ECT DID JESUS TEACH SOLA SCRIPTURA?

everready

Queen of Rome, Queen of Islam, Queen of All

Queen of Rome, Queen of Islam, Queen of All

Your system comes complete with an image that speaks.

My sign is emerging. God wills it thus. Only my children recognize it, as it reveals itself in secrecy, and they praise the Eternal One for it. Today I cannot reveal my power to the whole world. I must withdraw with my children. In secrecy I will perform miracles on the souls until the number of sacrifices has become full. ?Then I can reveal myself to the whole world?[2]

Soon, I will come, my children! Soon, I will be in your midst with a great light. I will enlighten the entire world. Many souls will cry because they did not listen to my call. ?I will pass above everyone in a cloud and everyone will see me. What will become of those who insulted me and made a laughing stock of me? ?I will come soon, my sons, to travel through the entire world. I will give a great sign in the sky for those who will still want to be saved. All those who have recourse to me, who have a look of repentance, this will be sufficient to save them.[3]

I wish to also tell you that before my apparitions end completely, I shall be seen by every denomination and religion throughout this world. I will be seen among all people, not for just a moment, but everyone will have a chance to see me. As I appeared in Zeitoun, I shall appear again so everyone may see me. Pray and help my plans to be realized, not just here, but throughout the world.[4]

http://biblebelievers.com/tetlow/queenofall01.html

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

i don't understand why you think this is all a big joke?

everready

Jerry Shugart

Post #450

That post says nothing about the difference between an "unconditional" statement and a "conditional" statement.

Did someone tell you that Rome has been given the right to edit the Scriptures by turning "unconditional" statements into "conditional" ones?

This is just one more example of Rome's unmitigated gall! And you are just as guilty as Rome because you defend Rome's teaching.

Last edited:

Cruciform

i don't understand why you think this is all a big joke?
I think it's absolutely hilarious that anyone is still ignorant enough to believe such long-discredited and transparently false pseudo-history, since everything you're posting here is a complete crock. For example, see this, this, this, and this. Case closed.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Jerry Shugart

Post #450

That post says nothing about the difference between an "unconditional" statement and a "conditional" statement.

Did someone tell you that Rome has been given the right to edit the Scriptures by turning "unconditional" statements into "conditional" ones?

This is just one more example of Rome's unmitigated gall! And you are just as guilty as Rome because you defend Rome's teaching.

Soror1

Strictly speaking, there's really no essential difference.

Wow--Wall of Text! I read it (and most of the comments), in addition to Mathison's response here.

Here is the bottom line:

I do believe that there is a principled difference between sola scriptura and solo scriptura, but I am convinced that the difference is all but invisible to those who are convinced that the evidence for Rome’s claims is strong. Once Roman Catholic presuppositions are accepted, the difference I allege disappears. For those of us not persuaded of the claims of Rome, the difference is not only real, but obvious.​

In other words, the issue is who is the Church.

No, since all teachings of Tradition are at least implicitly contained in Scripture, and vice versa. One Traditional doctrine that comes to mind, however, which is virtually absent from Scripture itself is the Canon of the Bible.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

You can't mean that you think there is nothing in Scripture to guide in the determination of Canon.

Appealing to the basic authority of Scripture is not the same as sola scriptura. Catholics---who reject sola scriptura---do the former. So did Jesus Christ.
How do you distinguish between a "tradition" and a "commandment"?

Cruciform

That post says nothing about the difference between an "unconditional" statement and a "conditional" statement.Did someone tell you that Rome has been given the right to edit the Scriptures by turning "unconditional" statements into "conditional" ones?This is just one more example of Rome's unmitigated gall! And you are just as guilty as Rome because you defend Rome's teaching.
Post #450

Cruciform

In other words, the issue is who is the Church.
I agree that this is the central and defining question at the heart of the division between Catholicism and Protestantisms: "What is 'the Church'?"

You can't mean that you think there is nothing in Scripture to guide in the determination of Canon.
There is no "inspired table of contents" in the Bible itself, that is, nowhere in Scripture is the documentary content of the Bible spelled out or explicated. Thus, the biblical canon cannot be derived from "Scripture alone" (sola scriptura). One must go outside of the Bible to determine its proper content. In other words, the definition of the biblical canon comes from Tradition.

How do you distinguish between a "tradition" and a "commandment"?
Here is a good concise explanation of Tradition. I also recommend this.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

republicanchick

anti-Catholics never know history well

and/or they get their "history" from the comic books at the local book store

If you read history (meaning reliable historical books, which would exclude the one written by the infamous Boettner who blatantaly lied about the Church)

you will find that there was ONE Christian Church (still is) up until the 16th century

people who know history realize this. People who do NOT know history and especially those who CHOOSE not to study it... wouldn't "know" it even if they knew it.. if u get my drift...

so...

I say, let them do their own homework. Anyone who is TRULY interested in Jesus Christ will be curious about Catholicism.. (if nothing else)

"Seek and you will find; knock and th door will be opened"

OR

you can just keep your mind shut and continue in the bliss known as ignorance... which usually only lasts until the End comes..

+++

StanJ

anti-Catholics never know history well
and/or they get their "history" from the comic books at the local book store
If you read history (meaning reliable historical books, which would exclude the one written by the infamous Boettner who blatantaly lied about the Church)
you will find that there was ONE Christian Church (still is) up until the 16th century
people who know history realize this. People who do NOT know history and especially those who CHOOSE not to study it... wouldn't "know" it even if they knew it.. if u get my drift...
so...
I say, let them do their own homework. Anyone who is TRULY interested in Jesus Christ will be curious about Catholicism.. (if nothing else)
"Seek and you will find; knock and th door will be opened"
OR
you can just keep your mind shut and continue in the bliss known as ignorance... which usually only lasts until the End comes..

StanJ

The church at Acts 2 was not the Body of Christ but instead Israel in her religious unity.
Read my proof on that thread.

The Fellowship of the Believers in Acts 2:42-47 (NIV) was the beginning of the Body of Christ.
I'll be glad to read your thread on this issue...where is it?

Jerry Shugart

The Fellowship of the Believers in Acts 2:42-47 (NIV) was the beginning of the Body of Christ.

You provide no evidence. On my thread titled "The 'Church' at Acts 2 Was Not the Body of Christ" provides evidence to support my view.

If you want to provide actual evidence which supports your view you can do it there.

Last edited:

Cruciform

The church at Acts 2 was not the Body of Christ but instead Israel in her religious unity.
No one with a brain stem, who is even casually familiar with Christian history and theology, is going to buy into your fabricated "two churches" claim. Pedal it elsewhere.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Jerry Shugart

No one with a brain stem, who is even casually familiar with Christian history and theology, is going to buy into your fabricated "two churches" claim. Pedal it elsewhere.

As usual, you are a big talker. But when it actually comes to exegisis the only thing that you prove is that you are totally confused.

Prove that you are not just talk and go to my thread and attempt to prove what I said there is in error. I dare you!

Cruciform

As usual, you are a big talker. But when it actually comes to exegisis the only thing that you prove is that you are totally confused.
Many would say exactly the same thing about you and your "MAD" nonsense. It's convincing only to those who have already submitted to the assumptions and opinions of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, and to no one else.

Prove that you are not just talk and go to my thread and attempt to prove what I said there is in error. I dare you!
No need, since it's already been done by your fellow Protestants on this forum (see your own thread). :yawn:

Back to Post #475 above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 14:26 Modern English Version (MEV)

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So how is this not sola scriptura to the apostles and bishops from the One true and Holy God through the Holy Spirit?