Denver Bible Church & Freak

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Duder

I find it very odd that I jump to the defence of BillyBob - but hey! One must occasionally give the devil his due.

Next time, could you choose a different metaphor, please? :chuckle:

Duder

Over 750 post club
Sorry about that, friend.

Uh... how about Ginges Kahn? Attilla the Hun? George Lincoln Rockwell?....:chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Denver Bible Church & Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Denver Bible Church & Freak

Originally posted by BillyBob

What evidence do you have that supports your claim?
A. God told me He did it. :D The Bible is evidence. It may not be compelling evidence to you but it is evidence none the less. (at least I have evidence... you have none).

Oh and then their is always science....

B. Matter and energy do in fact exist.

C. It is a scientific fact that matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed (naturally).

D. Therefore something supernatural created these things.

I will stick with science... you can believe in magic if you like.

Ah, funny you should mention logic. There is nothing logical about religion, it comes down to matters of faith. But, if you want to bring logic into the discussion, what logical reason do you have for your view that the Spiritual realm can interact directly with the physical realm? And, what logical reason do you have to support your view that God created anything?
See above.

Hmmmm, I keep hearing about the 'Book of BillyBob', but I have yet to receive a check from my publisher.
Oh trust me... everything will get settled up in the end.

That's up to you, Knight. I don't think there is any danger in considering all possibilities.

I am not claiming that I am right, I am simply postulating an alternative viewpoint. Why should compel me to give your view any validity.
What should compel you?
My view is logical, rational and doesn't break any unbreakable laws of science.

Your view is illogical (matter creating itself), irrational (matter creating itself out of nothing) and unscientific.

Therefore my view is a much more feasible view in every respect.

Actually, No I didn't. A possibility is that the Universe may be in an eternal state of expansion and contraction. Therefor, there would be no beginning. Therefor, it didn't create itself and neither did God.

C'mon, you can do it. Concede that I did not say that the Universe created itself out of nothing.
OK, so now you appeal to an eternally existing universe which is just as unscientific and illogical.

Energy becomes more and more useless, which is a scientific fact. If the universe had existed eternally (into the past) there would simply be no more usable energy left. Therefore that gap has been closed by science. Matter and energy came into existence at a point and time in the past - proved by science. Gap closed.

Again.... you are forced to break scientific laws to hold your view.

I prefer science.... you can stick with magic.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
You are the guy who believes in magic, Knight. You accept the Bible literally which is full of illogical, unscientific magical events.

But besides that, if energy and matter can be neither created nor destroyed, then the same amount of both that was in the universe at the beginning of creation is still there. Soooooooooo, that being the case, there is no scientific reason that the universe cannot be eternal.

Oh wait, you have magical energy in your universe that becomes more and more useless over time. Very scientific!! At what point does your magical energy become entirely useless? Do you have a particular date in mind? Your magical energy is only about 6000 years old now, what percent of it has become useless? If we can figure that out, we can calculate the end of time! :noway:

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Knight in his divine armour posted:

I have no problem with metaphors they help us to understand what God is really saying and in fact God uses figures of speech all the time in the Bible.

Dimo:

The "miracles" never cease. I agree.

Tuetonic Knight posted:

Care to discuss any specific cases?

Dimo:

How about Genesis, all of it?

Oh but wait we've already done that many times. You still believe in "supernatural" miracles for which there is no evidence. And I keep pointing out that your tendency to see metaphorical truths as literal truths inhibits you from considering other possibilities. You refuse to admit that perhaps the metaphors, which appear to be literal "supernatural" events to you, are figurative representations of our spiritual nature and origins in the natural world.

Come on Knight is this really that difficult?

You remind of a child who tries to make things difficult so that he/she can avoid the truth.

The other day I was watching the biography of Rasputin. The historian kept saying that Rasputin definitely had some healing powers. He then gave the evidence that convinced him, I was not convinced.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh wait, you have magical energy in your universe that becomes more and more useless over time. Very scientific!! At what point does your magical energy become entirely useless? Do you have a particular date in mind? Your magical energy is only about 6000 years old now, what percent of it has become useless? If we can figure that out, we can calculate the end of time! :noway:
Dude... don't embarrass yourself.

Energy does run out, or become more and more useless! It's called entropy... you know.... the second law of thermodynamics???

Did you really not know that fact?

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by Knight

I think you are a flaming idiot with your head so far in sand you have no idea what to think.

That is what I think.

Methinks that Knight has used too much into word "idiot". Also methinks is Jesus one day saying to Knight: shutup you idiot, and stand back. I dont know you.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

Methinks that Knight has used too much into word "idiot". Also methinks is Jesus one day saying to Knight: shutup you idiot, and stand back. I dont know you.
Actually I think Jesus would say....

"Stand back Knight... let Me call these fools idiots!"

ShadowMaid

I don't take it literally, but I do take it very seriously.

Anyway, I mainly wrote that to make Freak's head explode. [That would be a great smilie!]

:ExplodingFreakHead:

Could you please define the words "literally" and "seriously" in your own words?

So you basicly just said things, that may not be true in your case, just to tick someone off... *tsk tsk*. And even if you do believe all that stuff, it's twisted pretty badly.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Knight

Dude... don't embarrass yourself.

Energy does run out, or become more and more useless! It's called entropy... you know.... the second law of thermodynamics???

Did you really not know that fact?

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics demonstrates that energy will dissipate under the right circumstances. It does not say that the energy becomes useless. If you would like some good links describing entropy, let me know.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by ShadowMaid

Could you please define the words "literally" and "seriously" in your own words?

I take the spiritual teachings of the Bible seriously. I do not accept things like 6 day creation, Adam and Eve or Noah's Ark literally.

So you basicly just said things, that may not be true in your case, just to tick someone off... *tsk tsk*.

Yes, I'm sure that I am the first person ever to do such a thing. :rolleyes:

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Knight posted:

I think you are a flaming idiot with your head so far in sand you have no idea what to think.

That is what I think.

Dimo:

Well thank you Knight. Coming from you I consider this a compliment.

But out of curiosity, please why don't you tell me what I should think.

ShadowMaid

I take the spiritual teachings of the Bible seriously. I do not accept things like 6 day creation, Adam and Eve or Noah's Ark literally.

Why not? It says so right in the Bible.

Yes, I'm sure that I am the first person ever to do such a thing. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I've said things that I don't believe just to tick someone off, but as a Christian, I'm trying to change that and become pure in mind. I may not ever become perfect, but I'm supposed to strive for such an image. I hope that you will too.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by ShadowMaid

Why not? It says so right in the Bible.

So?

I'm sure I've said things that I don't believe just to tick someone off, but as a Christian, I'm trying to change that and become pure in mind. I may not ever become perfect, but I'm supposed to strive for such an image. I hope that you will too.

If being a Christian means that I have to accept wacky mythology as reality, I don't want any part of it. Fortunately, it does not. Thus, my occasional jabs at fundamentalist thinking. It's all for the common good. :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

Nice wishful thinking. Dream on :chuckle:
I suppose I could fashion my own whip and start chasing people around with it.... or would that be "un-Christian"? :rolleyes:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If being a Christian means that I have to accept wacky mythology as reality, I don't want any part of it. Fortunately, it does not. Thus, my occasional jabs at fundamentalist thinking. It's all for the common good. :D
So then.... you trade "wacky mythology" for unscientific magic? :nono:

ShadowMaid

So?

Well, isn't the Bible the foundation of Christianity?

How are you telling mythology from truth? Are you just making God into what you think is possible? Do you believe that God is the Almighty God? And that he can do anything?