Disgruntled Royalty

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Thank you for posting this. It was very thought-provoking.

Coincidentally, on Friday I was talking to a homeless person. He didn't ask for money (although I didn't have any on me that I could have given him even if he had); we stopped to talk briefly as I was passing him while on my walk. We had a short and friendly conversation that has stayed with me, and in the course of it, he said that someone had given him $20, and he'd bought a whole pack of cigarettes. He reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out the brand new pack and held it out to show me. He was so pleased. I could see he hadn't opened it yet - I suspect finding the right place to open it and pull out that first cigarette was going to be half the enjoyment of it. It was easy to see what a treasure he had, and it was so touching that he wanted to share his good fortune with someone. I also saw that his hand was literally black with grime, and I've been thinking about that since, and wondering how often and where a homeless person could get a hot shower, and what a luxury a hot shower is. I'm able to take one every day, yet rarely think about the luxury of turning on a tap and having clean, hot water come out of it on demand.

Thank you again.

PureX

I saw a post on Facebook today in which someone observed that nothing about humanity has changed but the technology. That we are still just cavemen with cell phones.

This is not entirely true, but it's not entirely untrue, either. It's puzzling that we humans have expended so much time and energy in the last few centuries advancing our understanding of material interactions and processes, and yet have expended almost no time or energy at all contemplating the probable outcomes of acquiring such material control; physically, functionally, or ethically.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I like to pray to want the things I have.

Godliness with contentment.
That's a good prayer. Thanks for posting that video. Very good and thought-provoking like anna said. Could probably watch it again and pick up new things.