Denver Bible Church: Where sick people... die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Denver Bible Church: Where sick people... die!

Wednesday October 6th, 2004. This is show #200.

PERTINENT QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

Denver Bible Church is the place you can come, worship, be sick and die. It's the right church for you. You can be sick here and it's okay. It doesn't mean you're harboring unconfessed sin. It doesn't mean you have little faith. It means you have a bacteria or a virus or a genetic deficiency. That's it. You're sick and you can even die and no one will look down on you for it.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You mean you don't have to worry about being slapped in the forhead for the demons to leave your body?

(Trying to picture Bob doing this.) :darwinsm:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by philosophizer

I could picture Bob doing that because someone's a moron, but not cuz they're sick.
:up: :chuckle:

wholearmor

I called into this show to discuss Howard Stern and Pete Coors with Bob. That was the first time I'd called in. I enjoyed it.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by wholearmor

I called into this show to discuss Howard Stern and Pete Coors with Bob. That was the first time I'd called in. I enjoyed it.
Good call. And yes, it is fun. I've called in a few times myself over the years.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Cool! When was this?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

This past Wednesday, October 6.
:duh:

I guess I should have read the part where you said "I called in to this show". :doh:

wholearmor

Originally posted by Poly

:duh:

I guess I should have read the part where you said "I called in to this show". :doh:

I was going to be a nice guy and simply let that one go. :chuckle:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I was going to be a nice guy and simply let that one go. :chuckle:
:eek:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Sometimes I wish certain sick people would die:
jjjg
JustAChristian
STONE
elohiym
brother Willi...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I was kidding, STONE. It was a joke. But those who are sick, with wickedness will die in judgment. So my wish will come ture, but not necessarily involving those whom I named.:think:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
It is commendable that sick people are not judged or manipulated in the church (my wife has MS). We need to show compassion and avoid heresies like all will be healed or prosper if we have the right formulas (presumption vs faith).

It is not commendable to dispensationalize away the power of God to heal. The Foursquare Church (Jack Hayford, etc....I am not a member of this denomination) recognizes that Jesus is the Savior, Healer, Baptizer (in the Spirit), and coming King.
Despite theologies that put God in a box, Jesus still heals and delivers by the power of the Spirit. We should pray in faith for the sick that they would be healed, as well as recognizing His sovereignty to not heal everyone (sometimes there are hindrances to healing, including unbelief and sin). This honors God and His Word and demonstrates compassion.

We are in a fallen world, and do not have glorified bodies yet. We are subject to viruses, bacteria, etc. This does not preclude the Kingdom of God breaking forth and touching us in spirit, soul, or body.

We hashed things out in the thread "Miracles lead to unbelief". I do not wish to start again here, but like the churches in Revelation, Denver can be commended and rebuked in this area.

God is glorified as His power and love are demonstrated even in the area of physical healing. We continue to trust Him even if many are not healed. He is God, we are not.

I want to be like Daniel and do exploits for our God in the name of Jesus. This includes the Gospel of salvation, healing, and deliverance (wholeness in our being).

Do not throw the baby out with the bathwater because of some flakey 'healing evangelists'. Our practice should be based on sound exegesis of the Word, not experiential anecodotes (I disagree with this aspect of Mid-Acts).

Jesus comes to give abundant and eternal life. Satan comes to rob, kill, and destroy. Death and sickness are enemies. I would not boast that our church is impotent to see people helped.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by godrul

We should pray in faith for the sick that they would be healed, as well as recognizing His sovereignty to not heal everyone (sometimes there are hindrances to healing, including unbelief and sin). This honors God and His Word and demonstrates compassion.
Sin and disbelief are not reason for not receiving healing. If God does not heal He has his reasons, yes, but these are not reasons. In fact, the main reason God doesn't heal is because He created the body to heal itself and sometimes He lets it do so. And sometimes it doesn't. So what? If it's someone's time to go, it's their time to go...

Do not throw the baby out with the bathwater because of some flakey 'healing evangelists'. Our practice should be based on sound exegesis of the Word, not experiential anecodotes (I disagree with this aspect of Mid-Acts).
Do you know the definition of miracle? Acts 9 dispensationalism does not deny that miracles [including miraculous healings] do occur today. But they do know, according to scripture, that they are not as widespread as they were in Jesus' time and a short period of time after His ascension. And Acts 9/12 out shows why, with scripture.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by lighthouse
Sometimes I wish certain sick people would die:
jjjg
JustAChristian
STONE
elohiym
brother Willi...
Not willing to work to bring it about, are you...? :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.