ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

oatmeal

Who's righteousness?
Who's righteous blood did Judas betray?

Crickets...

Who has righteousness?

God is righteous.

Jesus Christ obeyed God completely and perfectly, thus Jesus Christ is righteous.

Anyone that God imputes or gives righteousness to.

I Corinthians 1:30, II Corinthians 5:21, Romans 5:17-19

Anyone who has done Romans 10:9-10 has redemption, justification, righteousness, sanctification and the ministry of reconciliation.

Jesus Christ shed his blood, his life for us that we might be saved.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Acts 20:28 "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

wow, says God purchased the church with His own blood. :think:

oatmeal

Um no, God the Father, calls the Son, God.

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son He says, "YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

And God made Moses to be god to Pharaoh. Exodus 7:1 KJV

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

So why isn't Moses a part of your trinity?

Too much work going back and changing all your trinity documents to fournity or quadnity?

How about all the gods that Jesus is referring to in John 10:34-35

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Why don't you add them to your quadnity?

The term "god" has a very general meaning, one that God accurately applies to many beings, including false gods, people including Jesus Christ, and himself.

"god" in general meaning is

one who is perceived to have greater or superior authority or power, whether genuine or not.

Jesus is called god by God because Jesus received power and authority from God and thus genuinely has superior power and authority just like Moses had superior power and authority over Pharaoh.

Acts 3:22-23

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Until you recognize that God uses the term "god" in a variety of ways you will be subject to serving false gods in subtle ways if not outrageous ways.

From God's scripture point of view, Jesus is not God the son, but rather the son of God, that is why God, like any father whose son earned the responsibility and privilege, gave to His son power and authority. Acts 10:38

oatmeal

Acts 20:28 "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

wow, says God purchased the church with His own blood. :think:

God is spirit, Jesus said so in John 4:24

Some scholars state that the word "God" should read "lord" which would be referring to the lord Jesus Christ.

However, since the trinitarian doctrine is so popular, that is not going to be accepted by those who find comfort in being in the majority

Doom

Is it your testimony, oatmeal that everywhere the church of God is mentioned, the Bible is referring to Jesus as God?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
And God made Moses to be god to Pharaoh. Exodus 7:1 KJV

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Correct rendering literally is like a god, there meaning judge.

|0559| And said
|3068| Yahweh
|0413| to
|4872| Moses,
|2009| Look,
|6213| I have made you
|0430| {like} a god
|6547| to Pharaoh.
|0175| And Aaron,
|0251| your brother,
|1961| will be
|5030| your prophet.

Strong's Ref. # 430

Romanized 'elohiym
Pronounced el-o-heem'

plural of HSN0433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:

Which is why its like God, not God Himself.

Now lets look at what I quoted, Hebrews 1:8

|4314| as to
|1161| but
|3588| the
|5207| Son,
|3588| The
|2262| throne
|4675| of you,
|3588| -
|2316| God,
|9999| {is}
|1519| to
|3588| the
|0165| ages
|3588| of the
|0165| ages,
|9999| {the}
|4464| rod
|2118| of uprightness
|9999| {is the}
|4464| rod
|3588| of the
|0932| kingdom
|4675| of you.

Strong's Ref. # 2316
Strong's Ref. # 2316

Romanized theos
Pronounced theh'-os

of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with GSN3588) the supreme Divinity

KJV--X exceeding, God, god[-ly, -ward].

Very clear that God the Father is calling the Son God as Diety/God, not as common god, like used in the verse you cited from exodus, which would be judge/magistrate in the common meaning, as in men as judges. (same thing Christ was meaning when He said is it not written that you are gods (meaning judges)

oatmeal

Is it your testimony, oatmeal that everywhere the church of God is mentioned, the Bible is referring to Jesus as God?

What?

Jesus is not "God the son", he is the son of God.

God is not his own son

the son of God is God's son.

oatmeal

Correct rendering literally is like a god, there meaning judge.

|0559| And said
|3068| Yahweh
|0413| to
|4872| Moses,
|2009| Look,
|6213| I have made you
|0430| {like} a god
|6547| to Pharaoh.
|0175| And Aaron,
|0251| your brother,
|1961| will be
|5030| your prophet.

Strong's Ref. # 430

Romanized 'elohiym
Pronounced el-o-heem'

plural of HSN0433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:

Which is why its like God, not God Himself.

Now lets look at what I quoted, Hebrews 1:8

|4314| as to
|1161| but
|3588| the
|5207| Son,
|3588| The
|2262| throne
|4675| of you,
|3588| -
|2316| God,
|9999| {is}
|1519| to
|3588| the
|0165| ages
|3588| of the
|0165| ages,
|9999| {the}
|4464| rod
|2118| of uprightness
|9999| {is the}
|4464| rod
|3588| of the
|0932| kingdom
|4675| of you.

Strong's Ref. # 2316
Strong's Ref. # 2316

Romanized theos
Pronounced theh'-os

of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with GSN3588) the supreme Divinity

KJV--X exceeding, God, god[-ly, -ward].

Very clear that God the Father is calling the Son God as Diety/God, not as common god, like used in the verse you cited from exodus, which would be judge/magistrate in the common meaning, as in men as judges. (same thing Christ was meaning when He said is it not written that you are gods (meaning judges)

That's nice

God made Moses to be a god to pharaoh,

not like a god to pharaoh.

so then "god" means "judge"

God = judge

So what is the book of judges about?

Samson was a judge = God?

Gideon was a judge = God?

Luke 7:43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.

Luke 11:19 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.

Luke 12:14 And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?

judge or like a judge?

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Acts 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

There seems to be a lot more gods than your three

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's nice

God made Moses to be a god to pharaoh,

not like a god to pharaoh.

so then "god" means "judge"

God = judge

So what is the book of judges about?

Samson was a judge = God?

Gideon was a judge = God?

Luke 7:43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.

Luke 11:19 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.

Luke 12:14 And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?

judge or like a judge?

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Acts 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

There seems to be a lot more gods than your three

You've been shown what the original language rendering is and their meanings (they are not the same like you think) and as such you are now accountable to Him because you have rejected the truth.

Go ahead and stand before Him one day after denying who He is, and telling Him you didnt realize in english there are way more than one meaning for a word, and that no one informed you (or you couldnt study to show yourself approved).

Good luck with that.

oatmeal

You've been shown what the original language rendering is and their meanings (they are not the same like you think) and as such you are now accountable to Him because you have rejected the truth.

Go ahead and stand before Him one day after denying who He is, and telling Him you didnt realize in english there are way more than one meaning for a word, and that no one informed you (or you couldnt study to show yourself approved).

Good luck with that.

Since "like" is a human addition, you err.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
What?

Jesus is not "God the son", he is the son of God.

God is not his own son

the son of God is God's son.

God the son is coming out of you guys.

We have never heard of the term God the son in our life.

It's in non of the christain books, article and the bible we have read.

What kind of stuff you guys been saying????

Weird antitrinitarian terminology!

Always making up stuff trying to get us to use it

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Um no, God the Father, calls the Son, God.

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son He says, "YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

Beware of oatmeal who comes to TOL in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are a ravening wolf.

The Bible provides many ways to help us understand that the Holy Spirit is truly a person. First, every pronoun used in reference to the Spirit is “he” not “it” as oatmeal calls Him. He calls God, "it".

The Holy Spirit’s attributes also point to His personality. The Holy Spirit has life (Romans 8:2), has a will (1 Corinthians 12:11), is omniscient (1 Corinthians 2:10–11), is eternal (Hebrews 9:14), and is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7). A mere force, as oatmeal believes, could not possess all of these attributes, but the Holy Spirit does.

Way international watches too many movies and calls God an "it"

clown-blog-8-253x300.png

oatmeal

God the son is coming out of you guys.

We have never heard of the term God the son in our life.

It's in non of the christain books, article and the bible we have read.

What kind of stuff you guys been saying????

Weird antitrinitarian terminology!

Always making up stuff trying to get us to use it

Wow!

You are not familiar with the doctrine of the trinity are you?

I was raised in the RCC, the term "God the Son" is rampant there and is used on this website frequently by trinitarians.

Jesus is not God the son, Jesus is the son of God

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Wow!

You are not familiar with the doctrine of the trinity are you?

I was raised in the RCC, the term "God the Son" is rampant there and is used on this website frequently by trinitarians.

Jesus is not God the son, Jesus is the son of God

I not familiar with much of RRC, most likely forgotten that term. I've been told they uselessly suck up a lot of folk's time.

I don't really have time to confirm what RRC believes. They are all over the place with multiple theologies.
No time for that and no time for you either. All both are babbling out agony and bitterness.

oatmeal

I not familiar with much of RRC, most likely forgotten that term. I've been told they uselessly suck up a lot of folk's time.

I don't really have time to confirm what RRC believes. They are all over the place with multiple theologies.
No time for that and no time for you either. All both are babbling out agony and bitterness.

Well, go away then

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Well, go away then

That's an unserious response.

Proves your everyday agony and bitterness.

You must fast and pray to cast out demons.

Demons flee when my students are near me.

You speak in the tongues of demon with a mindset like yours .
Even though babbling in prayer isn't demonic in itself and fine with all of us.

Any TOL member can look up and google tongues of demons and see for themselves without me.
If I go away, the facts will still be there, so get over it.

The only way I go away is to put you on ignore. Would you like me to do that? Are you a chicken thing?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Since "like" is a human addition, you err.

No, please explain the passage from the hebrew and show how thats an addition, other than just a description meaning into english from hebrew, since the sentiment is like God, and there isnt a hebrew direct equivalent to say specifically that.

Do show us the hebrew though and explain it to us and show us how the word "like god" is not the sentiment being expressed there by the very word and passage usage.

Or do you honestly want to tell us that God was telling moses to be an actual deity? Tell us also how you could believe moses was diety (since you are claiming that is what it says) but you are able to claim that Jesus is not Diety, but moses is?