Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes the bible does say God created the entire universe and it tells us how he did it as well.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

everready

Dear everready,

Thanks for your post. You are right. It took six days!!

God Bless You,

Michael

noguru

Dear noguru,

I had tons of hours of science in school. I know what is proposed by science. They taught me evolution.

Michael

I am sorry to be blunt Michael, but you have given me no evidence that this claim of yours is true. You might have been present (physically) in some classes, but you do not seem to have absorbed any of the material. Because you are obviously very ignorant of science. I am not surprised that you won't watch the video, however. Because the your cognitive dissonance will not allow you to investigate where you might be wrong.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No Michael, you are wrong again. I am not adding science to the Bible. Because I realize the Bible is theological text and not scientific text. You are the one trying to make it scientific text. I am not surprised that you cannot see your own hypocrisy and deceit here, however. Because that is the MO of cowardly intellectually bankrupt creationists like yourself. This is why reasonable people of the world do not trust you, they laugh at your willful ignorance, while being appalled by your attempts at deceit. Precisely because that is what you accuse others of doing.

Dear noguru,

Yes, you are. The Bible tells how Creation occurred, and you say something different. You are adding to the Creation story. You're on the verge of being a nut. I'm sorry to be so blunt.

Michael

noguru

Yes the bible does say God created the entire universe and it tells us how he did it as well.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

everready

That does not say how. That gives a weekly time frame for humans to acknowledge the creative power of God that He bestowed upon them.

noguru

Dear noguru,

Yes, you are. The Bible tells how Creation occurred, and you say something different. You are adding to the Creation story. You're on the verge of being a nut. I'm sorry to be so blunt.

Michael

No, Genesis does not give scientific detail. It is theological text. No reasonable person who has studied scripture or science would conclude that the Bible has accurate scientific descriptions of origins. That is something that Ellen G. White invented to resuscitate the defunct chronology (in regard to science) that Bishop Ussher published.

everready

That does not say how. That gives a weekly time frame for humans to acknowledge the creative power of God that He bestowed upon them.

Oh you wanted the how.

Psalm 33:8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

everready

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru,

Do you deny that God created everything in six days? Do you know that He is a master chemist way beyond any of your best scientists or chemists?? Do you realize that He is omnipotent? Could you or science create the Universe, and yet He did? Don't you think He is capable of making an aged Universe? If it took Him only 6 days to create everything, don't you think that within the 7,000 years since He created Adam, He could create tons more to add to the Universe to keep a million steps farther than man's assumption of what is in the Universe? You sell Him short, it seems to me.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh you wanted the how.

Psalm 33:8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

everready

Dear everready,

You're on fire today, eh? Thanks again for the true post!!

May God Be With You!!

Michael

:cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel:

noguru

Oh you wanted the how.

everready

Again, you are looking to theological text to answer scientific questions. That is like comparing apples to oranges. I don't expect that you will see or admit your error, because that is exactly why incompetent people like you take up the claim of being Christian. This way you do not have to face your own ineptitude. When challenged on your errors, you can always say "Well I believe in God." to compensate for your lack of aptitude.

noguru

Dear noguru,

Could you or science create the Universe, and yet He did?

Michael

Michael, I am not proposing that science replaces God. Science is simply the human tool for understanding the natural world. It can only show us how God created. It cannot replace God as the ultimate source of all change in the universe.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Again, you are looking to theological text to answer scientific questions. That is like comparing apples to oranges. I don't expect that you will see or admit your error, because that is exactly why incompetent people like you take up the claim of being Christian. This way you do not have to face your own ineptitude. When challenged on your errors, you can always say "Well I believe in God." to compensate for your lack of aptitude.

yep. you got Christians all figgerd out -

Johnny

Nope. Facts, remember? The Bible teaches "six days" of creation.
The bible also refers to the "four corners" of the earth. Is this to be taken literal as well, or is it a figure of speech? Teachings of the Bible are subject to human interpretation. And while most (all, I would argue) Christians believe that their worldview comes from the bible, it is usually their worldview influencing their interpretation of the Bible. This is very clearly seen by the sheer number of denominations and belief systems that exist within Christianity. It is why two individuals can look at the same text and come to different conclusions.

The Bible isn't a scientific textbook nor should it be treated by such even by those with faith in the authenticity of it. Even if you believe it was God breathing words through these men, it is clear that God glossed over a few minor details -- like all of the current scientific understanding of the universe -- and instead focused on a story that could be understood by these men whose knowledge of the physical world was hopelessly inchoate.

StanJ

The bible also refers to the "four corners" of the earth. Is this to be taken literal as well, or is it a figure of speech? Teachings of the Bible are subject to human interpretation. And while most (all, I would argue) Christians believe that their worldview comes from the bible, it is usually their worldview influencing their interpretation of the Bible. This is very clearly seen by the sheer number of denominations and belief systems that exist within Christianity. It is why two individuals can look at the same text and come to different conclusions.

The Bible isn't a scientific textbook nor should it be treated by such even by those with faith in the authenticity of it. Even if you believe it was God breathing words through these men, it is clear that God glossed over a few minor details -- like all of the current scientific understanding of the universe -- and instead focused on a story that could be understood by these men whose knowledge of the physical world was hopelessly inchoate.

Well that is explained in the following page;

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c017.html

but funny enough there is a modern group that still supports "four corners"

http://www.candicedoestheworld.com/2012/09/i-went-to-one-of-the-four-corners-of-the-world/

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael, I am not proposing that science replaces God. Science is simply the human tool for understanding the natural world. It can only show us how God created. It cannot replace God as the ultimate source of all change in the universe.

Dear noguru,

Science doesn't show us how God created. If you knew how God created everything, maybe you could do so yourself or explain it to us.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Johnny,

The four quarters of the Earth mean, to myself, North, South, East and West. It's quite a coincidence that there are four. And telling the men who had lack of knowledge that God created the Earth in six days is not so hard for them to comprehend. It's truth no matter how able they are to understand it. No reason for God to hide that from them, right? The only question here is whether 6 days is the truth of the matter of Creation. It's not like we're defining the entire Bible. Just a couple of verses, that's all.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.