Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The creation account is the most scientific and logical explanation to the evidence. Science is continually proving evolutionary beliefs wrong, and at the same time revealing the majesty of our Creator.
Correct. There are things God can not do... He can't and doesn't make mistakes.

You have shown repeatedly on this board that you cherry pick science to support your Bibliolitry. Dinosaurs went extinct millions of years ago and never lived with humans. Death of material bodies is natural and normal to all evolutionary worlds, else it would get very crowded. Original sin theory has also been debunked as a superstician born out of ignorance of the facts.

You have misapplied faith and human pride invested in the YEC story of the Hebrew priest. Thinking man has moved on.

Interplanner

Thinking man? The ones who dedicated ORIGINS to racism?

Read some 19th century English novels like those of Austin before you dismiss "sin." It's everywhere, not nowhere.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Thinking man? The ones who dedicated ORIGINS to racism?

Read some 19th century English novels like those of Austin before you dismiss "sin." It's everywhere, not nowhere.

Sin is even in heaven and the crafty beast had already fallen before Adam and Eve arrived on a world that was already populated. Sin is a knowing choice made by imperfect beings. Even if our high celestial administrator hadn't fallen and lead Eve and then Adam to default, man would still have been capable of sin.

Lilstu

The creation account is the most scientific and logical explanation to the evidence. Science is continually proving evolutionary beliefs wrong, and at the same time revealing the majesty of our Creator.

6 Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” 7 God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so. 8 God called the expanse heaven.

Has Science located the waters above in Heaven?

6days

gcthomas said:
Yes, and that relates to their cultural development, as I mentioned in my post. You said "more evolved". And you haven't managed to support your claim, since Darwin never said such a thing as far as I can tell.
Darwin never used the exact words, but that is not required. We see in the years after Darwin, that people clearly understood and taught that women were not as highly evolved as men... and that dark skin people were not as highly evolved as white skin people.* Prominent evolutionists admit that Darwins words lead to scientific racism.
gcthomas said:
6days said:
He referred to pygmies as "lower organisms".
No, he didn't, ...
You might be right... you might be wrong.*
The book 'Pygmy Kitabu' by J. Hallet* says "Charles Darwin libelled “the low and degraded inhabitants of the Andaman Islands” in his book The Descent of Man. The Iruri Forest Pygmies have been compared to “lower organisms”."

gcthomas said:
6days said:
In Darwins first book he discussed "Favored races" (Discussing animals and plants) and then applied that theory to humanity in 'Descent of Man'. The Nazi's, Japanese and many others applied Darwin's ideas about some savage human groups, and lower organisms as being more apelike, or less highly evolved. In fact, Darwins ideas about savages was used to put a pygmy in a chimpanzee cage in a zoo (Name was Ota Benga) The racist ideas were ingrained into society and when a pastor complained, the New York Times justified the racist display saying that 'evolution is in the textbooks, and is as factual as the multiplication table'.
Darwin claimed that all humans were of the same species, and not all Christian authorities agreed. Was he wrong?
Your 'answer' was an attempt at deflecting from the point. Racism was just justified with Darwinian beliefs by evolutionists (Including some Christians).

Christians should have trusted God's Word... not Darwin. God's Word teaches that we are all descendants of Adam and Eve, and that all humanity is equal. "There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus." Gal.3:28
gcthomas said:
6days said:
Notice this Smithsonian drawing of ape to man. Why does what almost appears to be a black African man evolve into a white guy?
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...g-Evolved.html
Are you really unaware that the first modern humans evolved in East Africa, and that some migrated to Europe, where evolution removed the dark skin to allow for vitamin D synthesis?
No wonder evolutionism caused racism to dramatically increase when you justify a pic showing white guys as the most highly evolved.

BTW.... a loss of pre-existing information perfectly fits the Biblical creation model.*

6days

6 Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” 7 God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so. 8 God called the expanse heaven.

Has Science located the waters above in Heaven?
Sure... We call it our atmosphere.

Lilstu

Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 The Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 The Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.

Did God make a mistake before Noah's day?

6days

Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 The Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 The Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.
Did God make a mistake before Noah's day?
No... Of course God did not, and does not make mistakes. His Word tells us that He knew you before you were even born. He knew you (we) would reject Him, yet He loved us anyways, going to Calvary for us. Rom. 5:8-10

Lilstu

You can argue with God on that one and the terminology used. But there is a few thousand cubic miles of water in our atmosphere.

At any moment, the atmosphere contains an astounding 37.5 million billion gallons of water, in the invisible vapor phase. This is enough water to cover the entire surface of the Earth (land and ocean) with one inch of rain.

I'm not impressed with one inch. That's a puddle not waters like an ocean.

Lilstu

No... Of course God did not, and does not make mistakes. His Word tells us that He knew you before you were even born. He knew you (we) would reject Him, yet He loved us anyways, going to Calvary for us. Rom. 5:8-10

Why would God be sorry if he didn't make a mistake?

Rosenritter

At any moment, the atmosphere contains an astounding 37.5 million billion gallons of water, in the invisible vapor phase. This is enough water to cover the entire surface of the Earth (land and ocean) with one inch of rain.

That's the amount of water in our atmosphere now? So how much more would it be when there was no rain because there were water vapors that covered the earth all the time? And that's only the atmosphere I'm talking about, our dry air compared to that air. There could be more even above that that was there then.

Lilstu

That's the amount of water in our atmosphere now? So how much more would it be when there was no rain because there were water vapors that covered the earth all the time? And that's only the atmosphere I'm talking about, our dry air compared to that air. There could be more even above that that was there then.

There may have been a drier atmosphere if it didn't rain.

6days

Lilstu said:
The truth of God's Word is not dependent on us being impressed.
Lilstu said:
Why would God be sorry if he didn't make a mistake?
Its a good question....We can try understand that verse with a low view of scripture and nature of God. Or, we can try understand it in the context of other scripture showing God is omnipotent and omniscient. *You can take the latter view and find the answer in most Bible commentaries. Or you can find many Christian apologetics websites that snswer your question. Ex.*https://lifehopeandtruth.com/god/who-is-god/genesis-6/

Lilstu

The truth of God's Word is not dependent on us being impressed.

Its a good question....We can try understand that verse with a low view of scripture and nature of God. Or, we can try understand it in the context of other scripture showing God is omnipotent and omniscient. *You can take the latter view and find the answer in most Bible commentaries. Or you can find many Christian apologetics websites that snswer your question. Ex.*https://lifehopeandtruth.com/god/who-is-god/genesis-6/

You surely know that not everything in the Bible was meant to be literally true.

Status
Not open for further replies.