Countdown To President Trump Re-election

Jerry Shugart

There is a Republican Party thoroughly infused with racism ... systematic racism ....

It is the Dems who deny the blacks the chance to go to charter schools and get a good education so it is the Dems who are racist.

It is the Dems who adore the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, and she was a world class racist:

"While liberals praise Planned Parenthood for its contributions to the health of women (unborn infants carrying the feminine XX chromosomes excluded), no one seems eager to discuss the organization’s origin or its racist founder, eugenics advocate, Margaret Sanger. For the record, according to Merriam-Webster, eugenics is “the practice or advocacy of controlled selective breeding of human populations (as by sterilization) to improve the population’s genetic composition.”

With assistance from Sanger herself, allow me to introduce you to this heroine of the left in a few of her own words.

From “The Pivot of Civilization” (1922): “We are paying for, and even submitting to, the dictates of an ever-increasing, unceasingly spawning class of human beings who never should have been born at all.”

From “Birth Control and Racial Betterment” (1919): “Before eugenists and others who are laboring for racial betterment can succeed, they must first clear the way for Birth Control. Like the advocates of Birth Control, the eugenists, for instance, are seeking to assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit. Both are seeking a single end but they lay emphasis upon different methods.”

From “A Plan for Peace” (1932): [The government should] “give certain dysgenic groups in our population their choice of segregation or sterilization.”

And finally, the essence of Margaret Sanger. From “The Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda” (1921): “Today eugenics is suggested by the most diverse minds as the most adequate and thorough avenue in the solution of racial, political and social problems.”

Sanger skillfully crafted her language of caring for children and women while at the same time blatantly spewing her repugnance for the “unfit,” the “garden weeds,” and the “human beings who should never have been born at all.”

In a March 3, 1938 speech, Sanger said, “There are 1,700 special courts and 27 higher courts in Germany to review the cases certified for sterilization there,” and she assured her audience that “the rights of the individual could be equally well safeguarded here.” German “rights,” of course, were “safeguarded” by the likes of Dr. Josef Mengele.

Before it became less profitable to be a Baptist minister than a liberal Democrat civil rights activist (and a candidate for the U.S. presidency in 1984), Jesse Jackson railed against abortion, calling it “black genocide” and comparing abortion to slavery. According to Jackson, the idea that a baby was the personal property of the mother and she could do whatever she pleased with the child “was the premise of slavery. You could not protest the existence or treatment of slaves on the plantation because that was private and therefore outside your right to be concerned.” And at the 1977 March for Life, Jackson asked, “What happens … to the moral fabric of a nation that accepts the aborting of the life of a baby without a pang of conscience?”

Notwithstanding what we know about Sanger, each year since 1966, Planned Parenthood has continued to hand out The Margaret Sanger Award to “honor” the legacy of its founder. And liberals covet that award. The 2014 recipient? Nancy Pelosi.

When Hillary Clinton received the award in 2009, she said during her acceptance: “It was a great privilege when I was told that I would receive this award. I admire Margaret Sanger enormously. … I’m really in awe of her. There are a lot of lessons we can learn from her life, from the causes she launched and fought for and scarified for so greatly.”

Indeed, there are a “lot of lessons” — most of which fall on deaf, liberal ears."

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryla...0200104-opc3c76o4na47mtdtun4nvqw3y-story.html

It is the Dems who are racist, not the party of Lincoln!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Next on my reading list:

71Mx4qzWIUL._AC_UY436_QL65_.jpg

Unholy: Why White Evangelicals Worship at the Altar of Donald Trump

Solidly into the book... wow. What an indictment of evangelicals. The leaders who convinced their congregations that Trump was God’s anointed - and the millions of followers who believed them. AMA!

Jerry Shugart

When Hillary Clinton received the Margaret Sanger award in 2009, she said during her acceptance the following: “It was a great privilege when I was told that I would receive this award. I admire Margaret Sanger enormously. … I’m really in awe of her."

Hillary admires one of the biggest racists that ever walked the face of the earth and is really in awe of her!

Hillary also said this about Senator Robert Byrd, who was a leader in the Klu Klux Klan:

“Today our country has lost a true American original, my friend and mentor Robert C. Byrd."

Arthur Brain

Solidly into the book... wow. What an indictment of evangelicals. The leaders who convinced their congregations that Trump was God’s anointed - and the millions of followers who believed them. AMA!

Happened on here a coupla years ago where apparently, Trump was president by sovereign, divine appointment on one thread. Kinda fell apart where it was pointed out that Obama had two terms in office...

Arthur Brain

Oh for crying out loud...

You are not on my ignore list because I see no reason not to be engaged with threads where you may have started that have input from other members. I am not engaging with you directly or indirectly as I hadn't with my above to annabenedetti.

If you can't cope with that then let the mods make their decision but wow, I wouldn't be bothered and running off to teacher if you were engaging with someone else on one of my own.

That's the last you'll get from me one way or another.

(Go report this as well)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Happened on here a coupla years ago where apparently, Trump was president by sovereign, divine appointment on one thread. Kinda fell apart where it was pointed out that Obama had two terms in office...

She's laid out the historical background of the religious right from the 70s to present, and how that led to the evangelical embrace of Trump as "God's strongman." It's about the power.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She's laid out the historical background of the religious right from the 70s to present, and how that led to the evangelical embrace of Trump as "God's strongman." It's about the power.

Pretty sad that anyone would see a thrice-married adulterer who admitted to sexually assaulting women (Access Hollywood) as representative of God and Christianity.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oh for crying out loud...

You are not on my ignore list because I see no reason not to be engaged with threads where you may have started that have input from other members. I am not engaging with you directly or indirectly as I hadn't with my above to annabenedetti.

If you can't cope with that then let the mods make their decision but wow, I wouldn't be bothered and running off to teacher if you were engaging with someone else on one of my own.

That's the last you'll get from me one way or another.

(Go report this as well)

Sherman

JudgeRightly

Jefferson
Bob Enyart

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Pretty sad that anyone would see a thrice-married adulterer who admitted to sexually assaulting women (Access Hollywood) as representative of God and Christianity.

They see him as a 'King Cyrus,' and she traces the leaders' falling into line to support him back to a meeting with 1,000 of them in June 2016. The base were already falling into place by then because they agreed with his anti-immigrant rhetoric - as one Trump follower said, "Walls are Biblical." This was at the same time that Trump was retweeting white nationalists and they were calling him their "God-Emperor..."

One of the things that's resonated so far is something I knew - Trump never apologizes, he doubles down. And his base absolutely thrives on that. It's been coming together for a while now, the idea that the religious right wants the power to bend the country to their religious beliefs. I didn't realize how strong the drive for that power was, and in Trump they found their strongman.

Looking forward to the coming chapters.