Delmar's immigration bill

HerodionRomulus

Don't avoid the point.

Why do you think laws that are intended to encourage the hiring of citizens are stupid and unjust.
Do you think a business should do whatever it wishes? They already are, at least in this matter, and their greed has fueled the influx of illegal aliens.

Opposing restrictions on employment just encourages more people to come here illegally. Isn't that what you want to stop.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
HerodionRomulus said:
Don't avoid the point.

Why do you think laws that are intended to encourage the hiring of citizens are stupid and unjust.
Do you think a business should do whatever it wishes? They already are, at least in this matter, and their greed has fueled the influx of illegal aliens.

Opposing restrictions on employment just encourages more people to come here illegally. Isn't that what you want to stop.
The law you proposed was unjust, in quite a few ways, moron. There are just ways to punish those who knowingly hire illegal immigrants.:rolleyes:

HerodionRomulus

Lighthouse said:
The law you proposed was unjust, in quite a few ways, moron. There are just ways to punish those who knowingly hire illegal immigrants.:rolleyes:

Then explain the quite a few ways. Preferably without unloving and unChristian language. All that does is show how dark your house is.

Tinark

DelMar, I like your immigration plan. :up:

Fairly simple, fair to the immigrants and to U.S. citizens/businesses, solves the main problems with the way things are currently being done, and provides a reasonable compromise between those who want completely open boarders and those who want strict immigration enforcement . Sadly, I don't have any confidence in our elected officers to implement such an elegant plan. They will try to pass some B.S. bandaid solution which will fail miserably; lather, rinse, and repeat.

Nothing will be solved until we get a president who will actually lead our nation--a president who will get things done and will not give up until congress passes the needed reforms. I'm not holding my breath.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tinark said:
DelMar, I like your immigration plan. :up:

Fairly simple, fair to the immigrants and to U.S. citizens/businesses, solves the main problems with the way things are currently being done, and provides a reasonable compromise between those who want completely open boarders and those who want strict immigration enforcement . Sadly, I don't have any confidence in our elected officers to implement such an elegant plan. They will try to pass some B.S. bandaid solution which will fail miserably; lather, rinse, and repeat.

Nothing will be solved until we get a president who will actually lead our nation--a president who will get things done and will not give up until congress passes the needed reforms. I'm not holding my breath.
Not holding your breath is a good idea.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
HR-
You know what was unjust about that idiotic proposal you made. So shut it.

HerodionRomulus

Lighthouse said:
HR-
You know what was unjust about that idiotic proposal you made. So shut it.

So you think it's idiotic to expect the laws to be obeyed.
Your opinions are not worth much.

YOU were the person on another thread who couldn't find the passage of Scripture I was discussing, even though it was cited and quoted in my signature line.
Then when your inability to read the Bible was exposed, you suddenly stopped posting.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
HerodionRomulus said:
So you think it's idiotic to expect the laws to be obeyed.
Your opinions are not worth much.
You're an idiot. I have no problem with laws being obeyed, when they are just laws. However, the idea you proposed was unjust, so stuff it.

YOU were the person on another thread who couldn't find the passage of Scripture I was discussing, even though it was cited and quoted in my signature line.
Then when your inability to read the Bible was exposed, you suddenly stopped posting.
What the hell are you talking about?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
HerodionRomulus said:
PROFANITY!

Where is a moderator?
You see that little stop sign shaped icon, with the "!", at the top right of my post? Click on it. It'll take you to a page where you can report my post. Go ahead and report me.

HerodionRomulus

Lighthouse said:
You see that little stop sign shaped icon, with the "!", at the top right of my post? Click on it. It'll take you to a page where you can report my post. Go ahead and report me.

"By your command" :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So W says we are going to close the southern border. Anyyone holding their breath?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nazaroo said:
Late breaking news:

You have no borders.
There aren't enough police to enforce your plan.
There isn't enough cooperation of the population to impliment your plan.
There isn't the political will to impliment your plan.
The USA is going to hell in a handbasket.

Save a few of those inflatable thingys for yourselves. You might want to make a raft.
I was talking to a friend today about why it is that we incarcerate immigrants who commit crimes in the US instead of just deporting them. The reason, of coarse, is that they will just come back and be free. If, however, we did whatever it takes to secure our borders first there would not be a need to keep all those criminals in our prison system. Since it is estimated that at least 10 % of the us jail and prison population is composed of illegal immigrants deporting them would go a long way toward freeing up resources that could be used for border security.

ItIsWritten

Border issue bait and switch

Border issue bait and switch

Delmar said:
So W says we are going to close the southern border. Anyyone holding their breath?
Not.

A crisis of confidence by Alan Keyes

During his speech Monday night, President G.W. Bush acknowledged in a breathtaking understatement that, "We do not have full control of the border." If this were the beginning of his first term, and he had expressed a determination to correct the failed policies of a predecessor, that statement might imply no dereliction of duty in his administration. As things stand, it represents an acknowledgement that under his administration the federal government has failed to fulfill one of its clearest and most vital responsibilities. Many Americans are wondering why.

The question raises serious doubts as to the credibility, not only of the present administration, but of the national political elite of both parties. The president and others suggest that we must urgently address the crisis of the millions of immigrants who are in this country illegally. But this crisis is the direct result of years of willful neglect by political leaders who have sought their own political advantage and profit for their financial backers, at the expense of America's vital interest. This they have done during a period of war against the insidious threat of terror, when the danger to our national security could hardly have been more explicit. We have the right to be more than a little doubtful about the credibility of politicians who tell us that we must urgently dash forward to resolve a problem greatly aggravated by their own willful incompetence.

Right now, their lack of credibility is the issue. Rushing National Guard troops to the border is just the kind of temporary palliative that would suit the purposes of politicians seeking to manipulate public perception. They think that a gullible public will buy this as a substitute for the serious institutional and legal changes that are necessary to secure the border. With security concerns momentarily placated, they move forward with their real goal, a guest-worker *** amnesty program that assures a supply of cheap labor for some corporate interests, while providing new opportunities for illegal entrants to mask their unlawful status. When public attention shifts elsewhere, the National Guard's role (designed to be ineffective to begin with) is phased out, and the border is left more wide open than before.

...By dismissing such comprehensive measures as "militarization," the president implies we can deal with a dramatically altered situation by incrementally expanding old approaches that he acknowledges to be a failure. This suggestion has no credibility, and it only serves to aggravate the suspicion that the real agenda is not to secure the border, but to secure certain political and financial advantages for some people at the expense of the people as a whole. If we are concerned with the common good, we cannot and will not be satisfied until comprehensive measures are in place to establish lasting and effective control of the border.

Finally, it was unfair and disingenuous of the president to suggest that people like me – who favor this essential priority – envisage indiscriminate and mass deportation as the proper way to address the situation of the illegal immigrants who have already been in the United States for some years. We are not averse to opening a proper path to citizenship for any who truly wish to be Americans (a wish signified, among other things, by eagerly learning the common language that allows our diverse population to communicate). But if we take steps in this direction without first securing the border and establishing a regime of vigorous enforcement for our immigration laws, any move to open this path will rightly be regarded around the world as a signal that we lack the political will to maintain and defend our border and our national identity. To insist, as the president has, on a "balanced and simultaneous approach," gives the appearance of moderation, but really continues the policies of extreme and willful neglect that have produced this crisis. more...

--end of excerpt--

I smell a GOP defeat coming on...

Last edited:

HerodionRomulus

"I smell a GOP defeat coming on.."

Yes, it'a a very pleasant scent.

Something must be wrong---I agree with what Keyes said. It is just a feint.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Delmar said:
a work in progress.

Step 1. Seal the borders.

Step 2. Anyone caught trying to sneak across the border will be beaten and returned across the border he is trying to sneak across. ( If they snuck into Mexico or Canada it should not be our problem.)

Step 3. Anyone who wants to come here to work should be allowed to. Their finger prints will be scanned and they will be required to find work within 30 days or return home.

Step 4. Anyone here illegally must report to the local police station within 30 days to provide a scan of their finger prints and apply for a temporary guest worker permit.

Step 5. Anyone caught breaking any law after the 30 day grace period will be beaten and returned to their country of origin

Step 6. Any temporary worker who apllies for public assistance will be returned to their country of origin. If they try to sneak back in see step 2.

Uh...I'm okay until step five. Let's just send them packing, shall we?

nowheredude

Delmar said:
I was talking to a friend today about why it is that we incarcerate immigrants who commit crimes in the US instead of just deporting them. The reason, of coarse, is that they will just come back and be free. If, however, we did whatever it takes to secure our borders first there would not be a need to keep all those criminals in our prison system. Since it is estimated that at least 10 % of the us jail and prison population is composed of illegal immigrants deporting them would go a long way toward freeing up resources that could be used for border security.
I heard it was more like 30%