Does man naturally have ability to Seek God ?

beloved57

You focus on a handful of scriptures that you misinterpret to support your erroneous view of God and the Bible, but you ignore hundreds of other scriptures that do not support your erroneous view. Calvinists say God created sinners who cannot come to God and will not come to God, with few exceptions, because He intends to burn them in wrath in hell forever for refusing to come to God. That is nonsense.

You claim humans are by nature evil and will always be evil unless God decides to transform them according to His secret design that has nothing to do with human responses to Him. But when God created humans on earth He saw His creation and declared it to be good. Did God allow the devil to deceive Adam and plunge the entire human race into hopeless darkness forcing God to hate the same humans that He had once loved? Did Adam's sin take God by surprise? Did God plan on Adam sinning and plunging the entire human race into sin so God could demonstrate His power and glory by burning them alive in the lake of fire for His own pleasure?
You dont want to accept what scripture says about the natural man. He doesnt understand nor seek the True God, its just that simple Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

marke

You dont want to accept what scripture says about the natural man. He doesnt understand nor seek the True God, its just that simple Rom 3:11

I accept what the scriptures say about the natural man while you refuse to agree with what else the scriptures say about the natural man and about God. You do not understand what the entire Bible says about the natural man apart from your selected verses and that makes you deny that God is not willing that any should perish and that He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked.

beloved57

I accept what the scriptures say about the natural man while you refuse to agree with what else the scriptures say about the natural man and about God. You do not understand what the entire Bible says about the natural man apart from your selected verses and that makes you deny that God is not willing that any should perish and that He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked.
I do accept what scripture says about the natural man, he doesnt seek after the True God nor understands Him Rom 3:11

marke

I do accept what scripture says about the natural man, he doesnt seek after the True God nor understands Him Rom 3:11
You mistakenly think God first transforms His robots to seek Him before they can seek Him and that God's other robots are programmed to refuse to seek Him so He can burn them in hell with pleasure.

beloved57

You mistakenly think God first transforms His robots to seek Him before they can seek Him and that God's other robots are programmed to refuse to seek Him so He can burn them in hell with pleasure.
I think that the natural man doesnt seek after the True God, that's what I think, what about you ?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
If I wasn't a natural man when I sought after, and found God, what was I?
You haven't.
You are still as deceived as ever.
Those who know they are known of God don't speak as if they found Him.

King James Bible
But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
You haven't.
You are still as deceived as ever.
Those who know they are known of God don't speak as if they found Him.
Why not?
My conversion glorifies not only God but also the name of Jesus Christ.
Faith came by my hearing the "good news", and I acted on that belief.
And I thank God for it.
King James Bible
But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
I am grateful that I have been freed from bondage to both the Law and to sin.
As it is written..."And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. (John 8:32-34)

beloved57

If I wasn't a natural man when I sought after, and found God, what was I?
I dont get into speaking about individuals, but I know that naturally man doesnt seek God, the True God that is, and I have scripture to stand on Rom 3:11

Now if you feel yourself an exception, thats beteen you and God, leave me out of it please !

marke

I dont get into speaking about individuals, but I know that naturally man doesnt seek God, the True God that is, and I have scripture to stand on Rom 3:11

Now if you feel yourself an exception, thats beteen you and God, leave me out of it please !
Misguided religionists who do not properly love and respect God claim He is not willing that any should seek God except for the select few He makes to do so.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Man by nature doesnt seek after God nor understand God Rom 3:11

Rom 1 agrees. It shows that man by nature is a Idolater.
Notice how this fool actually thinks that his doctrine trumps the plain reading the text of scripture! He just completely ignores what openly contradicts his doctrine and states his doctrine as refutation of God's own written word.

How does this idiot think he's a Christian?

Hoping

Banned

As Paul's words in Rom 3 were from Psalms 14, (and other OT places), perhaps the subjects of the Psalms from which Paul cited were not the same as those later in history.
David is addressing fools in Psalm 14.
Maybe there are some who relinquished their foolishness.
Like I did !
Thanks be to God !

Were you a natural man when you chose to obey Him and love Him?

beloved57

As Paul's words in Rom 3 were from Psalms 14, (and other OT places), perhaps the subjects of the Psalms from which Paul cited were not the same as those later in history.
David is addressing fools in Psalm 14.
Maybe there are some who relinquished their foolishness.
Like I did !
Thanks be to God !

Were you a natural man when you chose to obey Him and love Him?
Yes Paul's words in Rom 3 were taken from the Psalms, which reinforces mans nature hasn't changed. Man naturally under the old testament and new test doesnt seek God, nor understands God, the True God, None scripture says !

marke

Yes Paul's words in Rom 3 were taken from the Psalms, which reinforces mans nature hasn't changed. Man naturally under the old testament and new test doesnt seek God, nor understands God, the True God, None scripture says !
The Bible does not teach that God designed humans to be unable to seek God for deliverance from sin because He wanted them to die in their sins so He could judge them for purposes of demonstrating His power and glory to other sinners He chooses to single out for the show.

Hoping

Banned
Isn't there anything God can do to compel you to seek after Him?
Miracles?
Escapes from chasing armies?
Escapes from prison?
Parting oceans?
Healings?
Promises of eternal life?
Raising some from the dead?
Giving sight to the blind?
Opening the ears of the deaf?
Cleansing leprosy?
Nothing???
Only the fool could see and hear of these things and not be moved to seek after God.
I pray you are not a fool.

beloved57

Isn't there anything God can do to compel you to seek after Him?
Miracles?
Escapes from chasing armies?
Escapes from prison?
Parting oceans?
Healings?
Promises of eternal life?
Raising some from the dead?
Giving sight to the blind?
Opening the ears of the deaf?
Cleansing leprosy?
Nothing???
Only the fool could see and hear of these things and not be moved to seek after God.
I pray you are not a fool.
God gives a person new birth, with a new heart to cause the person to seek Him. Other than that, a person remains a natural man and will not seek the True God.