Crow Endorses Baby Killing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

intro2faith said:
Crow, I realize I don't know too much about the medical profession(obiously:)), but is there ever a situation where if the mother continues the pregnancy, there is a chance she will die? But the baby would not?

Very rare if ever in this day and age. Think about what happens to a baby that is too premature to be born if the mother dies.

The stories of choosing between the mother and the baby come from the time when a caesarian section was nearly a death sentence. In those times, there was a choice between the mother and the baby in some instances.

Today, caesarian sections are so safe that they occur in nearly 1/4 of births. In the case of the woman with pre-eclampsia, she stands a good chance of being delivered by caesarian section because it is less traumatic to her and the baby than risking her blood pressure going sky high during delivery and having the baby undergo a period of oxygen deprivation during delivery.

intro2faith

Crow said:
Very rare if ever in this day and age. Think about what happens to a baby that is too premature to be born if the mother dies.

The stories of choosing between the mother and the baby come from the time when a caesarian section was nearly a death sentence. In those times, there was a choice between the mother and the baby in some instances.

Today, caesarian sections are so safe that they occur in nearly 1/4 of births. In the case of the woman with pre-eclampsia, she stands a good chance of being delivered by caesarian section because it is less traumatic to her and the baby than risking her blood pressure going sky high during delivery and having the baby undergo a period of oxygen deprivation during delivery.
Whew, medical technology has come far. :D Good!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hasan_ibn_Sabah said:
Freak doesn't care one whit about this issue, all Freak is doing is exploiting the issue to humiliate Crow. Freaks motivations are less than pure. It's all about manipulation. And it's absurd for Crow (a medical professional) to argue this issue with people who know squat about medicine, let alone with a person who knows squat about reality like Freak.

Quite true. Although Crow seems to be tough as leather; I don't think a paper tiger like Freak will humiliate her any time soon...:chuckle:

elohiym

Freak said:
"I'm not even to the far far right on abortion--I believe that if the fetus cannot survive long enough to be viable because a pregnancy will be fatal to the mother and an abortion might save the mother's life, go for it."

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21566&page=4&pp=15 (post #60)

Crow, tells us that we should "go for it" in killing a baby if we can save a life. Strange logic!

Should TOL have a moderator that believes baby killing is permissable in certain cases?

I think this is a healthy debate!

I personally think Crow should resign or repent.
Mother = Baby's life support system

If baby kills mother, baby dies. Why let the mother die to obtain a dead baby? Crow is correct.

Until medical technology advances to the point where the fetus can be removed and grown outside the womb, an abortion should be legal in that circumstance.

Peace

###

Granite

Hall of Fame
I notice that, as usual, Freak makes an idiotic hit and run claim and then completely disappears.

Agent provocateur, anyone?

Flipper

Har. Didn't take long, did it?

Har. Didn't take long, did it?

A thread like this was crushingly inevitable. So much so that I don't even feel like patting myself on the back for predicting it. For my next trick, I predict that the sun will be rising tomorrow.

Yeah, Freak gets banned on a semi-regular basis. The curve goes like this - Freak cruises the mods for a while dropping not-so-subtle-hints about getting mod privileges, the mods ignore him because of his somewhat wacky perspective (even by Fundamentalist standards). Freak digs his heels in on a point of doctrine and gives up being polite. Freak gets banned. Freak apologizes later and, at least for a few months, is as meek and milquetoast as you like. Rinse and repeat.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=778684&postcount=200

If he doesn't cop a ban on this one, another thread following a similar pattern is pretty much guaranteed in short order. Freak, you're a crittur of consistency I'll give you that.

Hasan_ibn_Sabah

Flipper said:
A thread like this was crushingly inevitable. So much so that I don't even feel like patting myself on the back for predicting it. For my next trick, I predict that the sun will be rising tomorrow.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=778684&postcount=200

If he doesn't cop a ban on this one, another thread following a similar pattern is pretty much guaranteed in short order. Freak, you're a crittur of consistency I'll give you that.

I wonder why Freak still has rep.

Freak, you are nothing but the dung of the jackal, an affront to the eyes of the hyena.

Ninjashadow

Hey, I think I'm going to start a thread that makes a blanket statement about something that is merely situational, then I'm going to twist what everyone says and make it look like someone is something that he or she is, in fact, not. Then I'm going to pull quotes from that person's posts and use them out of context in an effort to boost my ego and make myself feel better about my beliefs my belittling the beliefs of someone else which I didn't even correctly understand in the first place.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ninjashadow said:
Hey, I think I'm going to start a thread that makes a blanket statement about something that is merely situational, then I'm going to twist what everyone says and make it look like someone is something that he or she is, in fact, not. Then I'm going to pull quotes from that person's posts and use them out of context in an effort to boost my ego and make myself feel better about my beliefs my belittling the beliefs of someone else which I didn't even correctly understand in the first place.

While you're at it you can claim you fight demons on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.