Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Only in your mind did Jesus refer to the OT as the "ultimate source" of truth because of your obvious bias. And frankly, the OT was used to discredit Jesus by the people who wrote the books which were mainly about themselves.

Jesus was his own authority, the Jews were ultimately false prophets, their ideas about a "Jewish Messiah" were discredited, their house left desolate, the light went west. You are still living in the past and haven't figured that out yet.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He wondered why creationists don't publish in secular journals.

Did you tell him that they do publish in secular journals?

Did you ask him what possible effect not publishing — regardless of where — would have on the veracity of their ideas?

This type of discussion is an utter waste of time and only serves to help the Darwinist obliterate any rational critique of the issues.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
100 percent of the threads that involve even an obscure, implied criticism of Darwinism attract nonsense as a first response to the "challenge."

Darwinists use arguments from authority, arguments from popularity, straw men, tu quoque... anything other than a rational response to ideas that they perceive as a threat to their precious religion.

Jose Fly

Hitler and the Nazi's were evolutionists.

Funny, given that you can't offer a single quote from Hitler saying "We're doing this because of evolution", but we can find all sorts of quotes from him saying "We're doing this because we're Christians and it's the Lord's work".

Sure.... there are many fake artifacts, I agree.

So what do you think that says about Christianity and Christians?

redfern

The Bible …

How do you determine any historical book or manuscript is true? Is it internally consistent? Is it supported by external sources? Is there archaeology that supports it?.

The question isn’t whether a historical document is true, since there are probably a lot of such documents I would feel comfortable saying are true. But you explicitly said “absolutely true”. That is much more restrictive than what we generically might say we mean by “true”. “Absolutely true” leaves no margin for the recording historian – it is either completely accurate, or it fails being “absolutely true”. Now what source will you refer me to that I might determine (as you seem to think you have) that "God's Word" is free of error – “absolutely true”?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Misapplied faith is an opioid to critical thinking. The original gospel of Jesus didn't rely on the Old Testament as a foundation for its authority. The Jewish converts to their new religion about Jesus attempted to substantiate their new faith by relying on their old theology from Judaism. So for 2000 years we were stuck with a real mess that has retarded science and the quest for truth. Sadly, Bibliolatry is retarding the spread of the original gospel.

Dear Caino,

Keep wishing that. It's not going to get you where you really want to go. Ask Jesus to come into your heart instead. That is my BEST advice for you. I do care about you and I'm not just trying to argue with you. You are an important human being able to love and be loved. Why will you let some basically obscure beliefs stand in your way as a stumbling block to what many more others believe instead. The Bible gives us what to go on in the New Testament and the Old. Wait for God to send Jesus. How simple can that be? Plus Jesus gives us an example on how we should live. Why do you dis Him?? Quit it. Get with what is really happening here. If Jesus' angel said that we would see Him coming with the clouds of Heaven, why shouldn't we believe?? Quit fighting what the devil is trying to get you to believe. He is craftier than you realize. Will you follow after the beliefs of less than a million people or more than 2 million people instead? I'm not good with the numbers here necessarily, but I've got my ideas and it could always be investigated. If I find time, I will do it. No one realizes how busy I am.

May God Clear Your Head,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
100 percent of the threads that involve even an obscure, implied criticism of Darwinism attract nonsense as a first response to the "challenge."

Darwinists use arguments from authority, arguments from popularity, straw men, tu quoque... anything other than a rational response to ideas that they perceive as a threat to their precious religion.

Dear Stripe,

The worst and saddest part of all of this is that you are true. You got it down. I can see and sense certain things. Be glad at least you're going to make it to Heaven. Be joyful!!

Much Love Until And After He Returns!!

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Only in your mind did Jesus refer to the OT as the "ultimate source" of truth because of your obvious bias. And frankly, the OT was used to discredit Jesus by the people who wrote the books which were mainly about themselves.

Jesus was his own authority, the Jews were ultimately false prophets, their ideas about a "Jewish Messiah" were discredited, their house left desolate, the light went west. You are still living in the past and haven't figured that out yet.

Dear Caino,

Jesus referred to the OT by telling us to obey the ten commandments and to especially obey the two most important ones. To love God with all your heart, mind and soul, and to love your neighbor/brethren as much as you love yourself. He said on these two commandments rest all of the other ones. It means if you can do these two correctly, you will see yourself keeping the remaining commandments out of truth, love, and wanting to please God. We are not here to please ourselves totally. We are here to desire to please our Creator. Also to learn how to choose between good and evil. For this reason, we all are alive since Adam and Eve first faced the same simple test.

May You Finally Get Rid Of That Monkey On Your Back!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The question isn’t whether a historical document is true, since there are probably a lot of such documents I would feel comfortable saying are true. But you explicitly said “absolutely true”. That is much more restrictive than what we generically might say we mean by “true”. “Absolutely true” leaves no margin for the recording historian – it is either completely accurate, or it fails being “absolutely true”. Now what source will you refer me to that I might determine (as you seem to think you have) that "God's Word" is free of error – “absolutely true”?

Dear redfern,

How are you doing?? I wanted to mention that Jesus put His stamp of approval on the whole Bible after He left this Earth, and went to sit on the right hand of God in His Great White Throne. You will notice at the very end of the Bible, in Rev. 22:18-19KJV, Jesus specifically says to all readers of the Bible not to add to the words of 'this Book.' Also, not to 'take away words' from this Book. He sanctified it as having no mistakes in it. Woe to those who add or take away from the Bible. Thus, it is written. So be it, right? Give things a chance or the benefit of the doubt. Trust Jesus and God, and the Holy Spirit!

Much Love To You, In Jesus Christ's Fashion,

Michael

6days

The question isn’t whether a historical document is true, since there are probably a lot of such documents I would feel comfortable saying are true. But you explicitly said “absolutely true”.
What would prevent you from declaring anything as absolute truth? If something is true, it will be true and inerrant yesterday, today and tomorrow.

redfern

What would prevent you from declaring anything as absolute truth? If something is true, it will be true and inerrant yesterday, today and tomorrow.
I depend on my own judgement, which I have found to be less than perfect, and I rely on the judgement of others who I feel are better qualified than I to judge in some matters (but are still just humans).

I am trying to find out (vainly, so far) who or what you are relying on for information about the accuracy of the Bible that you think admits no possibility of error – “absolutely true”. You seem reluctant to give what should be a very simple direct answer.

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am trying to find out (vainly, so far) who or what you are relying on for information about the accuracy of the Bible that you think admits no possibility of error – “absolutely true”. You seem reluctant to give what should be a very simple direct answer.

Your question has no value. It is tainted by Darwinist reliance on irrational nonsense, in this case the genetic fallacy.

Don't be misled, the genetic fallacy does not refer to biology; it is the irrational challenge of questioning the source of a claim as if it affected its veracity.

redfern

… the irrational challenge of questioning the source of a claim as if it affected its veracity.
I fail to see what is irrational about trying to find out how 6days has come to the conclusion that the Bible is “absolutely truth”. Do or do not you agree with his statement that “God’s Word is absolute truth”? If those words he chose are just hyperbole, then fine, say so. If what he said is correct, show me how you come to that conclusion.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Dear Caino,

Keep wishing that. It's not going to get you where you really want to go. Ask Jesus to come into your heart instead. That is my BEST advice for you. I do care about you and I'm not just trying to argue with you. You are an important human being able to love and be loved. Why will you let some basically obscure beliefs stand in your way as a stumbling block to what many more others believe instead. The Bible gives us what to go on in the New Testament and the Old. Wait for God to send Jesus. How simple can that be? Plus Jesus gives us an example on how we should live. Why do you dis Him?? Quit it. Get with what is really happening here. If Jesus' angel said that we would see Him coming with the clouds of Heaven, why shouldn't we believe?? Quit fighting what the devil is trying to get you to believe. He is craftier than you realize. Will you follow after the beliefs of less than a million people or more than 2 million people instead? I'm not good with the numbers here necessarily, but I've got my ideas and it could always be investigated. If I find time, I will do it. No one realizes how busy I am.

May God Clear Your Head,

Michael

I do have Jesus, I found him long ago. It's not a theory, when one finds God they know.

But because faith in the Father is difficult, people make idols out of holy writings.

I have no faith in Satan, he was defeated by Jesus and never had the power to enter peoples brains.

Lots of people believe things that are not true. Just because you believe in a YEC doesn't make it true. Children may believe in Santa Clause, but then the grow up and realize it wasn't true.

Last edited:

gcthomas

Funny, given that you can't offer a single quote from Hitler saying "We're doing this because of evolution", but we can find all sorts of quotes from him saying "We're doing this because we're Christians and it's the Lord's work".

It is interesting that the Nazi guide for lending libraries explicitly banned books about Darwinism.
http://www.library.arizona.edu/exhibits/burnedbooks/documents.htm#guidelines

So what do you think that says about Christianity and Christians?

There was thunderous silence on the topic of Christian terrorism when it was raised. I wonder why? And that the vast majority of modern terrorism is carried out by those who believe in God, Muslims internationally and Christians throughout Africa and elsewhere.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I fail to see what is irrational about trying to find out how 6days has come to the conclusion that the Bible is “absolutely truth”. Do or do not you agree with his statement that “God’s Word is absolute truth”? If those words he chose are just hyperbole, then fine, say so. If what he said is correct, show me how you come to that conclusion.
Regardless of how he responds, it will not advance the discussion.

What will you do when you find out? Declare that he is wrong because of how he came to believe as he does?

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TheologyOnline mobile app

redfern

Regardless of how he responds, it will not advance the discussion.
I hadn’t realized it was your job to dictate where discussions were supposed to go. Is it because you don’t like the direction my question is leading that you feel the need to jump in and front for 6days?

Status
Not open for further replies.