Donald Trump will WIN BIG!

MarcATL

Do people remember when Republicans, to a man, were saying that Hillary Clinton should have been the President rather than Barack Obama? That was still while they were claiming that he was from Kenya, therefore an iligitemit (sp) president, the height of the birther nonsense. Anybody remember that?

Last edited:

bybee

Do people remember when Republicans, to a man, was saying that Hillary Clinton should have been the President rather than Barack Obama? That was still while they were claiming that he was from Kenya, therefore an iligitemit (sp) president, the height of the birther nonsense. Anybody remember that?

Why bother remembering that? Seems kind of mean spirited retro meaningless nonsense?
Try to stretch your consciousness. There is good and not so good in the way that representatives of each party present themselves.
I tend to be a fiscal conservative but I loved Paul Wellstone and I admire Amy Klobuchar.
We must become more fiscally responsible in our budgeting whilst providing not only necessities but nurture for those who are indigent or handicapped.
I am fiercely opposed to allowing the tail to wag the dog.
That is limited and finite resources must be used so as to provide the greatest good for the most citizens.
Everyone cannot have everything.

Danoh

Do people remember when Republicans, to a man, was saying that Hillary Clinton should have been the President rather than Barack Obama? That was still while they were claiming that he was from Kenya, therefore an iligitemit (sp) president, the height of the birther nonsense. Anybody remember that?

Yep.

Then, again, perhaps Malcolm's original thought; more along the line of his dad, had been the better course.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Do you think Trump is a racist?

I think he clumsily tried to pander to racists. Pretty much like his birther fiasco. I doubt if he's stupid enough to really believe what he's saying.

But he's taken his father's name and wealth, and run through a series of bankruptcies, so he might be. On the other hand, I notice he always gambled with the money of people dumb enough to trust him, so I doubt if he's that stupid.

PureX

He will have been forgotten by the time the election comes around. He only does this for the publicity. He knows that having your face and name in the public eye helps keep him a "celebrity". And that in itself is worth money.

bybee

He will have been forgotten by the time the election comes around. He only does this for the publicity. He knows that having your face and name in the public eye helps keep him a "celebrity". And that in itself is worth money.

I simply can't take him seriously. Even though he is likely quite intelligent and knowledgeable in some areas, he comes across as a spoiled brat who will throw a tantrum to get his way.
And, I know this is quite silly on my part, but, that hairdo! Really?

Foxfire

He's paying a dear price if it's just for publicity. He was stunned by the corporate 'dump Trump' stampede.

MarcATL

Why bother remembering that? Seems kind of mean spirited retro meaningless nonsense?
I understand this was a very embarrassing moment of Republican history, particularly since it was so recent. Furthermore, this brand of craziness has not yet been properly expunged from your ranks. However, it's imperative not to forget this bit of RW madness to bring some much needed context to this current Trump debate. For multiple reasons.

If you recall, it was Trump that was the premiere Republican in the public sphere that kept this lie aflame. Garnering and revving up the racist vote, because, make no mistake, it was pure racism that fueled this argument. That reflects upon the leaders of your party, as he was and still is a leader amongst you, by your own standards.

Secondly, practically 100% of the base fell for that claptrap, hook, line and sinker. So much so that Obama had to officially come out with the birth-certificate from Hawaii, which said base STILL DID NOT BUY, claiming it was Photoshopped, made-up, wanted to see the official "long form" etc. Everything but accept it. Never mind that even IF Obama was born in Kenya, he would STILL be eligible to run for President because his MOTHER WAS a US citizen. So the ENTIRE premise of the argument was moot and a waste of time and served ONLY to show how racist the bulk of the party was. Not ONE prominent Republican in or out of office stood up for it, they all hemmed and hawed and made silly comments like "Well, I can't stop the people from feeling the way the feel" rather than saying, "No, this is utter nonsense, and the people should just stop." Not one. So that not only shows the tenor of the party through the leadership, once again, but the actual people of the party, via the base.

Not a nice story.

So yes, I fully understand why you now want to sweep it under the rug as if it never happened, although it recently happened and is still happening in some circles among you. That is because you want to now PRETEND that Donald Trump is a serious candidate, that's good for America, because he "tells it like it is, unlike the average politician." Pure nonsense. Trump is just another griffter in a fancy suit spewing political rhetoric, JUST like ALL the other politicians. You know this, I know this.

Try to stretch your consciousness. There is good and not so good in the way that representatives of each party present themselves.
As I properly laid out above, I know full well how your party represents itself, and it's not a few, its the bulk. Not a pretty picture.

I tend to be a fiscal conservative but I loved Paul Wellstone and I admire Amy Klobuchar.
We must become more fiscally responsible in our budgeting whilst providing not only necessities but nurture for those who are indigent or handicapped.
Pretty much all Republicans across the board do nothing but spend like drunken sailors whenever they get in office, that is office at any level. So this "fiscally responsible conservative" is nothing but a joke if not a myth.

I am fiercely opposed to allowing the tail to wag the dog.
Isn't that EXACTLY what is happening right now between Donald Trump and the GOP via the Republican candidates?

That is limited and finite resources must be used so as to provide the greatest good for the most citizens.
Everyone cannot have everything.
Exactly, so you can't spend like a damn drunken fool waging two unnecessary wars WITHOUT putting it on the books, cutting taxes and leaving it to the next President to fix, then blame him as the devil for not fixing it fast enough.

The current crop of Republicans are a joke. From top to bottom. Period. End of story.

THall

The current crop of Republicans are a joke. From top to bottom. Period. End of story.

Yet you fail to acknowledge the current crop
of Democrats are communist crooks who should
be behind bars serving a life sentence.

Sounds to me like you are jealous of Trump's
success and business prowess......

MarcATL

It's crystal clear to me that you're a joke of a poster.

#LOLGOP

Unseemly image removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

bybee

It's crystal clear to me that you're a joke of a poster.

#LOLGOP

Unseemly image removed.

I believe you should remove that picture. It would appear that you are making fun of someone who cannot help being born with an infirmity.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

That sounds more than a little delusional.

I've had fewer companies than he has, but I haven't even had one bankruptcy, and he's run four companies into the ground. But he lost other people's money, not his.

If that's "business prowness", how do you think that will work when he gets control of trillions of our dollars?

Yep. Beware anyone who's great at getting out of trouble.