Dexter

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I watched the entire series of Dexter over several days a couple of weeks ago.

That was a good show!

Dexter was a child that witnessed his mother beaten up and sliced up by killers when he was only about 3 years old, and sat there in a pool of blood and body parts for a couple of days before anyone found him.

One of the police officers that found him, adopted him.
It wasn't long before the officer (Harry) noticed there was something "different" about him, especially when he started killing small animals in the neighborhood.

Long story short, Dexter is a serial killer.
His father (Harry) decides that since he cannot rid Dexter's inner feelings, he will teach Dexter to control it.
He is going to have to kill in order to calm his inner feelings.
So the dad (Harry the cop) teaches him to live by a code ---- only the truly deserving should be killed.

If someone gets off on a technicality, Dexter will abduct him and take him to his kill room to administer justice.
Cut the body into pieces, place the pieces in several garbage bags and dump them in the bay.

Dexter works as a lab tech (expert in blood splatter patterns) for the police dept.
He's not a cop, doesn't carry a gun, and gets to stay in the background.
But is privy to police investigation and info.

It was an interesting concept.
Use a serial killer to clean up the streets!!!!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nick, it certainly isn't for kids.
It has language and of course some bloody scenes.

But the characters and the plot script were fantastic!
And there was not one single episode that was boring!

One thing I liked about it was that it was not dark and gloomy.
Ya know, when the screen is so dark you can barely tell what's going on.
I hate that.
In this show, even the kill room was fully lighted.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was too irritated at the author. Years and years ago I thought of an idea for a novel I wanted to write about a serial killer who preyed on serial killers. I talked about it over those years to all sorts of people who liked where I was heading it, but I never got around to the labor of setting it out. Now, ah well. The only good thing that came of it was another idea using the same characters, except the priest I had in the principle role (long story), and murder. A few alterations and a new odd twist later I might be about to write it...I was taking Jack to the splash pad the other day when I saw the beginning, which had been a sticking point for me. So who knows. Maybe I'll dig into it after I finish A Year in Summer. :think: Could be fun.