Did Paul teach obedience?

JonahofAkron

It's a matter of law vs. Spirit. We can not obey the law in our own ability, but by His grace we can obey Him, His Spirit and fulfill the law.
"For God has done, what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit." Romans 8:3-5

"
This is only about justification. We are not justified by the Torah.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Seems you have a problem with this.

"For I know nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability." Romans 7:18

Paul is explaining, in a very exaggerated way, what it is like for one WITHOUT FAITH in God to obey!
The Spirit gives the ability.

"For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live." Romans 8:13

That is about someone who had faith with obedience and was given the Holy Spirit.

That scripture DOES NOT SAY WHAT YOU SAY. That scripture does NOT SAY "The Spirit gives the ability." You repeat the same lie as your false teachers.

Obedience apart from Him is pride.

That doesn't even make sense!!! Who is going to be obedient to God and yet it be wrong?!!!

"For being ignorant of the righteosness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness." Romans 10:3

That scripture is about the Jews not wanting to stop making THEMSELVES CLEAN and JUSTIFIED as God commanded by doing circumcisions, adhering to a dietary law, observing special days, doing various external washings, and sacrificing animals!!!

That scripture is NOT about obeying God being wrong! That scripture is NOT PUTTING DOWN OBEDIENCE TO GOD! Think about it more!

God's Truth

There is no justification for that opinion.

Setting our minds either on our flesh or on Christ and His Spirit is the practical application of a Spiritual life with Christ vs. One apart from Him.

Obeying with the flesh is not wrong! Think about it!

We obey with our flesh.

Obeying THE FLESH IS WRONG. That means living to please the flesh by committing fornication, adultery, murder, etc.

Jamie Gigliotti

Paul is explaining, in a very exaggerated way, what it is like for one WITHOUT FAITH in God to obey!

That is about someone who had faith with obedience and was given the Holy Spirit.

That scripture DOES NOT SAY WHAT YOU SAY. That scripture does NOT SAY "The Spirit gives the ability." You repeat the same lie as your false teachers.

That doesn't even make sense!!! Who is going to be obedient to God and yet it be wrong?!!!

That scripture is about the Jews not wanting to stop making THEMSELVES CLEAN and JUSTIFIED as God commanded by doing circumcisions, adhering to a dietary law, observing special days, doing various external washings, and sacrificing animals!!!

That scripture is NOT about obeying God being wrong! That scripture is NOT PUTTING DOWN OBEDIENCE TO GOD! Think about it more!

Ability, ok you don't like that word. How about power?
"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Do you need His power? Are you weak? Do you need Him?

God's Truth

Ability, ok you don't like that word. How about power?
"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Do you need His power? Are you weak? Do you need Him?

Don't you see how confused you are?

You are preaching to others that Jesus is not the Way. You are in the way of those who can do what he says to be saved, you teach that Jesus saves first then makes you obey.

None of that is true.

Weakness is obedience.

It is about surrendering to God.

How do you ever get that disproves what I have been saying?

Don't you know that you WILL NEVER ENTER THE KINGDOM UNLESS YOU DO SOMETHING? What do you think that is?

Don't you know that the FATHER WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU UNLESS YOU DO SOMETHING? What do you think that is?

I have many more scriptures that prove Jesus is the Way and you have to do what the Way says in order to get to the Father.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galatians 3:10 KJV
(10) For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Prove it.
Romans 1:5 NASB - 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,

Romans 15:18 NASB - 18 For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, resulting in the obedience of the Gentiles by word and deed,

Romans 16:26 NASB - 26 but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith;

2 Corinthians 7:15 NASB - 15 His affection abounds all the more toward you, as he remembers the obedience of you all, how you received him with fear and trembling.

2 Corinthians 10:5 NASB - 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

God's Truth

(10) For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The works of the law is the PURIFICATION WORKS/CEREMONIAL WORKS.

We do NOT have to get circumcised anymore, but we still have to obey Jesus' teachings.

God's Truth

Jesus is the LAMB OF GOD.

What were lambs used for in the old law?!

The lambs blood was used to atone the souls of the people.

It made the people OUTWARDLY CLEAN.

The people HAD TO OBEY, even though it was JUST A TEACHING TOOL, a SHADOW.

Now we have Jesus Christ, the LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY THE SINS OF EVERYONE WHO EVER LIVED OR WILL EVER LIVE.

It does NOT mean we no longer have to obey. It means we no longer have to sacrifice animals, etc.

Ben Masada

This is a curse wished upon those who change the Law. Jesus was of the works of the Law if you read Luke 16:29-31 and he, according to Matthew 23:13-33, did not continue in all things which are written in the book of the Law. What do you say; was Jesus cursed then? You must watch Tambora; you could be voting against yourself.

God's Truth

How do we enter this grace of Jesus, the LAMB of God?

We enter by doing what the Word says to do.

What does Jesus, the WORD, say to do?

Jesus says to come to him.

Believe, repent, obey.

God's Truth

This is a curse wished upon those who change the Law. Jesus was of the works of the Law if you read Luke 16:29-31 and he, according to Matthew 23:13-33, did not continue in all things which are written in the book of the Law. What do you say; was Jesus cursed then? You must watch Tambora; you could be voting against yourself.
You cannot pick and chose what you want to use from the New Testament of the Holy Bible. Either believe all of it or none of it! Because you not believing all of it makes you one who calls God a liar.

Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.
1 John 5:10

Ben Masada

Jesus is the LAMB OF GOD.

What were lambs used for in the old law?!

The lambs blood was used to atone the souls of the people.

It made the people OUTWARDLY CLEAN.

The people HAD TO OBEY, even though it was JUST A TEACHING TOOL, a SHADOW.

*Now we have Jesus Christ, the LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY THE SINS OF EVERYONE WHO EVER LIVED OR WILL EVER LIVE.

It does NOT mean we no longer have to obey. It means we no longer have to sacrifice animals, etc.

*[/SIZE=2] Not really if you ask the Prophets of the Most High. They said that no one can take the sins of another away. Only the one who sinned must die. (Jeremiah 31:30; Ezekiel 18:20)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If Jacob is teaching that ANYONE, Jews or Gentiles, has to be circumcised, or should be---then he is a bitter root teaching falseness.

If he is teaching that Jews or Gentiles have to observe special days, then he is preaching falseness. He is trying to defile many.

If YOU teach we do not have to obey ANYTHING, then you are preaching falseness.
Don't you see how confused you are?

This is fun.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ignorant lie from false teachers. A mantra from false teachers that people take and run with and have never investigated the truth.

It is troubling to hear that someone does not know what the Word of God says.
How is it you do not know?

This is fun.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now we have Jesus Christ, the LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY THE SINS OF EVERYONE WHO EVER LIVED OR WILL EVER LIVE.
You do not want to give up the made up teachings that your teachers taught you.

This is fun.

God's Truth

Not really if you ask the Prophets of the Most High. They said that no one can take the sins of another away. Only the one who sinned must die. (Jeremiah 31:30; Ezekiel 18:20)

I have explained those scriptures to you OVER AND OVER and you cannot deal with what I said, you merely repeat your ignorance.

THOSE scriptures are about God not making fathers suffer for their sons sins without their WANTING, and vice a versa---that has NOTHING to do with God coming as a MAN and sacrificing His blood like the LAMB whose blood atoned for the sins of the people.