Divorce and the Sin of Remarriage

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Divorce is not permitted unless there is sexual immorality, or an unbelieving spouse abandons a believing spouse. However, even if both divorce for either of these two reasons, or any other reason at all, neither can ever remarry unless one of them dies. For regardless of whether a couple is together, separated, or divorced, they are still married before God. As such, if either remarries, they commit adultery. As well as whoever marries them. For more on this study along with scriptures, go to http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/03/02/divorce-and-the-sin-of-remarriage/ .

Reactions: Lon

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Divorce is not permitted unless there is sexual immorality, or an unbelieving spouse abandons a believing spouse. However, even if both divorce for either of these two reasons, or any other reason at all, neither can ever remarry unless one of them dies. For regardless of whether a couple is together, separated, or divorced, they are still married before God. As such, if either remarries, they commit adultery. As well as whoever marries them. For more on this study along with scriptures, go to http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/03/02/divorce-and-the-sin-of-remarriage/ .

This is not popular law.

They will tell you they are not under the law any more.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned

He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.” (Mark 10:11 [NIV])

a wife should not divorce a husband (but if she does, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband)… (1 Corinthians 7:10-11 [NETBIBLE])

A wife is tied by law for as long a time as her husband lives; but if her husband should sleep, she is free to whom she wants to marry, only in the Lord. (I Corinthians 7:39 [ABP])

Epoisses

Jesus divorced the law keepers 2000 years ago for his new covenant bride. Divorce is necessary sometimes!

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Jesus divorced the law keepers 2000 years ago for his new covenant bride. Divorce is necessary sometimes!

You are in for a surprise on the day of judgment,

But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.' (Matthew 7:23 [NLT])

For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:18 [NIV])

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17 [NIV])

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:19 [NIV])

Epoisses

You are in for a surprise on the day of judgment,

But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.' (Matthew 7:23 [NLT])

For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:18 [NIV])

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17 [NIV])

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:19 [NIV])

You're a sinner and should be banned for your cult/works garbage. No one else will say it so I will.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Jesus' followers are not of the world. Christians' standards should not be as low as the world.

You made a vow, and if you break it you should accept the consequences.

Epoisses

Jesus' followers are not of the world. Christians' standards should not be as low as the world.

You made a vow, and if you break it you should accept the consequences.

Keep your promises too, law keeper and old covenant unbeliever! Christians believe in God's promises and put no confidence in theirs.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
You're a sinner and should be banned for your cult/works garbage. No one else will say it so I will.

For just quoting scripture? You do realize that all I did was quote scripture in that last post. Even without me having to say anything myself the scriptures themselves speak against you.

Epoisses

Jesus' teachings are not flesh, dear.

It is holy, righteous, godly and all noble stuff.

Jesus' commands that you are so fond of were to the Jews prior to the cross! His commands to you are found in the seven churches of Revelation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' commands that you are so fond of were to the Jews prior to the cross! His commands to you are found in the seven churches of Revelation.

Nope, all His teachings are for all His followers to practice.

You posts shows you don't know Jesus much.

For starter, you sound so angry.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

So again... you are a carnal person taking spiritual words out of context.

John 5:38f, 40 would be a serious clue to why you keep getting it wrong. You are taking the scripture and harming people with it. It can do so with much efficiency! But... there is a "REVELATION" within those 66 books that is the very "FOUNDATION" and "Cornerstone" of EVERYTHING!

Please understand... if you think I'm off and am a sinner... You are forgetting "who HE came for". If you think yourself righteous and not in need of the Good Physician... That's on you. But I am in deep need of His Premium Health Care Plan and I will never elude otherwise.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
So again... you are a carnal person taking spiritual words out of context.

John 5:38f, 40 would be a serious clue to why you keep getting it wrong. You are taking the scripture and harming people with it. It can do so with much efficiency! But... there is a "REVELATION" within those 66 books that is the very "FOUNDATION" and "Cornerstone" of EVERYTHING!

Please understand... if you think I'm off and am a sinner... You are forgetting "who HE came for". If you think yourself righteous and not in need of the Good Physician... That's on you. But I am in deep need of His Premium Health Care Plan and I will never elude otherwise.

Of what avail is having the belief of the one whom the Pharisees rejected that the scriptures spoke of, which is Jesus Christ, if you are an adulterer? Do you not know that adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God? You twist scriptures to try to excuse your own wickedness!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Of what avail is having the belief of the one whom the Pharisees rejected that the scriptures spoke of, which is Jesus Christ, if you are an adulterer? Do you not know that adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God? You twist scriptures to try to excuse your own wickedness!

I know this will shock you, but the adultery that Jesus was speaking of wasn't the kind that happens in a seedy motel.

Jesus didn't leave us destitute of understanding this. We have a verse like Matthew 13:34 for instance. What does that verse mean to you?

editing in...

I see ALL of my wickedness when I read scripture. I have only found one ADVOCATE to take my defense and bring forth my undeserved JUSTIFICATION.

Do you understand my words?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
I know this will shock you, but the adultery that Jesus was speaking of wasn't the kind that happens in a seedy motel.

Jesus didn't leave us destitute of understanding this. We have a verse like Matthew 13:34 for instance. What does that verse mean to you?

Knowing that adultery begins in the heart does not negate that adultery also happens outside of the heart, as in actions. It would be like saying that murder begins in the heart, therefore, go ahead and murder since it is only in the heart that it is evil to murder. Wake up and stop being foolish! Adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God! Both those who have adulterers thoughts and those who practice adultery. This is not a parable, for even the law plainly says, "thou shall not commit adultery".

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Knowing that adultery begins in the heart does not negate that adultery also happens outside of the heart, as in actions. It would be like saying that murder begins in the heart, therefore, go ahead and murder since it is only in the heart that it is evil to murder. Wake up and stop being foolish! Adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God! Both those who have adulterers thoughts and those who practice adultery. This is not a parable, for even the law plainly says, "thou shall not commit adultery".
I have proof texts to emphasize the point you are politely side stepping.

Is. 57:3f,5f

Do you see what "God" considers "Adultery"?