ECT Does the book of James contradict Paul's epistles? How?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You should rename yourself: Wrong Divider.

You don't understand the difference between Gods two programs that He will eventually join into one.
Eph 1:9-12 KJV Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: (10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: (11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: (12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Well according to your heresy--

God has yet to join the Gentile and Jews,

the two houses of Israel,

and make a new covenant with the Jews.

Now that has to be the greatest unbelief of the work of Christ 2000 years ever spoken.

No wonder you have no covenant under which you have forgiveness of sins.

What a lot of blathering :baby::baby::baby:

LA:angel:

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
Only according to your man
made religion.

James brethren are the Church which is His body, the House of Israel which both Peter and Paul were made members of.
That Is Where You Are Wrong. That First 2 sentences Are YOU - NOT THE BIBLE. the rest is meaningless BECAUSE OF THE FIRST 2 SENTENCES - LA

Forgiveness of sins pertains to the House of Israel--

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You are wrong, you don't believe the Bible.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Lon

I'm open to correction on this and have had others show me their counterpoints in the past:
James 2:26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.
Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, Eph 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
2 Corinthian 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

In a lot of ways, MAD makes more consistent sense than other forms of Arminian theology, but I think James can be reconciled if one reads it as not 'produce fruit to be saved' but rather "one saved does produce fruit," it goes hand in hand with one who is saved, as a new creation.

I believe such steers well clear of works as a means to salvation. Even James' example is of Abraham's faith first, and then works coming from that as one of its results:
Jas 2:22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;
Jas 2:23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness"—and he was called a friend of God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm open to correction on this and have had others show me their counterpoints in the past:

In a lot of ways, MAD makes more consistent sense than other forms of Arminian theology, but I think James can be reconciled if one reads it as not 'produce fruit to be saved' but rather "one saved does produce fruit," it goes hand in hand with one who is saved, as a new creation.

I believe such steers well clear of works as a means to salvation. Even James' example is of Abraham's faith first, and then works coming from that as one of its results:
Jas 2:22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;
Jas 2:23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness"—and he was called a friend of God.

I agree,

but MAD says the works of the book of James are the works of the law, when in fact they are not..

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I agree,

but MAD says the works of the book of James are the works of the law, when in fact they are not..

LA

Here's who James himself said he was writing to;

James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting."

Hey LA, if you have a problem with who James is to referring to,
it's a personal inability to comprehend James himself! I can't help
you with that!!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here's who James himself said he was writing to;

James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting."

Hey LA, if you have a problem with who James is to referring to,
it's a personal inability to comprehend James himself! I can't help
you with that!!

The twelve tribes scattered abroad refer to the scattered ones of all past scatterings who believed God.

These are the ones the gospel was sent to first and they received it and became brethren of the Lord.--

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; Heb 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

It is these believers, and those who believed after them along with all who have joined them by the blood of Christ who will be gathered to Christ at His first resurrection coming for the Israel of God.

Deu 30:1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
Deu 30:2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
Deu 30:3 That the
n the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.
Deu 30:4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:

beginning at--

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Incorporating two kinds of gatherings, one being those worthy of the first resurrection (which leaves you out) and the other of mortals who believed their last witness.

The resurrection being at--

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

Then the gathering of the mortals being described--

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Both occurring during the great trumpet--

Rev 10:5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
Rev 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Isa 27:12 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be gathered one by one, O ye children of Israel.
Isa 27:13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The twelve tribes scattered abroad refer to the scattered ones of all past scatterings who believed God.

These are the ones the gospel was sent to first and they received it and became brethren of the Lord.--

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; Heb 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

It is these believers, and those who believed after them along with all who have joined them by the blood of Christ who will be gathered to Christ at His first resurrection coming for the Israel of God.

Deu 30:1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
Deu 30:2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
Deu 30:3 That the
n the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.
Deu 30:4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:

beginning at--

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Incorporating two kinds of gatherings, one being those worthy of the first resurrection (which leaves you out) and the other of mortals who believed their last witness.

The resurrection being at--

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

Then the gathering of the mortals being described--

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Both occurring during the great trumpet--

Rev 10:5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
Rev 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Isa 27:12 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be gathered one by one, O ye children of Israel.
Isa 27:13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.

LA

Since when were the gentiles referred to as part of the "Twelve
Tribes of Israel?" Paul was sent to the "gentiles" with the "Grace
Message" that he received from the "Risen Christ!" Peter and the
rest preached to the members of the House of Israel the, "Kingdom
Message!" You're mixing the Kingdom Message with the, Grace
Message, that's why you're soooo confused!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since when were the gentiles referred to as part of the "Twelve
Tribes of Israel?"

1Pe 2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

JosephR

What does your comment have to do with the post that you quoted?

And what ever happened to that proud profile picture of yours?

It was football season,,, and I noticed not many ppl had pics of themselfs on here.. So why would I ... I was not proud of it really... In fact I don't take many pics at all..

Btw The Lord Christ Jesus said He was the Messiah... Nothing left to interpretation. And I believe Him.
Does that make you hate me? And list me as a Christ denier?

oatmeal

James isn't ignored! None of the Bible ought to be ignored! Its just
that, certain books of the Bible are not speaking to the gentile
people's or the "Body of Christ." Certain books pertain to the
'House of Israel.' James is one of those!

James is addressed to the twelve tribes that were scattered.

The same who had been scattered in Acts 8:2,4

The scattered were the church. There background was Israel, but accepted Christ as lord and became the church

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
James is addressed to the twelve tribes that were scattered.

The same who had been scattered in Acts 8:2,4

The scattered were the church. There background was Israel, but accepted Christ as lord and became the church

James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Since when were the gentiles addressed as, "The Twelve Tribes?"
Entertain us with your 'brilliant' response.

oatmeal

If you're so wise, knowledgeable, and spiritual, why is your
approval rating so lowwwwww??

I am not interested in your approval or the approval of any human being.

II Timothy 2:15 does not guarantee that I will ever be popular with anyone.

I seek only God's approval.

You might seek that too.

It will increase your spiritual testosterone.

However, God does promise to supply my need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus, Philippians 4:19

God has supplied godly friends for me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am not interested in your approval or the approval of any human being.

II Timothy 2:15 does not guarantee that I will ever be popular with anyone.

I seek only God's approval.

You might seek that too.

It will increase your spiritual testosterone.

However, God does promise to supply my need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus, Philippians 4:19

God has supplied godly friends for me.

If you'll notice, I wasn't posting to you? My post was to LA! Try
and focus a little!