ECT Did the Body of Christ Really Begin in Acts 2?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's been here much longer than we and you still don't believe it!

No, it's just that he doesn't believe your hyper-Dispensationalism.

You defeat yourself with your own premise.

On one hand you claim believers in Christ were either "kingdom" believers or "body" believers, but on the other hand you claim the Romans were in Christ but in neither one of your groups.

Your MAD is a mess.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yer imaginary body is only accessed through Paul, that's why it's imaginary.:think:
Just another post showing you have no idea what you are talking about, as:

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the New Covenant is made with them when He takes away their sins.

Christ Jesus took away everyone's sins with His shed blood on the cross.

Why would you think some people still don't have their sins taken away?

(John 1:29) The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

lifeisgood

(John 1:29) The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

He came to take away THE SIN of the world and most still have no idea what THE SIN He took away is.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He came to take away THE SIN of the world and most still have no idea what THE SIN He took away is.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

The blood of Jesus was a one time sacrifice for all sins.

(Heb 10:12) But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,

lifeisgood

You have no idea what you're talking about.

The blood of Jesus was a one time sacrifice for all sins.

(Heb 10:12) But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

"for all time one sacrifice for sins".

What part don't you understand?

lifeisgood

"for all time one sacrifice for sins".

What part don't you understand?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Heb 1:3) The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

All sins, of all time, were paid for with the blood of Christ Jesus.

lifeisgood

(Heb 1:3) The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

All sins, of all time, were paid for with the blood of Christ Jesus.

Danoh

Lol, no offense intended Tel, but that's got to be frustrating to you; this merely repeating the verse by LG, and you're trying to make hide or hair of it.

Exactly what this place needs; a little laughing at one self every so often.

Too many on their "We alone are right; everyone else is wrong!" pedestal.

Thanks for the brief respite, LG, and thanks for its being at your expense, Tel.

:devil:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lol, no offense intended Tel, but that's got to be frustrating to you; this merely repeating the verse by LG, and you're trying to make hide or hair of it.

Exactly what this place needs; a little laughing at one self every so often.

Too many on their "We alone are right; everyone else is wrong!" pedestal.

Thanks for the brief respite, LG, and thanks for its being at your expense, Tel.

:devil:

You Darby Followers have lost your minds.

(Heb 10:12) But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God

steko thinks that it's the still yet future when God will take away the sins of Israel.

Apparently steko and other Darby Followers don't understand what "for all time" and "one sacrifice for sins" means.

But then again, I have to realize I'm dealing with people who think that one day in the future certain people are going to once again have to sacrifice animals for sin atonement again.

Dispensationalism is a mess.

Danoh

(Heb 10:12) But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God

steko thinks that it's the still yet future when God will take away the sins of Israel.

Apparently steko and other Darby Followers don't understand what "for all time" and "one sacrifice for sins" means.

But then again, I have to realize I'm dealing with people who think that one day in the future certain people are going to once again have to sacrifice animals for sin atonement again.

Dispensationalism is a mess.

Darby followers; I like the sound of that ...

Hey! I resemble that!

:rotfl:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Preterism is a mess !!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul doesn't want us to be ignorant of the mystery.
Are you still ignorant of the mystery that blindness in part has happened to Israel?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Isa 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun.
When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
Isa 59:20
And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
Isa 59:21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

"Them" ain't us!

When did things get right between you and the Lord, Tet, two-thousand years ago or sometime in the last fifty years?

Are you telling me that when you were born things were already right between you and the Lord, or was there something that you had to do to complete the transaction.

Well, I take it that Paul is saying that though the once and for all sacrifice happened two-thousand years ago, it will not become good for Israel until Israel enters into the relationship.....the same with you and me as individuals.

The covenant is bilateral.

Last edited:

oatmeal

Those few souls on here really wanting an answer to the above question might strongly consider reading the following article in its entirety.

Its a bit lengthy, but chockful from start to finish of strong proofs of the soundness of it's author's answer.

https://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/did-the-church-begin-with-pentecost-of-acts-two/

All others, well, you might want to keep the Apostle Paul's 1 Corinthians 3 warning in mind; it applies to each and every member of the Body of Christ.

The best to you each, in the above.

Yes, it did, there is no scriptural reason to believe otherwise.

It was the first day of this age of grace.

Jesus told them to wait for the promise of the Father. They waited and on the day of Pentecost, this age of grace began.

As they applied themselves to live what they knew about what God and Jesus Christ had given, they learned more until such time that they realized that they were members in particular in the body of Christ.

They did not know it all immediately upon the events of Acts 2, but learned it over time.

That it occurred on a Judean feast does not negate this. Every day of the year Israel was to obey God's laws, not just on feast days.