Crow's 2nd POTD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

I already did my POTD as moderator, but this witness is too good to not recognize:

Way to go, Sozo!:thumb:

Originally posted by Sozo

Yes! God has made a provision for you to be saved through His Son...

You must accept salvation through God's provision.

"God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

It is through Christ Jesus, and Jesus alone that men are saved?

Who is Jesus?

"...these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God"

"Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God."

"...if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

So, can we agree that Jesus is the Son of God, and that He is Lord? As we also agree that salvation is through Him.

Eph 2:8 tells us:

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;"

Romans tells us that if you confess that Jesus is Lord, and believe that God raised Him from the dead, you are saved and we just read that it is by grace.

God gives us the grace to believe that Jesus is Lord and that God raised Him from the dead, and when we accept this in our hearts, and confess it with our mouths, the result is righteousness and salvation.

What is it about Jesus that saves us? What did He do?

"He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him"

"He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world"

"In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins"

Propitiation - God is satisfied!

Jesus satisfied a debt He did not owe, for us who had a debt we could not pay and God accepted it and we were reconciled to God.

"For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son"

What debt did Jesus pay?

"For the wages of sin is death"

Jesus paid for our sin.

"For the death that He died, He died to sin, once for all"

Jesus died to sin for all, and that death, satisfied God and the debt was paid, and all were reconciled to Him.

Reconciled - a change in relationship

"God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation"

"...we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God."

(We beg you on behalf of Christ, let your relationship with God be changed)

God has changed the relationship with us through the blood of Christ, by removing the debt that we owed, and no longer counting our trespasses against us, and He desires that we change our relationship with Him.

Jesus was raised from the dead

"...knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him"

Jesus is alive!

"For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;"

We are saved by His life!

"For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life."

"...whoever believes may in Him have eternal life"

"...whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life".

He who believes in the Son has eternal life

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life".

"For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life"

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life"

"I came that they might have life"

"I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand"

"I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies"

"And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent"

"...these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name."

Salvation is life! The life of God! It is eternal!

What do we receive when we believe? LIFE!!

"Go your way, stand and speak to the people in the temple the whole message of this Life"

"For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ"

"So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men."

"...as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord"

"For if their rejection be the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?"

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me".

"For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God"

"When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory"

"Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, according to the promise of life in Christ Jesus"

"...but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death, and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel"

"...being justified by His grace we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life"

"And this is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life."

"And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son"

"He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life"

"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life "

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.

If you have the Son, you have LIFE! You don't get life, you have life.

"It is the Spirit who gives life "

"He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive"

"...you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him."

"Do you not know that you are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?"

"...your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own"

"for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

"In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise"

"And we know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us."

"By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit."

Salvation is receiving the very LIFE of God!

Context:BRAVO:

Sozo

I actually compiled that message last year, but thought it was worth repeating.

Status
Not open for further replies.