ECT Does 'fulfilled prophecy' reinforce the Bible?

God's Truth

He said 'tetelestai/it is finished', meaning 'paid in full'. He paid for our sins completely at the cross. It does not mean that all OT prophecy is fulfilled.

I don't think anyone is saying that.

Are ya' ready, yet?

It's not a second chance for anyone.
It will be the first chance for many.

That is referring to the new entity called the body of Christ.
It is not referring to GOD's plan for His prophetic people Israel.

Yep!

There is no prophetic Israel besides those in Christ now.

EVERYONE is bound to disobedience.

Jesus came once to save.

The next time he comes it will be to raise us from the dead.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am doing no such thing.

Just believe what the Bible says.

Jesus fulfilled the LAW and the PROPHETS.

The Lord Jesus fulfilled this:

Act 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

Peter speaking by the Holy Spirit with authority says that there's more that He will fulfill when He returns:

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no prophetic Israel besides those in Christ now.

EVERYONE is bound to disobedience.

Jesus came once to save.

The next time he comes it will be to raise us from the dead.

Prophetic Israel continues in the future:

Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

God's Truth

Prophetic Israel continues in the future:

Where do you get that this means they get another chance later?

That scripture is about Jesus coming and raising the dead at the resurrection.

That is what is meant by he must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything.

Just read a little further, it says the priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to Peter and John while they were speaking ...they were disturbed because they were teaching the people that in Jesus the resurrection of the dead. See 4:1-2.

God's Truth

The Lord Jesus fulfilled this:

Act 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

Peter speaking by the Holy Spirit with authority says that there's more that He will fulfill when He returns:

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

The resurrection of the dead is to come. That is why they have to REPENT now.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Where do you get that this means they get another chance later?

Nobody gets a second chance later.

The remnant tribulation saints of Israel get their first chance later.

That scripture is about Jesus coming and raising the dead at the resurrection.

That scripture is about Christ returning to earth from heaven and fulfilling the rest of what the prophets spoke in the OT. There indeed will be a resurrection but there's a whole lot more that goes with that.

That is what is meant by he must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything.

The palingenesia is the restoration of this creation.

Just read a little further, it says the priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to Peter and John while they were speaking ...they were disturbed because they were teaching the people that in Jesus the resurrection of the dead. See 4:1-2.

Yep and Paul says this:

Rom 8:19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope
Rom 8:21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
Rom 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Thessalonians 5 KJV
(2) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
(3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
(4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.​

It won't be as thief in night for us.

Right! Paul already assured the believing church in 1Thess 4 that we would be caught up to meet the Lord in the air, so to comfort one another with those words.

God's Truth

Of course you are mishandling the Word of God by mixing up Jesus coming as a thief and the day of the Lord coming as a thief in the night.

But that may just be because you don't know the difference between the day of the Lord and Jesus.

When Jesus comes he will come as a thief in the night. It will be at the great white throne judgment. He will raise the dead, and he will save us from the lake of fire.

God's Truth

Nobody gets a second chance later.

The remnant tribulation saints of Israel get their first chance later.

No such thing. The remnant were saved, and only a remnant will ever be saved.

Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea, only the remnant will be saved.

Romans 11:5
So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.

That scripture is about Christ returning to earth from heaven and fulfilling the rest of what the prophets spoke in the OT. There indeed will be a resurrection but there's a whole lot more that goes with that.
After Jesus resurrects us, he will hand over the kingdom to the Father.

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

The palingenesia is the restoration of this creation.
It makes no difference about Jews or Gentiles.

The reason it used to make a difference about Jews is because God loved Abraham and Isaac and promised a blood relative would the Savior come.

Yep and Paul says this:

Rom 8:19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope
Rom 8:21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
Rom 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

That is at the resurrection.

genuineoriginal

When Jesus comes he will come as a thief in the night. It will be at the great white throne judgment. He will raise the dead, and he will save us from the lake of fire.

You need to go back to the Bible and study some more.

The Bible states that Jesus will come as a thief, not that Jesus comes as a thief in the night.
It is the day of the LORD that comes as a thief in the night.

Jesus comes as a thief a thousand years before the Great White Throne Judgment.

God's Truth

The Bible states that Jesus will come as a thief, not that Jesus comes as a thief in the night.

That is laughable. You are the one that needs to study the Bible more. You say "Jesus will come as a thief not that Jesus comes as a thief. LOL

genuineoriginal

That is laughable. You are the one that needs to study the Bible more. You say "Jesus will come as a thief not that Jesus comes as a thief. LOL
Let's check the words of Jesus on the matter:

Revelation 3:3
3 [JESUS]Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.[/JESUS]​

Revelation 16:15
15 [JESUS]Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.[/JESUS]​

Most people can see that both "Jesus will come as a thief" and "Jesus comes as a thief" are correct.
You are not like most people.

Here are the only two places in the Bible that use the phrase "thief in the night":

1 Thessalonians 5:2
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

2 Peter 3:10
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.​

God's Truth

Let's check the words of Jesus on the matter:

3 [JESUS]Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.[/JESUS]​

15 [JESUS]Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.[/JESUS]​

Most people can see that both "Jesus will come as a thief" and "Jesus comes as a thief" are correct.
You are not like most people.

Here are the only two places in the Bible that use the phrase "thief in the night":

1 Thessalonians 5:2
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

2 Peter 3:10
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.​

I am the one that says Jesus comes as a thief. You are the one that says, "Jesus will come as a thief not that Jesus comes as a thief."

genuineoriginal

I am the one that says Jesus comes as a thief. You are the one that says, "Jesus will come as a thief not that Jesus comes as a thief."
Are you trying to make yourself look stupid, or are you completely unaware of what you are doing?

Read my words again:
The Bible states that Jesus will come as a thief. . .

Jesus comes as a thief. . .
Read the two verses again:

God's Truth

Are you trying to make yourself look stupid, or are you completely unaware of what you are doing?

Read my words again:

Read the two verses again:

You are the one that makes himself look stupid. Be careful how you judge. Why don't you obey and be careful, you smart man.

God's Truth

Jesus says he will come as a thief in the night.

That means we are supposed to be ready and not living in sin when he comes.

genuineoriginal

You are the one that makes himself look stupid. Be careful how you judge. Why don't you obey and be careful, you smart man.

Yes, it is a stupid thing I did in allowing myself to be dragged into a meaningless debate with an ignorant woman that just wants to argue against the words of the Bible because she thinks she has God's Truth and the Bible does not have it.

God's Truth

You go away. You are exactly what you accuse me of being, and that is "dumb".

Just listen to your ignorance. How can you stand it?

Jesus hasn't come again, yet. However, when he does, it will be as a thief in the night.