Divorce and the Sin of Remarriage

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Divorce is not permitted unless there is sexual immorality, or an unbelieving spouse abandons a believing spouse. However, even if both divorce for either of these two reasons, or any other reason at all, neither can ever remarry unless one of them dies. For regardless of whether a couple is together, separated, or divorced, they are still married before God. As such, if either remarries, they commit adultery. As well as whoever marries them. For more on this study along with scriptures, go to http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/03/02/divorce-and-the-sin-of-remarriage/ .

If a person divorces for any reason other than adultery then they are not divorcing biblically and cause their partner to commit adultery if their partner remarries however if one spouse is guilty of adultery the other is free to remarry.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If a person divorces for any reason other than adultery then they are not divorcing biblically and cause their partner to commit adultery if their partner remarries however if one spouse is guilty of adultery the other is free to remarry.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

this is watered down claim.

Even if your spouse is adultery and remarried, you should stay single until your spouse is dead. Otherwise, you are no different from you spouse.

Jamie Gigliotti

Divorce is not permitted unless there is sexual immorality, or an unbelieving spouse abandons a believing spouse. However, even if both divorce for either of these two reasons, or any other reason at all, neither can ever remarry unless one of them dies. For regardless of whether a couple is together, separated, or divorced, they are still married before God. As such, if either remarries, they commit adultery. As well as whoever marries them. For more on this study along with scriptures, go to http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/03/02/divorce-and-the-sin-of-remarriage/ .

"Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called." 1 Corinthians 7:20

meshak

BANNED
Banned
"Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called." 1 Corinthians 7:20

If you are Christian, you should uphold Jesus' standards.

If you are already remarried, you cannot do anything about it. But you should not say you did the right thing.

marhig

I have been happily married for 12 years. I consider my marriage vows as irrevocable. Some life decisions cannot be undone. Only death can separate my wife and me.
It's good that you have a happy marriage, me too. But unfortunately not all marriages are like that. And we have to be careful how we judge others, and we don't know what they are going through.

pondsbb

Jesus also said not all men could receive certain words concerning
His scripture of divorce and remaining unmarried. I believe it is something not easy to judge in others.

Matthew 19:7-11 KJV
They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? [8] He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. [9] And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. [10] His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry. [11] But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's good that you have a happy marriage, me too. But unfortunately not all marriages are like that. And we have to be careful how we judge others, and we don't know what they are going through.

If what we are doing is watering down Jesus' noble standards, it is a grave sin to keep silent. Hypocrisy keeps going by keeping silent of wrong doing.

You need courage to speak up against evil deeds. Cowardly is one of the sin list in the book of revelation.

marhig

If what we are doing is watering down Jesus' noble standards, it is a grave sin to keep silent. Hypocrisy keeps going by keeping silent of wrong doing.

You need courage to speak up against evil deeds. Cowardly is one of the sin list in the book of revelation.
Yes speak the truth, but we don't know everyone's situation. It's easy to condemn others when we have a happy blissful marriage, but try living with an unloving husband who doesn't believe in God, full of hardness, going through severe beatings mental and physical torture, your husband beating and abusing you daily and doing so to your children, and having affairs with other women, staying out all night and living like a single man.

As Jesus said to those accusing the woman who was caught in adultery, those without sin cast the first stone!

marhig

Jesus also said not all men could receive certain words concerning
His scripture of divorce and remaining unmarried. I believe it is something not easy to judge in others.

Matthew 19:7-11 KJV
They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? [8] He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. [9] And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. [10] His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry. [11] But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

We can only receive it when we are born of God. The world will live how they like. But when we are born of God we are to live by his will.

If we have a husband or wife, who have done no wrong toward us, then were to remain with them and stay married.

pondsbb

We can only receive it when we are born of God. The world will live how they like. But when we are born of God we are to live by his will.

If we have a husband or wife, who have done no wrong toward us, then were to remain with them and stay married.
If one has a husband or wife that has done no wrong, I doubt they would wish to divorce.
They become one flesh.

Matthew 19:6 KJV
Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder

If someone is one with another they work together, but if divided they work against each other.If a marriage is divided there is no way it will stand.

Matthew 12:25 KJV
And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

While I believe God allows divided marriages for His purposes, I believe it is hard to judge those marriages when they fall.

Often it is for judgement and mercy purpose.

marhig

If one has a husband or wife that has done no wrong, I doubt they would wish to divorce.
They become one flesh.

Matthew 19:6 KJV
Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder

If someone is one with another they work together, but if divided they work against each other.If a marriage is divided there is no way it will stand.

Matthew 12:25 KJV
And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

While I believe God allows divided marriages for His purposes, I believe it is hard to judge those marriages when they fall.

Often it is for judgement and mercy purpose.

I don't know, we can be in a marriage that has gone stale, but both still care for one another and don't hurt one another. Many marriages last like this. And it's good to stay together if we can, especially if we have children as they need a mother and a father and where possible. But not all marriages are like this, some people go through extreme suffering.

And you are right, we can't judge as we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, and we may not have been through what others are going through.

As i said, Jesus said those without sin cast the first stone, although once her accusers were gone, he did tell the woman to go sin no more. I believe that this is like Christ talking to us personally in our hearts, and we have to listen when we know that what we are doing is wrong, listen to the spirit, and to our consciences, and do what we know is right before God, and God will judge us and others.