Did Paul teach obedience?

God's Truth

You are a Seventh day adventist are you not?

No Paul did not teach obedience to the law, he vehemently opposed obedience to the law for the Gentiles.
He rebuked Peter and called a council of the WHOLE church, all the apostles and all the prophets were there and we have a record of what they and the Holy Spirit decided.

We are to abstain from fornication and blood and that only out of respect for the Jews

If we do that we shall do well.

Paul taught obedience to the new law, the law of Christ, it is the law that includes faith.

Paul rebuked Peter because Peter was afraid of the Jews. The Jews did not want Peter to associate with the UN circumcised Gentiles.

Paul did NOT rebuke Peter for not associating with the NON obeying Gentiles!

Think about what you are saying.

Do you really think that we cannot fornicate and take blood, but we can steal, murder, lie, etc?

God's Truth

Are you saying Paul and Peter did not quarrel? are you saying there was no council at Jerusalem?

Do you disagree with the letter James gave to Paul with the church's decision?

What?

Try reading what comes after the scripture about not fornicating and taking blood.

Read Acts 15:21.

For Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on ever Sabbath.

That scripture shows us that the Gentiles should know what is right and wrong because it has been preached about everywhere and for a long time.

God's Truth

The only commands we have is to believe and to love

Both these are outside of any law. They are according to the inner life of Christ

If you have not murdered someone...that is love.

If you have not bared false witness against someone...that is love.

If you have not committed adultery on someone...that is love.

If you STEAL FROM THEM---THEN IT IS NOT LOVE.

Now can you see why we have to obey?

God's Truth

Jacob, You Can't Obey

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

You say people cannot obey. Paul says people can.

God's Truth

We are called to OBEDIENCE.That is what Paul says.

Romans 1:5
Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.

Romans 16:19
Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

Romans 16:26
but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith—

2 Corinthians 9:13
Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

2 Corinthians 10:6
And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

God's Truth

Obedience to what? Teaching your dog to sit?

Obedient to what? Obedient to the instructions.

Paul expects everyone to be obedient.

2 Thessalonians 3:14 Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed.

God's Truth

The only commands we have is to believe and to love

Both these are outside of any law. They are according to the inner life of Christ

Leviticus 19:18
'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Use the link I just gave you. List every thing Paul said to obey.
Thank you for encouraging me to do this. Here is my list.

We ought to obey God rather than men.

Obey obedience unto righteousness.

Obey the gospel.

Be obedient in all things.

Obey the truth.

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.

Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God;

2 Thessalonians. Obey our word in this epistle.

Wives. To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;

Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,