Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
“Why do you go against the written Word of God?.... You just cannot go against the truth so you merely pretend it is not there.”-God’s”Truth”

I know that I'm engaging in an unproductive "debate," when my opponent spams these stumpers.

“Why do you go against the written Word of God?...."=can be employed on any any topic, to mesmirize the audience...

"You just cannot go against the truth so you merely pretend it is not there"-his Jack Nicholson impression

john w

Hall of Fame
“Why do you go against the written Word of God?.... You just cannot go against the truth so you merely pretend it is not there.”-God’s”Truth”

I know that I'm engaging in an unproductive "debate," when my opponent spams these stumpers:

“Why do you go against the written Word of God?...."=can be employed on any any topic, to mesmirize the audience...

"You just cannot go against the truth so you merely pretend it is not there"-his Jack Nicholson impression

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
In post #7 GT says this:

"Jesus existed in the Spiritual body of the Man Jesus before the creation of anything."

First of all, there was not in existence this man called Jesus until the incarnation because the Angel Gabriel declared to Mary in Luk 1:31 "And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS."
The plain sense is that a human son would be born who had never been born as man before and that He 'shall' upon being born(future) be called by the name Jesus/Yeshua.

Second, the word 'man' in the OT is 'adam' and all true humanity/man proceeded from this one 'man/adam' and his mate 'Eve'. Gen 3:20
Any existent being which did not proceed from the seed of Adam is not truly man/adam/Grk-anthropos.

Though the Angel of YHVH and other angels/messengers appeared repeatedly in the form/likeness/similitude of 'man', these beings were not in reality 'man/adam'.

Though I believe that the person who is the WORD/GOD would later add 'humanity/man/ adam/anthropos' to His person, He only did this once and for all at His incarnation/infleshment.

The word 'man' is not identical to the word 'person'. While all men are persons, not all persons are men. The word 'person' has more to do with 'mind' and 'self-conciousness', which can exist without a physical form. Not all 'persons' have a physical form.

*Edit:
In traditional Christian theological terms, it is the Theanthropos/GOD-man which is called 'Jesus'.

God's Truth

First of all, there was not in existence this man called Jesus until the incarnation because the Angel Gabriel declared to Mary in Luk 1:31 "And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS."
The plain sense is that a human son would be born who had never been born as man before and that He 'shall' upon being born(future) be called by the name Jesus/Yeshua.

Second, the word 'man' in the OT is 'adam' and all true humanity/man proceeded from this one 'man/adam' and his mate 'Eve'. Gen 3:20
Any existent being which did not proceed from the seed of Adam is not truly man/adam/Grk-anthropos.

Though the Angel of YHVH and other angels/messengers appeared repeatedly in the form/likeness/similitude of 'man', these beings were not in reality 'man/adam'.

Though I believe that the person who is the WORD/GOD would later add 'humanity/man/ adam/anthropos' to His person, He only did this once and for all at His incarnation/infleshment.

The word 'man' is not identical to the word 'person'. While all men are persons, not all persons are men. The word 'person' has more to do with 'mind' and 'self-conciousness', which can exist without a physical form. Not all 'persons' have a physical form.

*Edit:
In traditional Christian theological terms, it is the Theanthropos/GOD-man which is called 'Jesus'.

You have not disproved anything I have said. I would really like to reply to what you say here, but it might compromise my one on one with AMR. I wish AMR would respond faster.

john w

Hall of Fame
Isaiah 9:6 KJV
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The humanity, and deity, of the Lord Jesus Christ. Again, the bible is a book of details. It does not say "a son is born."

God's Truth

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The humanity, and deity, of the Lord Jesus Christ. Again, the bible is a book of details. It does not say "a son is born."

You argue about words that do not matter.

This scripture says a Savior is born.

Luke 2:11

King James Bible
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Matthew 1:23
"The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" (which means "God with us").

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anyone can post here who wants to. We can't post on the one to one thread. I think AMR is quite capable of taking care of himself.

oatmeal

John,

Let's ask some questions and look at context

Is there any you have that has not been "given" to you?

Your life?

Your salvation?

Your conception?

God's word?

What exactly did you provide for yourself that didn't already exist?

Will you be given more?

God knows what you need before you even ask.

John 3:16 God gave his only begotten son.

When was the beginning, the gennesis of the son?

Matthew 1:18 Matthew tells us of his beginning.

God created therefore we are able to receive.

Is God done yet?

God had a son whom He gave.

That was His will even before it was announced in Genesis 3:15

God had his plans and He carries them out, including having a son with a beginning and giving him for us.

Context John, Context

JosephR

What do you think?

Well what I think has hardley any meaning to anyone :)

But I am trying to understand AMR's question, is he leading him to say its physical or is he trying to say its physical....

Me personally,,not physical at all,it was for the ones he appeared too after he Rose...but he clearly told Pilate.. "My kingdom is not of this world"

Status
Not open for further replies.