Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel1611

If the earth is flat and the sun sets below the earth then the entire surface of the earth (the side we live on) should be in total darkness. Instead, we have time zones. When it is midnight on one side of the earth, it is noon on the other. How is that possible on a flat earth?

In a flat earth model, the sun does not set below the earth. It moves around magnetic north. The sun gets farther away and appears to be "setting". A good example is to look down a very long hallway. It will appear that the floor and ceiling are coming together at the end. They aren't. It just appears that they are. Likewise, it appears that the sun is setting, but it's just getting farther away. That's how it it would work in a flat earth model anyway.

noguru

In a flat earth model, the sun does not set below the earth. It moves around magnetic north. The sun gets farther away and appears to be "setting". A good example is to look down a very long hallway. It will appear that the floor and ceiling are coming together at the end. They aren't. It just appears that they are. Likewise, it appears that the sun is setting, but it's just getting farther away. That's how it it would work in a flat earth model anyway.

That component sounds feasible. But have you ever put all the components together into a comprehensive model and analyzed that?

I will also note that you have now dispensed of your penchant to use the most obvious/easy answer (something you were claiming was of utmost importance), and have convoluted your explanation.

What about the sun rising on the other hemisphere as it sets here? Are the people in Asia fabricating that? And why does the sun rise from the opposite direction from where it set?

In the flat earth model is the arctic the magnetic north? Do you have a diagram showing where the known continents would reside on this flat earth model? Where are the "ends" of the earth?

Daniel1611

Ahah. That explains a lot. Young with only 2 major areas of study coupled with a dogmatic commitment to a literal view of Genesis.

Genesis doesn't teach that the earth is flat. The Bible does not teach that the earth is flat. It doesn't delve into the shape much. You can have a literal view of genesis a d believe in the globe or flat earth. Most all biblical literalists today accept the globe model with no qualms. On the other hand, some of the most prolific writer and lecturers espousing the flat earth are not Christian at all such as Eric Dubay and Math Boylan. Equating flat earth theory and biblical literalism doesn't work.

Daniel1611

That component sounds feasible. But have you ever put all the components together into a comprehensive model and analyzed that?

I will also note that you have now dispensed of your penchant to use the most obvious/easy answer, and have convoluted your explanation.

What about the sun rising on the other hemisphere as it sets here? Are the people in Asia fabricating that?

When it rises, it's getting closer. Some questions have simple answers and others don't. The sun disappearing is an easy question. It gets farther away. Some things are more complex. I surely don't have all the answers but I also don't accept all of the answers and assertions made by globularists.

noguru

Genesis doesn't teach that the earth is flat. The Bible does not teach that the earth is flat. It doesn't delve into the shape much. You can have a literal view of genesis a d believe in the globe or flat earth. Most all biblical literalists today accept the globe model with no qualms. On the other hand, some of the most prolific writer and lecturers espousing the flat earth are not Christian at all such as Eric Dubay and Math Boylan. Equating flat earth theory and biblical literalism doesn't work.

No. But as you explained a flat earth geocentric model negates evolution in your opinion. So in essence, you chosen model, based on your interpretation of Genesis, is a way to eliminate the possibility of evolution. So ultimately you are trying to achieve the same goal.

Daniel1611

No. But as you explained a flat earth geocentric model negates evolution in your opinion. So in essence, you chosen model, based on your interpretation of Genesis, is a way to eliminate the possibility of evolution. So ultimately you are trying to achieve the same goal.

Why would non Christians support the flat earth model?

noguru

When it rises, it's getting closer. Some questions have simple answers and others don't. The sun disappearing is an easy question. It gets farther away. Some things are more complex.

It rises from the other side of the earth. How do you explain that? Show us your explanatory model so that it can be placed under the same light of scrutiny that you place the spherical earth heliocentric model.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
No. But as you explained a flat earth geocentric model negates evolution in your opinion.

And gravity. And trigonometry. Optics. Meteorology. Geology. Pretty much everything. Stuff in science is all tied together, so a major change in something that basic, pretty much undoes it all.

Yes, if you take scripture as literal in the strict sense, it does say the Earth is flat.

Daniel1611

It rises from the other side of the earth. How do you explain that? Show us your explanatory model so that it can be placed under the same light of scrutiny that you place the spherical earth heliocentric model.

If its getting farther away, it appears to set. As it gets closer, it appears to rise. It works fine. What doesn't work for the globe is when the sun is visible for days at a time at places besides the poles. That shouldn't happen.

noguru

I surely don't have all the answers

You got that right. None of your answers are logical based on the evidence.

but I also don't accept all of the answers and assertions made by globularists.

Your personal beliefs are irrelevant if they are not aligned with reality.

I take that back, they are relevant but potentially dangerous if they are not aligned with reality.

Last edited:

noguru

Why would non Christians support the flat earth model?

:chuckle:

Because they would want an accurate view of their environment, given that a flat earth geocentric model were accurate. Are you really this dense that you cannot see the value of an accurate view of the environment for a non-Christian?

What city do you live in? I need to know because I certainly would not want to drink any water that you produce. So I need to stay away from there.

Last edited:

noguru

If its getting farther away, it appears to set. As it gets closer, it appears to rise. It works fine.

So in your model further away is in the west, and closer is in the east?

Rising and setting are an inverse relationship. The movement and appearance is the same but in opposite direction. If the earth is not rotating and giving the appearance that the sun is setting in the wast and rising in east, then how exactly exactly does this all flow from your model?

You really need to post a comprehensive model so we can analyze your model. But I strongly suspect you will not do that.

noguru

What doesn't work for the globe is when the sun is visible for days at a time at places besides the poles. That shouldn't happen.

You were an English major? Because that is not even a cohesive statement.

And yes. long days in arctic and antarctic regions during summer and winter solstices can be explained with the spherical earth heliocentric model.

So again you are either willfully ignorant or purposely deceitful here.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

I suppose he's referring to something like this:

tempwn0.gif

noguru

I suppose he's referring to something like this:

tempwn0.gif

So in his model the antarctic is immense, and the government has that border all locked down? That still does support his claim that extremely long days in the arctic region, only during/around the summer solstice, can be explained by his model? And I am not seeing how his model accounts for the seasons.

What's that white thing opposite of the sun, is that the moon?

And traveling from the southern tip of South Africa to the southern tip of Argentina would be much greater than has been recorded. Recorded by many of my marine coworkers.

Last edited:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle:

Because they want an accurate view of their environment. Are you really this dense that you cannot see the value of an accurate view of the environment for a non-Christian?

What city do you live in? I need to know because I certainly would not want to drink any water that you produce. So I need to stay away from there.

If you were in charge of a water system, would you hire anyone who claimed to be a flat earther other than to be a janitor? I suspect no one even thought to ask the question.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
pardon me for interrupting
but
who should get the award
for hating the evolutionists the most?

thank you for you consideration
and
who are the evolutionists?

Status
Not open for further replies.