Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

You must absolutely hate Christmas...

I hate all the junk in Christmas, its not about Christ it is about greed.

Christ was born in Sept not Dec as the RCC set up for the approval of the pagans.

Dec 25 should be named Santa day, not Christmas.

keypurr

There you have it folks.....Jesus was "just a body." Nothing special about Him at all...until the "Spirit Son" came into Him, then and only then, did Jesus become unique.

The fact that he was given the Militha makes him very special Doc. But you do not understand that.

drbrumley

The fact that he was given the Militha makes him very special Doc. But you do not understand that.

He was given the Militha huh? Which is exactly what I said you believe.

How about we define terms here for the rest of our audience....

Militha is a what?????

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
I hate all the junk in Christmas, its not about Christ it is about greed.

Christ was born in Sept not Dec as the RCC set up for the approval of the pagans.

Dec 25 should be named Santa day, not Christmas.

Christmas is simply the christened Winter Solstice. It's current traditions most likely came to full blossom when the Christian fief was dealing with the Germanic tribes whose traditions closely resemble the same.
In other words, Santa was Odin, replaced him with Saint Nicholas, and otherwise Christianized it altogether.

This is the same with Halloween as well. The Irish as well as other societies shared observance celebrating the dead, which is where we got the tradition. The Church however made it about the saints and switched it to what is otherwise called 'All Saint's Eve'.

These things were necessary because it was simply easier to get people on board without too much hostility- you can't just squeeze every ounce of everything from a culture like a sponge and expect it's going to be fine, especially cultures that are armed and rebellious.

It's pretty stupid to get bent out of shape about these holidays because they nonetheless work and I'm pretty sure God isn't going to destroy the world over decorated trees and jack o lanterns.

drbrumley

The fact that I was given the Holy Spirit when saved makes me special too. So try that on someone else. Before this spirit son of God came into Jesus (your words, not mine) Jesus was a nobody...why you can't admit it is beyond me.

Dartman

Conflating contexts.... good job.

(Joh 1:14 KJV) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(Joh 1:18 KJV) No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
(Joh 3:16 KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(Joh 3:18 KJV) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(1Jn 4:9 KJV) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
Paul tells us WHEN AND HOW Jesus became "the only begotten son" of Jehovah/YHVH God;
Acts 13:29-35 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.
30 But God raised him from the dead:
31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.
32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,
33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that He hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art My Son, this day have I begotten thee.
34 And as concerning that He raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer Thine holy one to see corruption.

1 Cor 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Jesus IS "the only begotten son" ........ so far. When he returns to this earth, then ALL the righteous will be "begotten:
1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
From the perspective of justification. As a Jew you already know that only God can forgive. Animal sacrifice as a mean to atone for sin remains a custom or practice for the preparation of Jesus' coming. Jesus is the Lamb.

However how much sense does it make to you to say that sacrificing an animal can atone for your sins? How much sense does it make to you to say that sacrificing a lamb can atone for a sin (of murdering) ?

In the end, only the self sacrifice of God Himself can justify the atonement of the sins of all mankind.

Here may be a close analog (or not, it's up to you to decide),

A nest of bees are to be executed due to the fact that they attacked humans. The owner of the bees would like to cut one of his own figures off in order to save his nest of bees, under the circumstance that the Law says that it's justifiable.

In this case, it doesn't make sense to just kill an innocent bee to save the rest. Justification won't work this way. It is the cutting off of the figure of the innocent man which justifies the saving.

I think you have said something here that is impossible for me to understand. I do not know if you designed it that way.

Hawkins

I think you have said something here that is impossible for me to understand. I do not know if you designed it that way.

Which part you failed to understand?

I simply said that "the sacrifice of a man can atone for the sins of all mankind" is not as justifiable as the self sacrifice of God Himself.

Only God Himself made a self sacrifice which can justify the atonement of sins of all mankind!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Which part you failed to understand?

I simply said that "the sacrifice of a man can atone for the sins of all mankind" is not as justifiable as the self sacrifice of God Himself.

Only God Himself made a self sacrifice which can justify the atonement of sins of all mankind!

Do you believe that Jesus died for your sins? That you would be granted forgiveness and the free gift of eternal life?

Rosenritter

Paul tells us WHEN AND HOW Jesus became "the only begotten son" of Jehovah/YHVH God;
Acts 13:29-35 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.
30 But God raised him from the dead:
31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.
32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,
33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that He hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art My Son, this day have I begotten thee.
34 And as concerning that He raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer Thine holy one to see corruption.

1 Cor 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Jesus IS "the only begotten son" ........ so far. When he returns to this earth, then ALL the righteous will be "begotten:
1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The word "begotten" typically is used in the sense of conception.

Matthew 1:20-21 KJV
(20) But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
(21) And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

The sense of "begotten meaning "raised from the dead' doesn't seem to fit the sense of what is being described here in Hebrews. Jesus referred to God as His Father years before he was raised from the dead. Yet all three events in Hebrews would be satisfied with his conception by the Holy Spirit, if they are being spoken of in parallel.

Hebrews 1:5-6 KJV
(5) For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
(6) And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

So, Acts 13:33, are you sure that (the way you suggested, resurrection) is the only way it can be reasonably read?

Acts 13:33 KJV
(33) God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

It also could be understood in that the fulfillment of the Son is the promise made unto their fathers, and that in raising up Jesus it affirms that Jesus was indeed that Son of God.

Consider also,

Matthew 3:16-17 KJV
(16) And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
(17) And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

How would Jesus first be an son of God (unbegotten) and then begotten after the fact?

In your favor, I do see how "begotten" is used in 1 John 5:1, 18, also Revelation 1:5. But here (following) is what throws the monkey wrench into play, concerning what is likely meant by "only begotten son of God."

1 John 4:9 KJV
(9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

The sense of that passage doesn't quite match if Jesus was sent into the world without being his only begotten Son, and was only begotten after the fact of his being sent. I suggest that "begotten" might be used in more than one sense in these scriptures, and that "only begotten Son" should not be confused with "first begotten of the dead" and "begotten of God." I don't think those are meant to be the same.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're be incorrect there, because he also says he is.

LA, you're going about this backwards. You're supposed to take what is stated as "IS" before worrying about the how and the why. The model has to follow the known facts and results, not the other way around of seizing hold of a model and and clinging to that in spite of the facts and known results.

Acts 20:28, the church of God hath been purchased with his own blood
Revelation 1:8, 17-18 the Alpha and Omega is the Almighty, the first and the last, he that liveth and was dead and is alive for ever more.
2 Th 2:8, more - Jesus was he that liveth and was dead and is alive for ever more
1 Timothy 2:5 - Christ Jesus is our mediator between God and men, as a ransom for all
1 Th 1:10, more - Jesus is from heaven and in heaven and shall return in like manner as he last ascended, every eye shall see him

But what are you using for your model? It sounds like you have the biblical Unitarian Greek Philosophical "perfect God" of a spirit that is cold, distant, unseeable, untouchable, and above all cannot be harmed and as such is devoid of passion or emotion, kept free from taint because it never touches the evil physical world. Sort of like a Trinity First Person concept.

Jesus is Gods Son.

You have no mediator between you and God.

You do not know the man.

LA

Dartman

The word "begotten" typically is used in the sense of conception.

Matthew 1:20-21 KJV
(20) But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
(21) And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

The sense of "begotten meaning "raised from the dead' doesn't seem to fit the sense of what is being described here in Hebrews. Jesus referred to God as His Father years before he was raised from the dead. Yet all three events in Hebrews would be satisfied with his conception by the Holy Spirit, if they are being spoken of in parallel.

Hebrews 1:5-6 KJV
(5) For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
(6) And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

So, Acts 13:33, are you sure that (the way you suggested, resurrection) is the only way it can be reasonably read?

Acts 13:33 KJV
(33) God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

It also could be understood in that the fulfillment of the Son is the promise made unto their fathers, and that in raising up Jesus it affirms that Jesus was indeed that Son of God.

Consider also,

Matthew 3:16-17 KJV
(16) And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
(17) And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

How would Jesus first be an son of God (unbegotten) and then begotten after the fact?

In your favor, I do see how "begotten" is used in 1 John 5:1, 18, also Revelation 1:5. But here (following) is what throws the monkey wrench into play, concerning what is likely meant by "only begotten son of God."

1 John 4:9 KJV
(9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

The sense of that passage doesn't quite match if Jesus was sent into the world without being his only begotten Son, and was only begotten after the fact of his being sent. I suggest that "begotten" might be used in more than one sense in these scriptures, and that "only begotten Son" should not be confused with "first begotten of the dead" and "begotten of God." I don't think those are meant to be the same.
[/quote]Billions of people have been conceived. There are only three exceptions to that rule... Jesus, Adam and Eve. But there is ONLY ONE human being that has been "begotten from the dead". Jesus is "the only begotten (from the dead) son."
The Scriptures you quoted, and a couple you didn't quote, DO say Jesus is the son of God, by virtue of God's power causing Mary to conceive. I have never, and will never deny that God's power caused Mary to conceive
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The holy spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

keypurr

Christmas is simply the christened Winter Solstice. It's current traditions most likely came to full blossom when the Christian fief was dealing with the Germanic tribes whose traditions closely resemble the same.
In other words, Santa was Odin, replaced him with Saint Nicholas, and otherwise Christianized it altogether.

This is the same with Halloween as well. The Irish as well as other societies shared observance celebrating the dead, which is where we got the tradition. The Church however made it about the saints and switched it to what is otherwise called 'All Saint's Eve'.

These things were necessary because it was simply easier to get people on board without too much hostility- you can't just squeeze every ounce of everything from a culture like a sponge and expect it's going to be fine, especially cultures that are armed and rebellious.

It's pretty stupid to get bent out of shape about these holidays because they nonetheless work and I'm pretty sure God isn't going to destroy the world over decorated trees and jack o lanterns.

Crucifer if folks paid more attention to the meaning of what Jesus Christ came for instead of making money and feeding the greedy people who only want your money I might feel better about it. But Christmas comes with a lot of Pagan baggage.

Most folks follow their traditions not realizing where they come from. I know your sincere in your religion but that does not make it right. That goes for all of us. What if we are wrong? It took me many years to see that You and I are the church, not the social club in the brick building on the corner of the street.

keypurr

The fact that I was given the Holy Spirit when saved makes me special too. So try that on someone else. Before this spirit son of God came into Jesus (your words, not mine) Jesus was a nobody...why you can't admit it is beyond me.

The Militha is not the Holy Spirit Doc. It is the EXPRESS IMAGE SON OF THE MOST HIGH. It was given the POWER and fullness of his CREATOR. YHWH created all through this SPIRIT SON. There is only ONE Militha.

Jesus Christ is our Lord, not our God. Only YHWH is greater than Christ.

keypurr

Billions of people have been conceived. There are only three exceptions to that rule... Jesus, Adam and Eve. But there is ONLY ONE human being that has been "begotten from the dead". Jesus is "the only begotten (from the dead) son."
The Scriptures you quoted, and a couple you didn't quote, DO say Jesus is the son of God, by virtue of God's power causing Mary to conceive. I have never, and will never deny that God's power caused Mary to conceive
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The holy spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

[/QUOTE]

I read someplace that the Hebrew word translated as "begotton" means only one, one of a kind.

I have not gone into a study of it but I will soon.

Dartman

Hmmmm..... apparently the ability to "like" someone's post, and the ability to edit my own posts, is not granted to Newbies???

glorydaz

Billions of people have been conceived. There are only three exceptions to that rule... Jesus, Adam and Eve.

Jesus was conceived. In a womb. :chew:

Luke 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

Dartman

Jesus was conceived. In a womb. :chew:

Luke 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
You are correct. I didn't word my response appropriately.
I should have said,
"Billions of people have been conceived by normal means."

Both Adam and Jesus are called "the son of God";

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

But, Jesus is the only human being to be "begotten from the dead" to immortality..... so far.
Rev 1:5-6 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.