Cyrus Christ

Goose

I take it as an implication when you were referring to the Messiah and that things were fulfilled spiritually, not physically.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Goose

Unless the interpretation of Daniel, or Daniel himself is wrong, then it's already come.
You think that maybe the book of Daniel should not be counted among the Scriptures?
I don't understand your question maybe.
I asked you if you believed that someday someone else will come along and fulfill all of the [Messianic] propecies.

You answered, "Of course."

How will this coming Messiah fulfill this prophecy? For instance, how will he manage to be "cut off" 483 years* after the command to rebuild the temple, since that timeframe came and went almost 2000 years ago?

*A "week" here is seven years. ( see Genesis 29:27 for another example of a "week" meaning seven years) "seven weeks and sixty-two weeks"=7*(62+9)=483 years

Goose

Originally posted by Turbo

How will this coming Messiah fulfill this prophecy? For instance, how will he manage to be "cut off" 483 years* after the command to rebuild the temple, since that timeframe came and went almost 2000 years ago?

*A "week" here is seven years. ( see Genesis 29:27 for another example of a "week" meaning seven years) "seven weeks and sixty-two weeks"=7*(62+9)=483 years
I answered that in my response. The problem is that you look at the Messiah through the lense of Christianity. Not through the context and the lense in which Daniel was written. "Messiah" being the title for someone who is appointed for a given task. In the case of Daniel 9, the Cyrus Christ calls to rebuild the Temple, then Agrippa, the last Jewish King, was cut off.

drbrumley

Originally posted by Goose

The Daniel 9 is already fulfilled.

Did King Agrippa fulfill all these? If so in what way did he do this?

To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

All this was the job of the true Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ! And I believe he did exactly this. So can you please explain King Agrippa's role in what was to be accomplished?

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Turbo

You think that maybe the book of Daniel should not be counted among the Scriptures?
I asked you if you believed that someday someone else will come along and fulfill all of the [Messianic] propecies.

You answered, "Of course."

Ouch! :eek:

Brilliant post Turbo!

Goose

Originally posted by drbrumley

Did King Agrippa fulfill all these? If so in what way did he do this?

To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

All this was the job of the true Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ? And I believe he did exactly this. So can you please explain King Agrippa's role in what was to be accomplished?
You misunderstand what Daniel 9 is. Daniel 9 is a countdown. Daniel 9 is a decree upon the people(not an anointed one) that they need to do those things before the end of the weeks. It's not a decree that they will do those things, but that they should. Obviously, they didn't. However, the prophecy was still fulfilled.