Did God create animals to live for a while and then die?

Sevenz

Hello folks!

The serious questions that I want to pose are these:
  1. Did God create animals to live for a while and then die?
  2. Prior to Adam & Eve disobeying God (“sinning”), did the animals die?
I would greatly appreciate knowing what you think about this. Please tell me what your view is on the matter and the reason why.

My actual experience with two pet dogs I have had over the past 25 years is that their lifespans proved to be 12 and 13 years. Sadly, in both cases I had to have a Vet put them to sleep in order to alleviate their suffering. Even though my having them “put down” was an act of kindness, it still proved to be the most absolute hardest thing I’ve ever had to do in life.

I find it extremely Interesting that Revelation 21:4 promises that reasons for crying will be eliminated. Please notice what it says:

“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” (King James Version)

How could there be no more tears and no more sorrow if a person’s beloved animal is short lived? Seemingly, the answer can only be that there will come a time when animals will NOT die. Therefore, does this not add weight to the idea that animals did not die originally?! And isn't it only reasonable that God intends on resurrecting the animals that once enjoyed life?

I eagerly await your response.

Last edited:

Bradley D

Have not seen anything in the Bible about having pets, except Job 41:5 that reads of making pets out of birds. I have had dogs and cats over the years. They have passed away. It hurts to lose a good friend. It would be nice to met their souls in the next world.

Right Divider

Body part
I hope that you're not one of those who will eat their own dog for "dinner".

After the Flood of Noah's day God gave mankind permission to kill certain animals for food. I seriously believe if people themselves had to slaughter the beef they eat that there would be a whole lot less beef consumed.
I seriously believe that if people themselves had to refine gasoline from crude oil (that they drilled into the ground to get) that there would be a whole lot less people driving cars.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I seriously believe if people themselves had to slaughter the beef they eat that there would be a whole lot less beef consumed.
RD was ridiculing the form of your argument

for example:

I seriously believe if people themselves had to grow, harvest and process all the corn they eat that there would be a whole lot less corn consumed.

Right Divider

Body part
The fact of the matter is that BOTH of you missed my point, apparently because (unlike most humans) slaughtering animals is easy for you to do.
I understood your point perfectly. It was your silly and nonsensical argument that I had issue with.
There are tons of things that we do not do ourselves because the division of labor is what makes civilization possible.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... slaughtering animals is easy for you to do.
Sure is. Slaughtering animals and cooking and eating them.
Used to have a forge too, and did some blacksmithing :)
Grown crops, harvested them and eaten them too.

I feel sorry for anybody who hasn't had those experiences.

Right Divider

Body part
If you only had enough knowledge you would never eat pork to begin with. It was for good reason that the Creator instructed the Israelites to not eat pork and certain other "unclean" meats. Before I learned better, I used to absolutely love eating "Spam" covered with BBQ sauce and fried. To me it was like getting to eat spare ribs without having to bother with the bones.
There is a world of difference between "pork" and "spam".
Most assuredly, I still hold to what I previously said: "I seriously believe if people themselves had to slaughter the beef they eat that there would be a whole lot less beef consumed."
Again, what does what have to do with your topic?

There are MANY things that aren't so great to do yourself.

I seriously believe that if people themselves had clean their own septic tanks there would be a whole lot less poop made.

Hilltrot

Back to the original topic.

If you read the Bible, the concern is only about people. Only extreme and needless cruelty to animals like cooking a baby goat in it's mother milk is prohibited. At no point that I know of does property or animals gain greater worth than people. This idea doesn't come come around until later. Only in modern times do pets take precedence over human beings.

The death of animals is integral to creation. Animals have always killed each other for food even if we haven't eaten them for food.

There is no evidence of pets or animals being resurrected in the Bible. I'm sure that something like that would be mentioned if it was going to happen. I suggest to those who feel bad about this to form attachments to other human beings and not to animals.

Right Divider

Body part
Please do enlighten me. Spam is made from Ham and Ham is pork.
Spam is made from a tiny bit of pork and a lot of other garbage. That is completely different than just pork.
Ask the one that said "dinner".
No thanks.
What would be nice for you (and the others) to do is to actually ADDRESS MY TOPIC and cease with the bickering.
The simple and obvious answer to your first two questions is: No.