ECT DID JESUS TEACH SOLA SCRIPTURA?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In order to justify your (mis)application of Eph. 4:11, you need to account for all of the biblical information discussed here

If whatever "here" says is your own words then post it. If "here" was written by Jim Jones then I don't care to read it.

Now back to Post 219, okay?

Cruciform

If whatever "here" says is your own words then post it. If "here" was written by Jim Jones then I don't care to read it.
It was written by neither, though it accurately reflects my own beliefs, which is precisely why I cited it. Your transparent excuse for avoiding relevant information, however, is noted.

Now back to Post 219, okay?
Already answered (Post #226).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

rougueone

The Bible is the written element of God's word (Divine Revelation); Tradition is the unwritten aspect of God's word. St. Paul taught these two aspects of Divine Revelation in 2 Thess. 2:15, 1 Thess. 2:13, etc.

God speaks to us through both Scripture and Tradition as understood according to the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

cruciform, When ones eternity is at stake, I side with extreme caution. I keep my eye's and heart in Scripture. Let God-Jesus be the decider of traditions.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
cruciform, When ones eternity is at stake, I side with extreme caution. I keep my eye's and heart in Scripture. Let God-Jesus be the decider of traditions.

Catholics love legalese. Instead of saying "We just don't know", they needed to cook up a theory to explain that which is admittedly supernatural.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

so why did Jesus build His church
give peter the keys
and
ask peter to feed His sheep?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've been His follower for most of my life. What is it that you're asking exactly?

I does not seem that you are totally against Sola Scriptura. It seems as though you are searching for truth concerning the doctrine. Are you?