Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I believe that like Eve, you have been decieved into doubting God.

Oh heavens no, I doubt the exaggerated, self important history written by the people who killed Jesus, who did not believe in him then and don't believe in him today. I don't believe there has ever been a time when the men of the church were perfect or incorruptible.

I believe that the original secular history books mentioned in the scripture were deliberately destroyed when the Old Testament was rewritten in Babylon.

I completely understand the position you are in having to defend Bibliolatry.

Rosenritter

Good point Hunter..... your belief system can't be falsified, meaning it is out of the realm of science.... its an unscientific belief.

Actually, we did have quite a few evidences of "man in the same time frame as dinosaur" thanks to GCThomas challenge earlier, and those proofs were literally "written in stone." The stegosaurus on the Bhuddist temple did falsify his belief system, for example.

GCThomas claimed that it was a hippo.
Hunter claimed that the person who engraved the Stegosaurus must have coincidentally imagined it.
No one said anything about the other examples, they just concentrated on the Buddhist temple.

Evolutionist assertions are falsified, one after another, and they blithely ignore them and keep going on as if nothing had ever happened. As such there won't be progress made on this board. Their "faith" requires them to reject evidence that disproves their belief system.

Rosenritter

Oh heavens no, I doubt the exaggerated, self important history written by the people who killed Jesus, who did not believe in him then and don't believe in him today. I don't believe there has ever been a time when the men of the church were perfect or incorruptible.

I believe that the original secular history books mentioned in the scripture were deliberately destroyed when the Old Testament was rewritten in Babylon.

What "original secular history books?" You mean like the Book of Jasher?

gcthomas

It appears that many secularists deliberately reject the findings of the RATE Group, although they cannot scientifically falsify the Group's findings. There seems little doubt that such rejections are theologically based and not scientifically based.

Here is the RATE Group's statement of their physics research:

Physics

Radiometric Dating Project: exposing the errors in secular dating methods to negate deep time

Accelerated Decay Project: analyzing the conditions under which decay can be accelerated

Isotope Project: analyzing samples for intermediate half-life elements to refute deep time

They have a specific goal they are trying to reach. It is not to prove a young Earth, but simply to undermine a couple of factors supporting deep time, while leaving the multitude of other strands untouched. The have reached their conclusions already, based not on science, but on the Bible.

THIS ISN'T SCIENCE! And scientists are right to reject it. It will always be rejected by science as long as it relies on the Bible for it's authority rather than rigorous science.

gcthomas

Uranium-lead dating was used on actual dinosaur bones? Are you sure about that? Dinosaur bones usually don't have uranium in them.

Didn't you read the linked abstract?

Dinosaur bones are not usually the original bone material, but have been remineralised by the action of percolating groundwater during the period after burial. Water routinely has dissolved uranium salts (up to 10s of µg/L).

Rosenritter

Dinosaur bones are not usually the original bone material, but have been remineralised by the action of percolating groundwater during the period after burial. Water routinely has dissolved uranium salts (up to 10s of µg/L).

I was wondering how you managed to know how much uranium those dinosaurs ate. But you were talking about uranium content in rock. I see. You are aware of the problems with attempting to use uranium-lead dating on rock, aren't you? Fresh lava flows are measured as being millions of years old. The process requires making assumptions about initial content of lead and uranium which cannot be verified, plus there is the problem of contamination...

As such I can't take Uranium-lead dating seriously. In practical use the results are all over, and only the ones that look like numbers that are liked are the ones kept.

gcthomas

I was wondering how you managed to know how much uranium those dinosaurs ate. But you were talking about uranium content in rock. I see. You are aware of the problems with attempting to use uranium-lead dating on rock, aren't you? Fresh lava flows are measured as being millions of years old. The process requires making assumptions about initial content of lead and uranium which cannot be verified, plus there is the problem of contamination...

As such I can't take Uranium-lead dating seriously. In practical use the results are all over, and only the ones that look like numbers that are liked are the ones kept.

Can you guide me to a paper on this lava dating please?

I'd be surprised if such a date was concluded from a standard technique, using multiple samples and multiple techniques and careful specified handling. The rigours of peer review usually weeds out this sort of sloppy work.

Jose Fly

Not only that, but as the folks at RATE have admitted...

"I did have an interesting conversation saturday morning with RATE
coordinator, Larry Vardiman, who seems like a pretty decent guy. I asked why no recognized experts on radiometric dating were invited to participate in the conference, given that none of the speakers had any training or experience in experimental geochronology. He was candid enough to admit that they would
have liked to included one on the team, but there are no young-earth geochronologists in the world.
"​

...and the creationists once again have a heat problem...

"He also agreed that the mechanism for accelerating radioactivity by nearly a billion-fold during a single year (the flood year) was a major problem for the group that in the end will probably only be resolved by invoking a
“cosmic-scale event” or miracle. He further conceded that at this point they have no physical evidence for this miracle. Apparently, dissipation of the heat produced during the event is, in the end, going to require yet an additional miracle.
"​

So RATE has no one actually trained or experienced in geochronology and they have no answers for the major problems that necessarily extend from their beliefs (except to invoke miracles).

That's yet one more indication of why young-earth creationism has absolutely no standing in the scientific community, and hasn't had any for well over a century.

marke

They have a specific goal they are trying to reach. It is not to prove a young Earth, but simply to undermine a couple of factors supporting deep time, while leaving the multitude of other strands untouched. The have reached their conclusions already, based not on science, but on the Bible.

THIS ISN'T SCIENCE! And scientists are right to reject it. It will always be rejected by science as long as it relies on the Bible for it's authority rather than rigorous science.

Secularists are also agenda driven and those who cannot see that are blind.

marke

Archaeological evidences have not only proved the Biblical historical record correct, but have also demonstrated its remarkable detail and accuracy.

marke

In 1961 an oil engineer found a part of a duck-billed dinosaur in Alaska which was not permineralized. It took secular researchers more than 20 years to even begin studying the remains and they have since said very little about the remarkable, tradition-shattering find.

Status
Not open for further replies.