ECT Define good works

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes. not to eat blod. It is totally and absolutely to observ any other commandment of the Law. It is totally and absolutelly prohibited to pracrice and teavh the tithe. Tithing leads to be dammed.
Obeying God never leads to damnation. Only disobedience does.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Love God with all your heart, mind, and soul. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

How do you think you measure up to that standard? Nobody with any spot or blemish will enter into life. Not one spot.
The question is not one spot without Jesus? Or, not one spot period?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps someone has already said this as I have not read the entire thread.

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. Acts 10:38

All you have to figure out is, what all did Jesus do? And there you have what are good works.

Would getting up early in the wee hours of the morning to pray and be close to Our Father be good?

Would giving thanks for all things before even asking for what is wanted good?

On and on it goes...
Thank you.

:up:

0scar

I have no problem with instruction to tithe or be generous.

I am glad you instruct to be generous. I hope you instruct a lot of more things like being sexually pure, etc. the point is that non of those insstructions has nothing to do with tithing. tithing is not about sex and has nothing to do at all with generossity. tithe is LAW.

I am sorry you desobey the Holy Spirit and instruct tithe which He did prohibit to teach and practice. Now i understand your lack of spiritual light.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am glad you instruct to be generous. I hope you instruct a lot of more things like being sexually pure, etc. the point is that non of those insstructions has nothing to do with tithing. tithing is not about sex and has nothing to do at all with generossity. tithe is LAW.

I am sorry you desobey the Holy Spirit and instruct tithe which He did prohibit to teach and practice. Now i understand your lack of spiritual light.
All of God's commands are important, not just some.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obeying God never leads to damnation.

Who has obeyed God? Let me give you a hint.

Romans 3

10 As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”

Why is it that way? Because of Adam. This includes CrossReference, who thinks he is right because he does right. He doesn't. As shown in Romans 3.

Romans 5

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Who has obeyed God? Let me give you a hint.

Romans 3

10 As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”

Why is it that way? Because of Adam. This includes CrossReference, who thinks he is right because he does right. He doesn't. As shown in Romans 3.

Romans 5

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned
We are commanded by God to obey Him, which God would never ask us to do unless it were possible.

PureX

That which serves to support and promote love, forgiveness, kindness, generosity, and wisdom is "good work".

Levolor

How is it working out for you? All the law hangs on what the Lord Jesus Christ quoted from Deuteronomy and Leviticus. And Exodus and on and on.

What Christ actually said was:

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:35

To answer your question, it's going better all the time.

How about for you?

Levolor

we must and more important, we can imitate Jesus. Jesus lived by faith (not being omniscient), lived in the power of God (not being omnipotent) doing good things. we must and we can do the same.

Amen, brother.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:12

If loving and having compassion one to another is works, then let me say yes... I am a worker. Love is the only thing that is real, because God is love, and God is the only thing that is real.

If you consider all the sins... they are all due to a lack of love for others, and because of a perverted love for one's self. They will all go to the grave for there is no life/love in them.

Levolor

Ephesians 2:10

Amen.

And just as I said in the above post: If loving and having compassion one to another is works, then let me say yes... I am a worker. Love is the only thing that is real, because God is love, and God is the only thing that is real.

0scar

Correct, and God hasn't changed... the Law is about love. Love of God who is love and love of your neighbor also.

WRONG
the Law is about to obey either you like or not. the Law is not about love but about obligations and complusory.
in the oposite, if you love, then you will do the things that aare good, because you love, not for obligation.

by Law you are prohibited of killing. you dont kill becaause is prohibited.
by love you dont kill. you dont kill because you love.

0scar

Law leads to sin and dead.
Love leads to redemption and life.

no way to put Law and love as the same or similars

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
WRONG
the Law is about to obey either you like or not. the Law is not about love but about obligations and complusory.
in the oposite, if you love, then you will do the things that aare good, because you love, not for obligation.

by Law you are prohibited of killing. you dont kill becaause is prohibited.
by love you dont kill. you dont kill because you love.
Law leads to sin and dead.
Love leads to redemption and life.

no way to put Law and love as the same or similars
No. For some reason you are against Law when Jesus said it is about love.

0scar

No. For some reason you are against Law when Jesus said it is about love.

Jesus told us to love instead of keeping the Law.
Jesus never says that keeping the Law is by love.

Probably you are deeply interested in have christians to keep the Law of the tithe. Probably you dont care on keeping any other Law, but the Law of tithing.