Does anyone know why Punisher1984 was banned yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyChristian

What would be considered blasphemy? Like what, using the Lord's name in vain or as part of a cuss-word? I am interested in knowing, since I don't want to be banned. :(

Not to be rude but............DUH! :crackup:

EDIT:

Does my thinking that God/Jesus/Holy Spirit are not real qualify as blasphemy enough to be banned? How does an atheist contribue to this forum if the very essence of their thinking might be considered blasphemious?

I know you want to appear to be the epitome of intellect but you misspelled contribute and blasphemous.

I'm anal that way. :eek:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's up with that?
Just one of the many reasons why your account should be ugraded to something other than a free blue level. With an upgraded user account you could save some time by simply visiting the Woodshed thread and determine such things on your own time. :squint:

AMR

BabyChristian

Pointing this out does not make your case more compelling.

We have seen similar before, haven't we?

Jim Jones and the Guyana Tragedy back in 1978:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

Heaven's Gate back in 1997:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(cult)

Heck, we've seen this type of inanity all throughout history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_suicide

* sorry for using wikipedia, but it was quick and dirty

I don't know much about the others that committed suicide but have you ever heard the tape of the Jim Jones massacre?

Screaming, lots of it. Makes me wonder if some of them didn't change their minds and weren't forced to drink the juice and it wasn't just babies crying. Also there were some gun shots heard on the tape if my memory is correct.

Drinking cyanide is painless and quick.

The deaths the apostles died were slow (most of them) painful and humiliating and they chose that because of what they witnessed.

Of course people can be misguided as with Jim Jones and his followers and those people it seems were vulnerable like the Manson followers and most seemed to believe everything he said.

My beliefs are not in a living man and though you think I'm stupid, as you pointed out in one of your threads, I know that I'm not and I do not trust anyone nor am I vulnerable enough to die because (a fallible human being that has sex with many women as with Jim Jones) tells me to.

BabyChristian

Uhhh, he was...

He was old
He was Roman
He was a cult leader.

That's what christianity was in its early years. It didn't become a real religion until it was taken on as the roman state religion.

Perhaps you're misunderstanding the nature of a cult.

You clearly no nothing about what you are talking about.

Paul was a Roman citizen but he was first a Jew and a Christian hater.

He was a cult leader because new religions that differ are considered cults but this cult grew by leaps and bounds before the RCC took it over.

It was a "real" religion before the RCC caught onto it and people had to hide in houses and be secretive about their beliefs or they'd be killed in Rome in the coliseum and various other places.

What is your definition of a *real* religion? No where below does it state that a building has to be built nor how many people need to believe it.

1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
7. religions, Archaic. religious rites.
8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion: a religion to one's vow.

BabyChristian

I always expect to be banned when I exercise my free speech rights on a Christian forum. It's the nature of Christians and Christianity. When I get banned for saying this it will prove my point. <shrug>

Most atheists on here on not on here to learn anything or actually have a discussion. They're here, as you are, to have fun and laugh at believers and that includes HappyCetacean (not sure if I spelled that correct) or at least from most of the posts I've seen from her. She seems to be here to call people morons more than anything.

Theology is the study of God. You're not studying God since you don't believe in God. That's apparent.

You atheists belong on a forum called atheology which is more appropriate, to study something you don't believe in. :eek:

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.