think you do either.

Enough of a musician to recognize most of the riffs, chord progressions and lame 4/4 2/4 beats that have been beaten to death by all such phoney posers.
There are conventions in any genre and you don't get a lot of 5/4 or 3/4 times in most of popular music. How many songs of Bowies can you hum another tune by? I mean that came before his, of course?

Can you name any original music by David Bowie?
Sure. The article I linked to does a better job of it though.

We'll analyze it together. I think at least two of Bowie's ripoffs are here:
You don't realize what they actually did there...take music theory. Or, assuming you won't be inclined, just look at a given key. Tell me how many major chords are in it. Songs tend to be written into keys and with a general mood/purpose. I'll wait while you realize there's not much to the clever implied criticism of that tune you hung your hat on.

Aside from that, any piece of music is made up of much more than a decision to use major chords, that are the backbone of affirmative music (including the sympathetic 7ths), or darker minors or mixtures. There's melody, tempo, lyric, to hit a few of the most important aspects of the thing.

That we've had so many memorable songs that don't conjure one another in spite of the essential four chord pact with the devil/key that dominates lyrical music that isn't depressing should tell you how important creative genius is when it comes to crafting songs.

Which is precisely what a moral and ethical being should do.
Well, no. I can find the truth in Dickens even while understanding some of the letters in his name were extraneous. I can love the poems of Frost without liking the man at all. Because art has a way of frequently transcending the artist. Happens all the time.

Not compartmentalize and then excuse hard-core criminals because they are cute, charming, good talkers/salesmen, or hypnotists.
None of that is applicable to my approach.

I'm still waiting for you to explain exactly what you think his talent actually was.
A great ear for melody, composition, counterpoint, harmony. The usual when it comes to the best song writers in any genre.

When God commanded tithing to support priests and a governmen
God said you should give away everything you don't need to live? Because you can tithe (though I think more is required of Christians) without that impacting your discretionary significantly.

Meanwhile, enjoy this self-admission that he was essentially an out of control, demon-possessed fool during the height of his fame and career;
Why would I enjoy that? And what has it to do with my point?

Arthur Brain

His music was not amazing. Rather it was pedestrian (and slightly pederastrian).

Even the intoxicated Rolling Stones produced more lasting if equally plagiarized songs.

He was worshipped and fawned over because he was a cultural enabler co-dependent
of homosexual lifestyles.

His musical talent was mediocre, 4/4 pop pulp-fiction,
and the only innovation was his insistence on stage ballet and eye-candy.

Think of the money rich homosexual patrons would save.

And also the money taxpayers could divert to neighbourhood improvement, education, food and shelter.

When can we vote for that?

You seriously have no idea where it comes to music. If he was only interested in producing formulaic, generic pop music then where did 'Low' come from?

He's remembered because he spanned and innovated over decades and incorporated new ideas and technology into his music. I'm hardly a number one fan or anything but I do like some of his material, and considering I hate manufactured pop pap then he must have wrote some stuff that caught the ear - aka non conventional simplistic 4/4 harmonies/beats etc...

Arthur Brain

You really should try picking up a Bible and reading it (I guarantee you that it won't burn your fingers). Jesus, i.e. the Son of God/God in the flesh talks about human sexuality quite a bit.

This is my 2nd invitation for you to come join me in my 4 part thread.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112309

Don't be intimidated by the fact that all 4 threads have over 1,2500,000 views, from what I've seen only several hundred people read it daily (I don't know how many they share it with).

I so look forward to our discussion!

Every time anyone looks at that train wreck, regardless of whether they post in it or not or if they're a member or guest it counts as a view you gormless crank. Trust you to think a number of views equates to a 'thumbs up' anyway. The snapshot on TOL alone (a Conservative website no less) is far from favourable for you so do the math doofus...

Arthur Brain

I believe it. I wouldn't say it's garbage. It was the early 70's, the excesses of rock were completely out of control, and she's said it happened (consensually, which doesn't make it okay). She slept with many rock stars. I don't doubt that Bowie was one. I think it's disturbing.

But while I don't think that story is garbage, I do think aCW is garbage. Consider that he roots around in this sort of crap like a happy pig, yet he not only admires Ted Nugent as a "rock n roll conservative" but actually refers to him as "brother Ted."

That's right, aCW calls Ted Nugent "Brother Ted."

Nugent's well-known escapades with underage girls puts this isolated and hazy story about Bowie from 40 years ago to shame. Nugent bragged about sleeping with underage girls, even going so far as to having one underage girl's parents sign her over to him as her guardian, so he could take her on tour and continue to have sex with her. The guy actually wrote songs about raping 13 years olds:

Not only is he singing about raping a 13 year old, he's singing about doing it along with another guy.

That's aCW's "brother Ted." The blinding hypocrisy is insane. aCW is genuinely demented. Very creepy.

Telling that aCW deflected around this. I guess its all just swept under the carpet if the guy is now a "Conservative Christian"...

Then again, it still seems to be okay to 'get girls' when they're 15 as long as someone like Phil Robertson endorses it...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Telling that aCW deflected around this. I guess its all just swept under the carpet if the guy is now a "Conservative Christian"...

Then again, it still seems to be okay to 'get girls' when they're 15 as long as someone like Phil Robertson endorses it...

It seems like...

Spoiler
phile+robertson.png

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned