Denver Bible Church & Freak

Freak

It may surprise you, with my rebukes of Enyart, but I agree with all of DBC's official doctrinal statement:

There is one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen. There is one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.

Through Him all things were made. For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven: by the Holy Spirit He became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man.

For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered death and was buried.

On the third day He rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory. With His saints He will judge the living and the dead.

And His kingdom will have no end. There is one Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father. With the Father and the Son He is worshipped. He has spoken through the prophets and through the Scriptures.

God established the Body of Christ into which the Holy Spirit baptizes every new believer. God offers salvation by grace through faith alone in the resurrected Christ.

The Bible records the true history of man including that God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them in six literal days; only eight people survived a global flood; through great wonders God delivered Israel from Egypt; the prophets, Christ, and the apostles performed many supernatural miracles.

The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, in their original state, are the inspired Word of God.

God legislated morality out of love for His creation.

Men who reject God will suffer eternal damnation.

Christ commands His followers to rebuke and to judge with righteous judgment and to forgive those who repent.

One day God will resurrect the dead, punish the unbelievers, and reward those whom He has justified with the life of the world to come.

Amen.

Way to go DBC!!!! :up:

What's your thoughts on their doctrinal statement?

Last edited:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Re: Denver Bible Church & Freak

Originally posted by Freak

What's your thoughts on their doctrinal statement?
I've read it before and I didn't see anything I disagree with. I'm not big on SOFs though. So many of them are so much alike, but as you can see from all the divisions within the body of Christ, there's much more to a church's doctrine than what makes the SOF.

smaller

BANNED
Banned
Six days of God and six days of man are different.

The scriptures themselves do not say they are ALL the inspired Word of God. God's direct Words and the Words of Jesus Christ are direct WORDS OF GOD.

Paul admitted he spoke in part and in darkness. This places Paul's words as less than the Primary.

God wrote the law to THE LAWLESS. The lawless never had any intention of following the law, nor will they ever. The lawless are even LESS inclined to LOVE. (see all "believers" who would see others eternally tortured.)

The ONLY THING that counts is faith that works through love.

Most believers positions will quickly derail when it comes to understanding sin and judgment. The WAR starts the instant THE WORD comes to them.

They will judge THEMSELVES clean and OTHERS guilty. This is only further evidence that SIN indwells ALL. And they will use this FALSE JUDGMENT to condemn others for what is also in THEM and they will use this FALSE JUDGMENT to NOT LOVE because they are SLAVES of that which is IN THEM.

NO PERSON will have SINS accounted to them, nor will God TORTURE family, friends, babies, suicides, etc. He is NOT a divine Hitler nor does He take delight in BURNING PEOPLE in torture.

What a sicko world this is. So called "christians" epitomize this sickness or rather that which is in them. This is why Jesus called this a WICKED and EVIL generation.

You are all here CHILDREN OF GOD to PROVE LOVE. If you fail it is understandable.

Satan is quite an adversary. You are proof of it when you DO NOT LOVE.

BChristianK

Originally posted by smaller

[

NO PERSON will have SINS accounted to them, nor will God TORTURE family, friends, babies, suicides, etc. He is NOT a divine Hitler nor does He take delight in BURNING PEOPLE in torture.

What a sicko world this is. So called "christians" epitomize this sickness or rather that which is in them. This is why Jesus called this a WICKED and EVIL generation.

You are all here CHILDREN OF GOD to PROVE LOVE. If you fail it is understandable.

Satan is quite an adversary. You are proof of it when you DO NOT LOVE.

You are a one issue man Smaller, and unfortunately, you can't substantiate that one issue logically or biblically.

Here's an example of a debate on Smaller's one issue:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13428

Grace and Peace

Last edited:

Cyrus of Persia

The Bible records the true history of man including that God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them in six literal days; only eight people survived a global flood; through great wonders God delivered Israel from Egypt;

Talk it to the historists, archealogists, geologists. They probably can get big laugh about how ignorant people are. The Bible IS NOT AND NEVER BEEN MEANT by the authors to be scientifical book. It was meant to be book about who God is and what He has done.

I also dont think i need to go through all we all know that "day" in the bible can be translated also as "certain period", etc etc...

What about the men, who dont get chance to choose God by different reasons?

One day God will resurrect the dead, punish the unbelievers, and reward those whom He has justified with the life of the world to come.

About "unbelievers" read my question above. What about those "whom He has justified" and who keep killing their neighbours with hatred, lack of care, and heart full of condemnation?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

There is one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

Perhaps God had nothing to do with the creation of the universe. He is, after all, Spirit, not Physical.

There is one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God,

Jesus called himself the 'Son of Man'. Besides, we are all 'Sons of God'.

eternally begotten of the Father, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.

Jesus said that we all could be his equal in our relationship with God. That is the 'Good News'.

Through Him all things were made.

There's a topic just waiting to be debated.

For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven: by the Holy Spirit He became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man.

:shut:

For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered death and was buried.

Maybe.

On the third day He rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

Yes, a spiritual ressurection.

He will come again in glory. With His saints He will judge the living and the dead.

:rolleyes:

And His kingdom will have no end. There is one Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father. With the Father and the Son He is worshipped. He has spoken through the prophets and through the Scriptures.

Does that include the Dahmapada?

God established the Body of Christ into which the Holy Spirit baptizes every new believer. God offers salvation by grace through faith alone in the resurrected Christ.

The Bible records the true history of man including that God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them in six literal days;

Uh oh, 'Myth Alert!'

only eight people survived a global flood;

:darwinsm:

through great wonders God delivered Israel from Egypt; the prophets, Christ, and the apostles performed many supernatural miracles.

Define 'supernatural'?

The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, in their original state, are the inspired Word of God.

Yes, but written by men and are fallacious in many instances.

God legislated morality out of love for His creation.

Define 'Eternal damnation'?

Christ commands His followers to rebuke and to judge with righteous judgment and to forgive those who repent.

Oh boy, more fuel for righteous indignation. :doh:

One day God will resurrect the dead,

Yuck! That sound horrible. Besides, the libs keep claiming that the world is overpopulated as it is, now we're gonna add to it with a bunch of smelly corpses? There goes the neighborhood!

punish the unbelievers,

:rolleyes:

and reward those whom He has justified with the life of the world to come.

The Kingdom is here and now, yet you do not see it.

Last edited:

cur_deus_homo

I agree with much of it, namely the parts that simply restate what has already been codified in the ancient creeds of the church. The problem with this doctrinal statement and others like it is that it tacitly promotes the idea that each individual group of believers should have a doctrinal statement that defines what they or their leaders can ALL agree to or should agree to; i.e. the doctrinal statement becomes a rallying point when members of the group encounter others from different groups, Christian or otherwise. "This is what 'we' believe ... you believe something different. Now we must divide over the differences." This in turn feeds the mentality that one's church is living rightly because there is full agreement and thus unity within the group. This is not Christian unity, however, it is nothing more than the heard phenomenon applied to human social relations. If we all stick close to each other in a great big mass of Bible-believing people each one of us will be less likely to be "picked off" by Satan. This is not Christian unity, it sows fear and a false sense of security.

billwald

All such statements are for the purpose of excluding people. Years ago I worked for a guy . . . the only thig he ever said that I agreed with is "The purpose of a test is to flunk you."

okinrus

I don't like the statement of faith because one could disagree with some points and remain entirely orthodox. Why is the number of days God creates the world any more important than the number of days someone was formed in the womb?

The Bible records the true history of man including that God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them in six literal days; only eight people survived a global flood; through great wonders God delivered Israel from Egypt; the prophets, Christ, and the apostles performed many supernatural miracles.

cur_deus_homo

Originally posted by okinrus

I don't like the statement of faith because one could disagree with some points and remain entirely orthodox. Why is the number of days God creates the world any more important than the number of days someone was formed in the womb?
Because the BIBLE says so! Don't you see? Don't you see? :rolleyes:

The Bible is our greatest statement of faith as Christians. Now let's get down to the work of what it "means" and then maybe we will see that analyzing individual church's statements of faith will be just a distraction.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: Denver Bible Church & Freak

Re: Re: Denver Bible Church & Freak

Originally posted by BillyBob

Perhaps God had nothing to do with the creation of the universe. He is, after all, Spirit, not Physical.
BB... do you really believe that?

If so.... that would be the most idiotic worldview I have ever heard of! Far more stupid then raw atheism.

In other words... you are professing that there is an eternal God that existed and at some point during that existence a universe created itself out of noting by sheer chance having nothing to do with this eternal God.

And then this universe evolved various systems and structures and eventually life by sheer chance. And then finally this life came aware of this eternal God even though he had nothing to do with their existence.

This is all utterly ridiculous and embarrassing.

Fellowship week is fast approaching so let me get this off my chest now....

You are an idiot.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Re: Re: Re: Denver Bible Church & Freak

Re: Re: Re: Denver Bible Church & Freak

Originally posted by Knight

BB... do you really believe that?

[Originally posted by BillyBob
Perhaps God had nothing to do with the creation of the universe. He is, after all, Spirit, not Physical.]

If so.... that would be the most idiotic worldview I have ever heard of! Far more stupid then raw atheism.

Why is it stupid? It is quite possible that God created nothing at all. Even TOL's most celebrated Christian will tell you that God is Spirit only. If he is physical, where does he live?

In other words... you are professing that there is an eternal God that existed and at some point during that existence a universe created itself out of noting by sheer chance having nothing to do with this eternal God.

Sure, it seems quite plausible. After all, how much force can a spirit have on things physical? And what is the difference whether I am right or you are right? It doesn't change anything in our lives.

And then this universe evolved various systems and structures and eventually life by sheer chance. And then finally this life came aware of this eternal God even though he had nothing to do with their existence.

You've been reading the 'Origins' threads again, haven't you?

This is all utterly ridiculous and embarrassing.

I didn't realize you were so easily embarrassed.

Fellowship week is fast approaching so let me get this off my chest now....

You are an idiot.

Feel better now?

So, where were we? Oh yes, you were about to prove the validity of your view........

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: Re: Denver Bible Church & Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Denver Bible Church & Freak

Originally posted by BillyBob

Why is it stupid? It is quite possible that God created nothing at all. Even TOL's most celebrated Christian will tell you that God is Spirit only. If he is physical, where does he live?
"If He is physical where does He live?????"

Who says He is physical?

Due to the fact that God is spiritual AND supernatural He has power over ALL things spiritual AND phyisical..... He, and He alone is capable of creating matter and energy from nothing.

How do YOU explain matter and energy creating themselves from nothing?

Oh yea.... I forgot.... you can't. :rolleyes:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Denver Bible Church & Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Denver Bible Church & Freak

Originally posted by Knight

"If He is physical where does He live?????"

Who says He is physical?

Nobody, but I am wondering how God can manipulate the physical world in any way if He exists in the Spiritual realm.

Due to the fact that God is spiritual AND supernatural He has power over ALL things spiritual AND phyisical..... He, and He alone is capable of creating matter and energy from nothing.

I don't agree that God works in the physical realm at all. He is a spirit and only through us is He made physical.

How do YOU explain matter and energy creating themselves from nothing?

I never said that they did.

Oh yea.... I forgot.... you can't. :rolleyes:

Repeat: I never said that they did.

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo

Cyrus of Persia,

Is Jesus God the Son?

Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

Yes, i believe, He is. Why you are asking?
I'm glad to hear that, Cyrus. I ask because you said,
Talk it to the historists, archealogists, geologists. They probably can get big laugh about how ignorant people are. The Bible IS NOT AND NEVER BEEN MEANT by the authors to be scientifical book. It was meant to be book about who God is and what He has done.
Jesus affirmed that all of the Old Testament is God's authoritative word. (See post #30 and the beginning of post #32 of "The Right Stuff".) He specifically referred to the Genesis accounts of Creation and the Flood as true historical accounts:

• And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?" Matthew 19:4-5 (also Mark 10:6-8)

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24

"And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. " Luke 17:26-27

So Cyrus, why do you trust the theories of historians, archealogists, and geologists over the testimony of the LORD himself?

• It is better to trust in the LORD
    Than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8

I also dont think i need to go through all we all know that "day" in the bible can be translated also as "certain period", etc etc...
"So the evening and the morning were the nth day."

Suppose God really did mean "day" when He said "day" in Genesis 1. How could He possibly make that more clear? It seems to me the narrator is going out of his way to communicate that these were normal-lengthed days. And He reinforced that He created in six regular days when He gave the ten commandments:
[/list]"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it." Exodus 20:8-11[/list]

Last edited:

smaller

BANNED
Banned
you "fundies" really ought to brush up on your "day" understandings.

We are expressly told that to God a DAY is as A THOUSAND YEARS...and A THOUSAND YEARS as a DAY.

We are in the SIXTH DAY of MANkind (according to God's Accounting) approaching the SEVENTH DAY of GOD'S Sabbath REST wherein NO MAN can work.

These things were written AS EXAMPLES of THE GOOD THINGS yet to COME.

Even "thousand" is a figurative word in the text as is DAY, as is NIGHT, as is MORNING.

It is no wonder unbelievers see "christians" as idiots.