Discussion: Jerry Shugart vs Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by Door

John is saying that if they (John and those who are with John) SAY they (John and those who are with John) are in fellowship, and they (John and those who are with John) are walking in darkness, then they (John and those who are with John) are lying. It is evidence that they (John and those who are with John) would not be believers.

Make sense now you retards?

Probably not, knowing the sub human level of the morons on this site.

All you did was copy what voltaire said here:
If WE (john and his disciples) say that WE (john and his disciples) have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, WE (john and his disciples) lie and do not practice the truth.

Before you continue to copy Voltaire’s exegeses of scriptures, you might want to look at what else Voltaire said earlier in the thread:
Confessing that you are a sinner and believing that Christ will cleanse you from all unrighteousness is what all christians do to become saved. any truly saved christian would understand this concept

Did you confess you were a sinner when you were saved?

Are you a truly saved Christian?

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
a christian cannot walk in darkness PERIOD! 1 John 3:9 Says: whoever has been born of God does not sin, for his seed remains in him; and he cannot sin , because he has been born of God!
END OF STORY

Jerry Shugart

a christian cannot walk in darkness PERIOD! 1 John 3:9 Says: whoever has been born of God does not sin, for his seed remains in him; and he cannot sin , because he has been born of God!
END OF STORY
So are you saying that you have not sinned since you became a Christiam, voltaire?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
END OF STORY

John also said the following:

(1 John 5:16)If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin...........

Door

All you did was copy what voltaire said here:
I did no such thing. You are a liar. I said that at the very beginning. voltaire got it from me. I just repeated it again. YOU cannot pay attention, because you are a retard, who has lost this debate, and your false gospel has come crashing down.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Door, this video of 1 John 1:9 is so simple to understand that even you will be able to understand it.

1 John 1:9

This little girl is probably 6 or 7 years old, yet she understands something you cannot.

Jerry Shugart

You are a liar. I said that at the very beginning. voltaire got it from me. I just repeated it again. YOU cannot pay attention, because you are a retard, who has lost this debate, and your false gospel has come crashing down.
Sometime s I wonder who it is that is the retard on this thread since you obviously do think that the following verses do not apply to you:

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine" (2 Pet.4:2).​

Some people think that they are above the law just as you think that you are above the standards which other Christians attempt to uphold. You defile this forum with your foul language and false accusations against other Christians. You claim to be an expert on every phase of the Scriptures but when it comes to actually following what the same Scriptures say you are above taking that advice.

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" (Eph.4:1-3).​

You can probably give an educated exegesis of those verses but for some reason you think that you are above applying those words to yourself and your behavior.

As Christians we will all stand before the Bema seat of the Lord, and I would not want to be in your shoes on that day.

In His grace,
Jerry

Door

Sometime s I wonder who it is that is the retard on this thread since you obviously do think that the following verses do not apply to you:

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine" (2 Pet.4:2).​
What are you talking about? I'm rebuking you, and I have suffered through it for a long time.

Some people think that they are above the law just as you think that you are above the standards which other Christians attempt to uphold. You defile this forum with your foul language and false accusations against other Christians.

I have been banned dozens of times for my use of some words, and probably will be again soon. And you are a liar, I have not falsely accused you or tetelestai.

As Christians we will all stand before the Bema seat of the Lord, and I would not want to be in your shoes on that day.
I won't be wearing shoes, but I'm sure you will distort some other verse just to prove that we are.

Door

Door, this video of 1 John 1:9 is so simple to understand that even you will be able to understand it.

This little girl is probably 6 or 7 years old, yet she understands something you cannot.
That is child abuse. Any parent who would put that on a child should have their child taken away from them. That's as bad as what they did in the Jesus Camp movie. Very sad.

Door

That video equates Jesus with a goat. That is what it says. I think everyone should watch this video, so everyone will know that tetelastai believes that Jesus is nothing more than a goat god.

How long have you been worshiping and confessing to your goat god?

How very sad for you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That video equates Jesus with a goat. That is what it says. I think everyone should watch this video, so everyone will know that tetelastai believes that Jesus is nothing more than a goat god.

How long have you been worshiping and confessing to your goat god?

How very sad for you.

(Lev 4:23) When he is made aware of the sin he committed, he must bring as his offering a male goat without defect.

Your comment proves how in the dark you really are.

The verse above was shown in the video to show that even in the OT, believers had to make the sins they committed known.

Anybody can watch for themselves, there was no equating a goat to Jesus.

Apparently it is more important for you to be right, then to know the truth.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
John also said the following:

(1 John 5:16)If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin...........

A distinction must be made between exhibiting a sinful nature, and "walking in darkness."

"Walking in darkness" is the habitual enjoyment and practice of unrepentant sin. Such continual sinning exhibits a love of darkness, rather than a love of light.

A Christian might sin, but he grieves over his weaknesses, and there is a constant tension exhibited between spirit and flesh. A Christian repents of many of his actions, confesses his weaknesses, and boldly through prayer, approaches the throne of grace to find help in time of need.

For there the Christian has a great High Priest, Jesus Christ, who has suffered like temptations of the flesh, and who now lives forever to keep the Christian cleansed from his sins. All the sins of the sons of God were imputed to Christ on the cross, and His righteousness was legally imputed to their account, so forgiveness for any lapses into temptation are covered by the blood of Christ.

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ . . .there is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 5:1, 8:1-2

Nang

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Walking in darkness" is the habitual enjoyment and practice of unrepentant sin. Such continual sinning exhibits a love of darkness, rather than a love of light.

Yes, and this is done by believers.

It is also called reversionism, walking in darkness, squelching the Holy Spirit, a state of carnality, grieving the Holy Spirit, or as I put it “out of the bottom circle”

Door

Here are some of the claims of that video, which tetelestai says is "FANTASTIC!!!"

1. Jesus is the same as a goat.

2. If you do not confess your sins, God will punish you like He did Israel.

3. Every Jew who sacrificed a goat was saved.

4. All those Jews were filled with the Holy Spirit.

5. If you sin God does not hear you (So God is not listening when you confess :freak: )

6. The Holy Spirit leaks out of you when you sin (not a very good seal is it).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here are some of the claims of that video, which tetelestai says is "FANTASTIC!!!"

1. Jesus is the same as a goat.

2. If you do not confess your sins, God will punish you like He did Israel.

3. Every Jew who sacrificed a goat was saved.

4. All those Jews were filled with the Holy Spirit.

5. If you sin God does not hear you (So God is not listening when you confess :freak: )

6. The Holy Spirit leaks out of you when you sin (not a very good seal is it).

I hope people watch the video, and then read your synopsis (above)

This way they can see for themselves just who you are, and your comprehension level at the same time.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
END OF STORY

So you teach sinless perfectionism, contrary to the rest of I John? Check the Greek grammar as well as why John is making this strong statement without contradicting previous statements (consistent with Paul and Jesus) about provision IF (vs when) a believer sins.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Yes, and this is done by believers.

It is also called reversionism, walking in darkness, squelching the Holy Spirit, a state of carnality, grieving the Holy Spirit, or as I put it “out of the bottom circle”

There is a difference between an isolated lapse into sin by a believer (I Jn. 1:9) and the ongoing, godless lifestyle of unbelievers (I Cor. 6:9-11).

John uses dualisms to contrast truths: light vs dark is a metaphor...the debate seems to be to what extent do they apply...i.e. is darkness only associated with unbelievers or could it apply to a believer who is not fully living in the light in some choices...context and theological bias will influence this decision (generally darkness would be applied to unbelievers who do not have the Light in their lives, the light/life of Christ). So, I wonder if some verses apply to believers and others to unbelievers and it changes at different points in I Jn.

Status
Not open for further replies.