Cruel Parenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinmarie

Now that we've gotten completely off topic, I'll have to go back and repost not only my responses and posts, but also FrugalMoms, 1Ways and Cletes......this is going to take a long time, methinks.....
:freak:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Wow, did we lose both Brellix and Frugalmom because of this heated debate? :think:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We lost frugalmom. :( Brellix came and went even before this debate, so I'm not sure. You may be right, though.

I read To Train Up A Child over Thanksgiving. It was great! :thumb:

erinmarie

Turbo said:
We lost frugalmom. :( Brellix came and went even before this debate, so I'm not sure. You may be right, though.

I read To Train Up A Child over Thanksgiving. It was great! :thumb:

I can't believe FrugalMom got so incredibly upset over this debate. Clete once told me I was silly for not considering spanking....I think it was in the chat room. But I didn't take any offense. And she was an avid poster too! I liked a lot of her posts.... oh well!

I still haven't read anything but the first chapter of that book yet. Maybe I'll borrow it off of you this spring Turbo. :thumb:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You could probably read the entire book in an hour or two. It's just over 100 pages.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Oh man that's a hard core book! Put your seat belt on before you read it! Most of it is common sense really but it really comes off as super harsh because it's so far outside of the normal parenting paradigm. When you've read it, you should start this discussion up again. This is one of my favorite subjects. I'll try to refrain from calling you silly though. ;)

erinmarie

Clete said:
Oh man that's a hard core book! Put your seat belt on before you read it! Most of it is common sense really but it really comes off as super harsh because it's so far outside of the normal parenting paradigm. When you've read it, you should start this discussion up again. This is one of my favorite subjects. I'll try to refrain from calling you silly though. ;)
Actually, I ended up using a new spanking/discipline technique with my second daughter, Olivia. She was/is more of a "handful" then Rose ever was. I needed to use a little more control with her and a stricter discipline routine. But I've still never spanked my first daughter, Rose, and I've never found reason to either.... :think:

JoyfulRook

I think "To train up a child" is a good book. They have some weird stuff but they're pretty much right. We recommend it! :thumb:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete said:
Oh man that's a hard core book! Put your seat belt on before you read it! Most of it is common sense really but it really comes off as super harsh because it's so far outside of the normal parenting paradigm.
Yeah, the Pearls make Supernanny look like a pushover.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Turbo said:
Yeah, the Pearls make Supernanny look like a pushover.
Oh brother! You can say that again! I was just dumb founded when she had that one set of parents sitting in the dark in their child's bedroom in order to get them to go to sleep. Unbelievable! What's more incredible is that it was an improvement over what had been happening! That would be like hitting someone in the head to knock them out because their migrane was hurting so badly and the person with the migrane thinking it was a good idea!. :doh:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete said:
Oh brother! You can say that again! I was just dumb founded when she had that one set of parents sitting in the dark in their child's bedroom in order to get them to go to sleep. Unbelievable!
We saw that episode! The parents were ecstatic that when they followed the nanny's advice, the kid only got out of bed about twenty times. :bang: I told the Sibbie that if the nanny taught proper spanking the show could be shortened to a half-hour.

Agape4Robin

Turbo said:
We saw that episode! The parents were ecstatic that when they followed the nanny's advice, the kid only got out of bed about twenty times. I told the Sibbie that if the nanny taught proper spanking the show could be shortened to a half-hour.
:BRAVO: :darwinsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.