Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

My understanding is that the Son does not predate the Father, but I have no evidence of this.

Consider that the son is the exact image of the Father so the son came after the Father. The Father was alone until he created his image. Heb 1

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Keypur, what does "eternally" mean?
Consider that the son is the exact image of the Father so the son came after the Father. The Father was alone until he created his image. Heb 1

keypurr

Keypur, what does "eternally" mean?

If God created all through his son then then son was created before time itself.

An image needs a subject to be an image of, God was alone before he created his exact image.
All images are creations. Can you name one that is not created?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If God created all through his son then then son was created before time itself.

An image needs a subject to be an image of, God was alone before he created his exact image.

All images are creations. Can you name one that is not created?

You didn't answer my question.

Keypurr, what does "eternally" mean?

keypurr

I am not sure what you are saying.

The son is the express IMAGE of the Father, the Father is a spirit, so is the son. The son was used by the Father to created everything in heaven and earth. Heb 1, Col 1:15. The Son is the Lord of ALL creation, made so by his Father.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The son is the express IMAGE of the Father, the Father is a spirit, so is the son. The son was used by the Father to created everything in heaven and earth. Heb 1, Col 1:15. The Son is the Lord of ALL creation, made so by his Father.

I do not know why you imply that Jesus is a spirit or that the Father is a spirit.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You just don't get it JR. I fully answered your question.
Jesus was born many years after the creation, but the logos was at the creation.
No, you didn't.

And once again, you have dodged my question.

Keypurr, please answer the question I ask, and not the question I did not.

What does "eternally" mean?

Danoh

Yes, Jesus was born as flesh when He became flesh and blood and dwelt among us.

The triune GOD could not purchase with HIS own blood unless at least one of them (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) were to have blood.
So when scripture says GOD purchased with HIS own blood, we know that the Son was of the triune GOD.

Acts 20 KJV
(28) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Actually, the passage is Trinitarian - Paul has been going back and forth between describing the different roles of all Three Members of the Godhead among the Ephesians through Paul's ministry.

Paul then wraps things up with his mention of all Three Members of the Godhead, in that verse.

Acts 17:11, 12.

Danoh

I do not know why you imply that Jesus is a spirit or that the Father is a spirit.

Lol - keypurr's point goes to show that even a stopped clock is still right, at least twice a day.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

That's another Trinitarian verse, by the way.

Nehemiah 8:8

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Lol - keypurr's point goes to show that even a stopped clock is still right, at least twice a day.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

That's another Trinitarian verse, by the way.

Nehemiah 8:8
The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are the same Spirit I am believing, even though the words mean or describe something different.

keypurr

I did not say Jesus was a spirit, I said the true Son is a spirit. The Son at the creation was NOT Jesus, it was the Spirit he was give at his anointing, remember the dove. The logos (true Son)became flesh in the body prepared for him/it, see Heb 10:5.

keypurr

No, you didn't.

And once again, you have dodged my question.

Keypurr, please answer the question I ask, and not the question I did not.

What does "eternally" mean?

Yep, I did, but your to blind to see it. You try to dodge the subject matter all the time, but even time itself, as we know it, was created. The world was not created just 6000 years ago friend.

The logos is an IMAGE, it was the Fathers first creation and he was pleased that it/he contained his fullness. He had a beginning proved because he is a clone of his creator. Heb 1:3, Col 1:15.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I did not say Jesus was a spirit, I said the true Son is a spirit. The Son at the creation was NOT Jesus, it was the Spirit he was give at his anointing, remember the dove. The logos (true Son)became flesh in the body prepared for him/it, see Heb 10:5.
I do not know how to answer you. But I do have an idea.

keypurr

The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are the same Spirit I am believing, even though the words mean or describe something different.

The word "spirit" is confusing.

The Hebrews had three words that were translated as spirit.

keypurr

Is Jesus God become a man, or a man who is God come to earth, or neither?

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father,[/B] of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

I believe like Paul.

I have one God, YHWH and one Lord, Jesus Christ. I see only the Father s God as his son serves him and tells you in John that his Father is the ONLY true God.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.