Delmar's immigration bill

Shalom

Dread Helm said:
What if they're from Cuba and they're swimming to Florida?

We will package them up real pretty and send them home, then we will demand some fine cigars for our services. :BillyBob:

Christine

Delmar, a question. What about those from countries where their freedoms are being restrained (ie. Cuba, China) who came here illegally because they're country might not have allowed them to come legally. What would you do with them?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Christine said:
Delmar, a question. What about those from countries where their freedoms are being restrained (ie. Cuba, China) who came here illegally because they're country might not have allowed them to come legally. What would you do with them?
deardelmar said:
Step 4. Anyone here illegally must report to the local police station within 30 days to provide a scan of their finger prints and apply for a temporary guest worker permit.

Silk Queen

deardelmar said:
a work in progress.

Step 1. Seal the borders.

Step 2. Anyone caught trying to sneak across the border will be beaten and returned across the border he is trying to sneak across. ( If they snuck into Mexico or Canada it should not be our problem.)

Step 3. Anyone who wants to come here to work should be allowed to. Their finger prints will be scanned and they will be required to find work within 30 days or return home.

Step 4. Anyone here illegally must report to the local police station within 30 days to provide a scan of their finger prints and apply for a temporary guest worker permit.

Step 5. Anyone caught breaking any law after the 30 day grace period will be beaten and returned to their country of origin

Step 6. Any temporary worker who apllies for public assistance will be returned to their country of origin. If they try to sneak back in see step 2.

All is good but maybe step 2 should be something different not sure exactly what else would make them know the Americans mean business.
The Americans are fed up but will that change anything?

Nazaroo

Late breaking news:

You have no borders.
There aren't enough police to enforce your plan.
There isn't enough cooperation of the population to impliment your plan.
There isn't the political will to impliment your plan.
The USA is going to hell in a handbasket.

Save a few of those inflatable thingys for yourselves. You might want to make a raft.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nazaroo said:
Late breaking news:

You have no borders.
Sadly true.
There aren't enough police to enforce your plan.
Not right now, no
There isn't enough cooperation of the population to impliment your plan.
you could be right, but there should be!
There isn't the political will to impliment your plan.
Right again.
The USA is going to hell in a handbasket.
You are on a roll.
Save a few of those inflatable thingys for yourselves. You might want to make a raft.
The fact that the government is not likely to do the right thing is no reason not to challenge them to do so.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Silk Queen said:
All is good but maybe step 2 should be something different not sure exactly what else would make them know the Americans mean business.
The Americans are fed up but will that change anything?
No way. Step 2 . is the second most important step.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christine said:
It is my understanding that we have options to accommodate them legally do we not?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Someone from Cuba or China should not try to sneak through but should come to a border crossing or a port and apply for asylum. If they try to sneak through our border, they should be punished for it but should not, as a general rule, have to return to such an oppressive regime.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
deardelmar said:
Someone from Cuba or China should not try to sneak through but should come to a border crossing or a port and apply for asylum.
It's best to refuse them asylum and send them back where they came from.

It will teach them to clean up their own house and not go around bothering everybody else...

Nazaroo

Here's some interesting information on this topic:

http://smirkingchimp.com/
John Chuckman: 'Oh, say, can you see xenophobia in a land of immigrants?'
Posted on Monday, May 01 @ 09:08:58 EDT (1167 reads)

John Chuckman
"One of the important things here is that we not lose our national soul."
-- George Bush​
Was George Bush speaking of some truly shattering event in American affairs? Perhaps the imprisonment and torture of thousands of innocent people? Perhaps the lack of democratic legitimacy in his own coming to power?

No, what Bush was describing is a version of the American national anthem in Spanish - Nuestro Himno (Our Anthem) - which was played on American Hispanic radio and television stations recently.

Now, in many countries with multi-ethnic populations, most people would see this as charming and flattering. Canada's anthem has two official versions, French and English, and were a group of immigrants to offer it in Ukrainian or Mandarin, most Canadians would be tickled. It would undoubtedly be featured on CBC.

But in America, the broadcast of a Spanish version of The Star Spangled Banner has aroused a somewhat different response. Charles Key, great great grandson of Francis Scott, offered the immortal words, "I think it's despicable thing that someone is going into our society from another country and ... changing our national anthem."

HerodionRomulus

You forgot Step 7
Any employer who hires an undocumented alien will be fined 100,000 per person for the first offense. The second they are convicted of a felony and given 5-15.
By "any employer" it means the person who did the interview, who did the hiring, the board of directors, the managment including COO and CEO.
Toss some of the Walton family into jail and see how quickly employers begin asking for proof of citizenship or residency documentation. Toss Bill Frist in jail for having illegals do his landscape on his mansion. Toss Bush in jail because the fed. govt gives contracts to companies which hire illegals. The Buck Stops Where????

Stop the Demand and the supply will dry up.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
HerodionRomulus said:
You forgot Step 7
Any employer who hires an undocumented alien will be fined 100,000 per person for the first offense. The second they are convicted of a felony and given 5-15.
By "any employer" it means the person who did the interview, who did the hiring, the board of directors, the managment including COO and CEO.
Toss some of the Walton family into jail and see how quickly employers begin asking for proof of citizenship or residency documentation. Toss Bill Frist in jail for having illegals do his landscape on his mansion. Toss Bush in jail because the fed. govt gives contracts to companies which hire illegals. The Buck Stops Where????

Stop the Demand and the supply will dry up.
you must have been reading someone else's proposed immigration bill because that step is not in my plan.

HerodionRomulus

deardelmar said:
you must have been reading someone else's proposed immigration bill because that step is not in my plan.

Why isn't it?
Is it ok by you for outlaw employers to break the law? Is it ok provided they do it in the name of Money and More Profits?
Why are you content to allow our children to see by example that breaking the law is good when done for money?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
HerodionRomulus said:
Why isn't it?
Is it ok by you for outlaw employers to break the law? Is it ok provided they do it in the name of Money and More Profits?
Why are you content to allow our children to see by example that breaking the law is good when done for money?
It's an unjust and stupid law.

HerodionRomulus

deardelmar said:
It's an unjust and stupid law.

So???????? The War to Liberate Iraqi Oil is unjust and evil. Can I withold my taxes to keep them from going to support this stupidity?

Is this the moral lesson you give to your kids? YOU decide what law YOU want to obey and just ignore the rest.
Sarcasm alert
Heck, I think laws against bank robbery are stupid. It keeps me from getting rich so I'll just ignore it and tell the judge that MY opinion overrules his law.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
HerodionRomulus said:
So???????? The War to Liberate Iraqi Oil is unjust and evil. Can I withhold my taxes to keep them from going to support this stupidity?
Getting rid of Saddam was just and you are a fool!
Is this the moral lesson you give to your kids? YOU decide what law YOU want to obey and just ignore the rest.
I didn't hire anyone. I simply spoke out against an unjust law!
Sarcasm alert
Heck, I think laws against bank robbery are stupid. It keeps me from getting rich so I'll just ignore it and tell the judge that MY opinion overrules his law.
If you want to speak out in favor of laws against hiring people who want to work and against laws that punish people for bank robbery, be my guest. I already know you are a fool! You might as well make sure everyone else knows it too!